Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Found it for ya audio only Treadwell bear

You got me.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Now whenever one of the bears eats something new and the other bears ask what it tastes like he says "tastes like Treadwell".
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy was a grade A homogenized moron.

Exactly the sort of enviro-looney that ought to be eaten by a wild animal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now whenever one of the bears eats something new and the other bears ask what it tastes like he says "tastes like Treadwell".

They killed both bears that ate him.

Well, everything still tastes like Treadwell to the bears.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:56:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I heard there's a bumper sticker in Alaska these days that says:

"Timothy Treadwell, the other white meat"

Darwin at work, that's all I have to say.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#7]
the audio is out there somewhere. i heard it a long time ago and others have heard it but fucked if anyone can find the damn thing. you'd think with the movie and discovery replaying the damn thing every hour it'd show up on the net somewheres...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have any sympathy for him because he died. I don't think he wanted any either. He died doing what he loved to do. Every man should be so lucky. I have sympathy for him because of his tormented soul. He was constantly struggling to discover who he was and where he fit in the world. Maybe he found it. I don't know.

Although I think he had good intentions, I think he crossed the line of man & nature. Observing nature without interfering is one thing. What he did was another. I respect him for his conviction, dedication, and love for nature, but he should not have crossed that line. He may have desensitized some of the bears to humans thus putting them at greater risk, and by attempting to fix the "salmon run" he disrupted nature's cycle. Nature has a balance that should not be disturbed.

However, Timothy Treadwell did capture some great footage and has left behind an amazing story, whether right or wrong.

In a bear's stomach?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............Damn,thats funny.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#9]
You want to hear creepy stuff, listen to the cockpit voice recorder last voice recordings of the pilots in major plane crashes. A friend had a site up where these were available, and morbid curiosity bit me so I had to listen. Kinda makes you sick to your stomach.

The one that got me the most was the Air Florida flight 90 that crashed into the Potomac a few years ago when it was heavily iced up.

It 's still etched in my mind.

CoPilot: "Larry, we're going down, Larry,"
Pilot: <shouting> "I know it."
<sound of impact, explosion>

those things make want to never fly again.

You can listen to it and others here. Be warned, may make you want to avoid air travel.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't need to hear it, just watching the coroner describing the injuries in correlation to the audio, was good enough  for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Show her the while she listens to it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top