Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:39:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I want a Garand

So get one.

I got 3. I guess Im hooked.

I dont even own an AR15. Thats the first on my list once im able to get some money thats not going to bills.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]

I have two CG HRAs and a case of ammo on their way to me right now.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Uber-Tagged!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
schwing

That's what I was gonna say!  SCHWING!

I need to get off my ass, work some OT and order me a CMP Garand.  I already have a Winchester Dane with a VAR barrel, but I want a couple more to squirrel away.   I even thought about picking up a receiver or two, and some miscellenious parts so I can later build up a match rifle.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for posting those pics.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I volunteered for 3 days back in '99, had a blast. Would do it again if I could. Lots of fun looking through all the boxes and walking around the warehouse. Orest showed me some of the low S/N Garands, and other odd ball stuff they put aside for future lottery or auctions. Also got to pack and ship my first H&R .22,  just luck that the paperwork came through those days. Also met Mac and Jerry, really neat guys to hang around. Not much to do in Anniston afterwork. Couldn't believe they all wanted to leave work at 5:00. I would have stayed all night!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I even thought about picking up a receiver or two, and some miscellenious parts so I can later build up a match rifle.  

If you want accuracy, go with an AR-15, match tuned. The best you can hope for with a Garand Match tuned is about 1 MOA, and that's if you're damned lucky. A tuned AR will shoot in the area of .25 MOA if you tune it right.

Besides, the Garand is a bear to keep tuned.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top