Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 4:29:06 AM EDT
I wish people would be more respectful. I find that the people who are mouthy on the web are the people who are cowards in real ife. They like the web because it lets them be a jerk without having to step up and back up their words.

So please be kind and courteous to each other.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a fantastic forum for this kind of thread, called General Discussion.

Oh, and IBTL, I like PIE and Coo Coo Ka Choo!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
51 posts in four days, wow.

+1 on going to GD.  The AR forum is for AR specific topics, your topic is not at all related to AR's, GD would love to have a chance at this thread.

Nationwide, what is Coo Coo Ka Choo?  Thats a new one for me.

Eh, why not.  IBTL, Can ye smell it mateys?, Glock>XD, clone optics, spaceship door gunner, I'm a girl do I really need a gun?, AGNTSA, full power shot, etc., etc..
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
He is the Walrus.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Lighten Up Francis,

Its just the internet and many of these people have been here for years.
You will find all sorts here:

Some very informative and helpful
Some just trolling for attention
Some with serious mental and emotional issues
Some that think they know what they are talking about and dont
Some that are kind and generous and will help with anything (Reference the 82Airborne thread)

Oh and lets not forget the Spelling Nazi's as you have just experienced in one of your other threads

In short you will shortly be able to put people in these categories and ignore the idiots as necessary.

But as this is the internet you have to sift thru the idiots first.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lighten Up Francis,

Its just the internet and many of these people have been here for years.
You will find all sorts here:

Some very informative and helpful
Some just trolling for attention
Some with serious mental and emotional issues
Some that think they know what they are talking about and dont
Some that are kind and generous and will help with anything (Reference the 82Airborne thread)

In short you will shortly be able to put people in these categories and ignore the idiots as necessary.

But as this is the internet you have to sift thru the idiots first.

+87!

Settle down a little bit!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
+1

IBTL

TAG

PIE

AGNTSA

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know why it says 51 posts. That is wierd because I have only put up like 15 of them.
What do you mean by a spelling nazi got one of my other posts. LOL.
Peple do trip me out on this forum. They criticize people about every little thing, and are just so rude sometimes. I just had to make a post about it though, because it is part of the process that allows a naturally angry and aggressive person such as myself to get past the fact that there are so many rude cowards on the internet and thatthey are going to be responding to my psts.

But it is also nice that so many peple are productive and that we can get together to help better each others knowledge about a common interest that are wonderful country gives us the freedom to have. Could you imagine living in a country where you could'nt own any military caliber weapons? God Bless America.

I'm happy that you are interested in how many posts that I have.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I meant your total post count.  Under the "joined" date under your name.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#9]
this thread is going to get bad pretty quickly

but in response to the author of this thread...  i try to leave personal insults out of my responses, and i try not to have too much of an attitude when responding to people.  sometimes it can be hard - when emotions run high, insults and asshole responses will be very likely

the truth is that you really just have to learn how to deal with it.  this is probably the "roughest" site i post at.  i don't let insults or poor attitudes get to me.  one thing you have to remember is that these people probably wouldn't speak to you that way in person...  internet anonymity gives people quite a bit of courage.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a attitude and I do not have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I wish people would be more respectful. I find that the people who are mouthy on the web are the people who are cowards in real ife. They like the web because it lets them be a jerk without having to step up and back up their words.

Lets hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" or at least "I'd like to buy the world a coke".
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Can you smell it????
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#13]
You are right. People wouldnt talk this way in person. I thought that maybe mature people could talk about something like this and leave all the negativity out of it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't know why it says 51 posts. That is wierd because I have only put up like 15 of them.
What do you mean by a spelling nazi got one of my other posts. LOL.
PeplePeople do trip me out on this forum. They criticize people about every little thing, and are just so rude sometimes. I just had to make a post about it though, because it is part of the process that allows a naturally angry and aggressive person such as myself to get past the fact that there are so many rude cowards on the internet and thattheythat they are going to be responding to mypstsposts.

But it is also nice that so many peple people are productive and that we can get together to help better each others knowledge about a common interest that areour wonderful country gives us the freedom to have. Could you imagine living in a country where you could'ntcouldn't own any military caliber weapons? God Bless America.

I'm happy that you are interested in how many posts that I have.

I am a spelling Nazi!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#17]
klassik

This is a great web site, but it comes with a burden of asshats and a fairly liberal Code of Conduct - that's part of the price that every member must pay.

If you can't abide the diversity of folks here, I recommend

www.leverguns.com
www.americanlongrifles.com
and
]www.benchrest.com]www.sixgunner.com[.url] and
]www.benchrest.com

The catch - the price of membership at those sites is narrow focus of topics and in some, zero tolerance of argument and controversy.

Stick around long enough and you will be able to tell which threads you want to check, and which are better to pass.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#18]
You must admit that it IS a rather trollish topic to begin with. I mean, what was the purpose of that initial post in the first place?

I think it's poor etiquette to come to a board and start complaining about "attitudes." Maybe YOU are the one with an attitude. Think about how you have been perceived by established members in the short time you have been here. Keep it up and I'm sure your stay here WILL be a short one. Negative attention is not a good thing, especially here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey wave I guess you are going to lock this post to if I respond to this jerk proofreading everything I write.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You must admit that it IS a rather trollish topic to begin with. I mean, what was the purpose of that initial post in the first place?

I think it's poor etiquette to come to a board and start complaining about "attitudes." Maybe YOU are the one with an attitude. Think about how you have been perceived by established members in the short time you have been here. Keep it up and I'm sure your stay here WILL be a short one. Negative attention is not a good thing, especially here.

+.9bar.

Great Post!

IBTL

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

F*** you...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey wave I guess you are going to lock this post to if I respond to this jerk proofreading everything I write.

oops......welcome to Locked Post #2.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#23]
He's going for lock number 2.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#24]
XD you are one of the jerks I was talking about get a life.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Klassik, I can see how this place/people would seem a bit "overwhelming".

Once you read many of the posts in General Discussion you will see a pattern.

It took a while for me to see it, and I try to avoid some of the mindless stuff.

My advice would be to read, read, and read some more.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

F*** you...

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You are going down the wrong road.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah your right so everyone stop replying to this post. Im done with jerks like XD. Its obvious he has isues. But hes a good speller and I was taught to always find something good in people.

THIS POST IS OVER SO GO ELSEWHERE I WILL IGNORE YOU JERKS IN THE FUTURE. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE CONSTRUCTIVE TALKS THOUGH.

Please forgive me Mr. Wave.

XD get a life
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow!

Just WOW!

I have never been called a Jerk so many times before.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

you do realize tht you just destroyed your entire argument, right?  the arfcom army will show no mercy now...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#32]
OK, boys and girls - EVERYONE CHILL OUT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top