Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2006 10:23:48 PM EDT
Today a couple of friends and myself were bumpfiring our Ar's and Ak's out in the country on 50 private acres. Practicing from the shoulder.  Well, one of the neighbors about a mile away called the sheriff and reported that someone was firing automatic weapons and they responded. We were back in the wood's shooting at a hugh dirt pile that we made as a backstop. I saw the deputy walking up, to where we were with his hand on his service revolver. He was nervous as hell. I asked him what the problem was and he said he had also heard the auto fire from a distance.  We had shot about 600 rounds. He inspected our guns and then asked if we could show him how we bumpfired. We each showed him and he had a great big grin on his face.  He said he would inform the neighbors that we were not doing anything illegal and there was no reason for concern. He was a 18 year veteran of the force. Just a good cop without a chip on his shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have handed him a mag and let him try.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the purpose of bump-firing again?

Heck, even real full-auto is over rated.  To each his own...  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

ArfCom blasphemy! Unbeliever! To not bump is to not belong.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You should have let that poor cop try it out, its the least you can do for him, I would not want to respond to full auto fire with only a revolver.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Today a couple of friends and myself were bumpfiring our Ar's and Ak's out in the country on 50 private acres. Practicing from the shoulder.  Well, one of the neighbors about a mile away called the sheriff and reported that someone was firing automatic weapons and they responded. We were back in the wood's shooting at a hugh dirt pile that we made as a backstop. I saw the deputy walking up, to where we were with his hand on his service revolver. He was nervous as hell. I asked him what the problem was and he said he had also heard the auto fire from a distance.  We had shot about 600 rounds. He inspected our guns and then asked if we could show him how we bumpfired. We each showed him and he had a great big grin on his face.  He said he would inform the neighbors that we were not doing anything illegal and there was no reason for concern. He was a 18 year veteran of the force. Just a good cop without a chip on his shoulder.

Most cops will react in the same way if you be smart about it (which you were). You should've offered for him to try it
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Since when was full auto illegal in Florida anyway?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You should have handed him a mag and let him try.

should have let him bumpfire his revolver!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just another ignorant bastard neighbor that can't mind their own fucking business.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have not got tired of it yet. Getting pretty good from the shoulder. It's like Nascar racing. If you get into it you'll understand it. If not, you'll think it's just a bunch of roundy rounders. The ammo bill does suck though...........
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Obviously you haven't tried it underwater yet
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

to waste a LOT of money REALLY fast!

It's fun!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never Bump Fired my AR.

I do not know how.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I learned to bump a Mak 90....it's minute-of-barn accurate from the hip, but damn fun!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When the Zombies attack, you will wish you could bump!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What is the purpose of bump-firing casual sex again?

Heck, even real full-auto oral sex is over rated.  To each his own...  

There, put it in a context you might understand. Same principle. For those of us who enjoy both, we're just as amazed at people who don't like it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heck, even real full-auto oral sex is over rated.  To each his own...  

There, put it in a context you might understand. Same principle. For those of us who enjoy both, we're just as amazed at people who don't like it.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heck, even real full-auto oral sex is over rated.  To each his own...   hinking.gif

LMAO.... Now thats funny.

I'm trying to learn bump firing on mine. But either the trigger is too stiff, or its just that Im a bump firing virgin.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Gee... he didn't cap your dog and arrest you for inhalation of 21% oxygen without a prescription?

Sounds like a good cop.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Since when was full auto illegal in Florida anyway?

Would love to know the reason for this too.

G
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Full auto is leagle in fl. I just can't afford a DIAS. The cop told us they have to respond to make sure that all the NFA paperwork is in place. I think with enough practice you could bump almost as good as a full auto. I can put 30 in a 3 foot area from 25 yds. It's addictive.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#21]
The same thing happened to me at a friend's ranch over Christmas.  No problem.  It was funny watching the cop try to figure out if my AK and AR were full auto.  He didn't know what he was looking for...  He was  nice about interrupting us.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The same thing happened to me at a friend's ranch over Christmas.  No problem.  It was funny watching the cop try to figure out if my AK and AR were full auto.  He didn't know what he was looking for...  He was  nice about interrupting us.

Same deal here. We had to show him were the selector switch was and they did not have the happy position.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Full auto is leagle in fl. I just can't afford a DIAS. The cop told us they have to respond to make sure that all the NFA paperwork is in place. I think with enough practice you could bump almost as good as a full auto. I can put 30 in a 3 foot area from 25 yds. It's addictive.

trust me theres no comparesion to a real full auto and someone bump fireing.

I can shoot my fa uzi alot more accurate then someone bumping a semi.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have never Bump Fired my AR.

I do not know how.

Me either. I still   don't get it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the Zombies attack, you will wish you could bump!

It's all fun, man. Firing one round, two, three, or thirty in one squeeze is a kick. If your line of work is to shoot people, then I understand, but the point of bump firing is fun. If it's not fun to you, you're too serious of a guy!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to do a comparison of me bumping an AR from the shoulder, and a F/A UZI....I'd bet you'd eat those words....or at least rethink how accurate bumping can be if done looking down the barrel instead of holding from the hip.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to do a comparison of me bumping an AR from the shoulder, and a F/A UZI....I'd bet you'd eat those words....or at least rethink how accurate bumping can be if done looking down the barrel instead of holding from the hip.

M16 - $12K
AR - $700

I can see one difference already.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M16 - $12K
AR - $700

+1

spend the difference on ammo to bump with
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M16 - $12K
AR - $700

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M16 - $12K
AR - $700

Bingo. My thumb is free, a DIAS is 12k.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#32]
for the record thu I have to add I have nothing agiesnt bumpfiring just not my thing anymore now that my form 4 came back,

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M16 - $12K
AR - $700

+1

spend the difference on ammo to bump with

Somewhere between 45-50 cases of Q3131, by some cocktail napkin math I did during a recent cost/benefit analysis of NFA vs fast shooting semiauto.  Still trying to save up for an MG someday, though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#34]
At least he was nice about it, I had the atf try to purue charges on my for bump firing. He was convinced my WASR10 was "3 shot burst" because I was bumpfiring it at a private range.

Fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#35]
bump
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh yea and don't try bumpfiring while standing on a fallen tree or anything where you don't have a good foot plant. I did it once like a dumbass standing ontop of a huge tree that had fallen and was laying on its side with my M1a and a 20rd mag once, and almost ate it big time
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Just another ignorant bastard neighbor that can't mind their own fucking business.  

I'm with you brother! Any neighbor that is concerned, but doesn't investigate themselves armed, is a ninny.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm sure some of you have seen the vid of a guy bump firing FAST from the shoulder, his name is Rickinvegas. Anyways, someone had one of those round counters that time the gun and i think he managed something around 1050 rounds per minute bump firing an AR15.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#39]
there is a post over in the AR discussions with pictures and instructions on how to bump.
learning is fun!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#40]
RETURN OF THE LIVING THREAD

Someone has to post that pic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#41]
my first ar is the 2005 sebr.  i was at some family property and was trying out bumpfiring for the firs ttime.  it used to be seclueded there, but houses have build up all around his 40 acres since then.  i fully expected a sherrif-mobile to pull in and check us out, but i guess noone made the call.  i know it must have been heard at at least 25 houses.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think it is the most pointless thing I have ever seen, as well as being stupid.
If people would just man up and say "its a fun way to burn off a mag" I'd not care.
The problem is, some claim it has a real life/serious purpose, and that scares me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I have video taped evidence of a 2.5 second 30 round AK bump

silly auto sears just slow you down...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm sure some of you have seen the vid of a guy bump firing FAST from the shoulder, his name is Rickinvegas. Anyways, someone had one of those round counters that time the gun and i think he managed something around 1050 rounds per minute bump firing an AR15.

I used to have a copy of that video, and lost it in "The Great Hard Drive Crash of 2005".  If someone has it, I'd appreciate if you could post it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#45]
AUTOMATIC weapons ARE NOT illegal.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it is the most pointless thing I have ever seen, as well as being stupid.
If people would just man up and say "its a fun way to burn off a mag" I'd not care.
The problem is, some claim it has a real life/serious purpose, and that scares me.

Ok, who claims that and why are you "scared"? Are you cowering scared like Jason is after you or are you just looking over your shoulder scared? Are you running scared because you claim some folks claim that they can bump accurately?

Have you ever seen someone bump a Beretta storm into a man sized target at 25 feet and keep all the rounds on paper?

I have.

Are you really "scared"?

Bob
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yeah, they are. There just happens to be some exceptions.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, who claims that and why are you "scared"? Are you cowering scared like Jason is after you or are you just looking over your shoulder scared? Are you running scared because you claim some folks claim that they can bump accurately?

Have you ever seen someone bump a Beretta storm into a man sized target at 25 feet and keep all the rounds on paper?

I have.

Are you really "scared"?

Bob

Wrong word.
It "scares me" to think that there are people who consider "bump firing" to have a real world use.
I don't care if you think it is fun to burn off a mag - hell, I agree with you.
But I can't take you seriously if you think bump firing has real world applications.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, they are. There just happens to be some exceptions.

Like Illinois?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#50]
On the way back from a service call in My company supplied van, I pulled-off of I-90 at a local access next to the Jellystone River East of Livingston. I decided to take a little break & enjoy the Great Outdoors by doing a little bump-fireing with My 7.62 AK. I locked & loaded a 30 rd mag & then looked up-stream & saw the coast was not clear as a drift boat was approaching with 3 fish-killers aboard. I contemplated putting "Boris" back in the van...but no, I stood on the bank about 10ft above the waters edge with My trusty black Polymer friend hanging at My side in full evil Black Rifle profile. As they drifted by I contemplated a friendly smile & a "How's the Fishin'" comment...but no...just My best "Steely-Eyed-Defender of Democracy" stare as they floated by barely 30ft from Me. I noticed they had stopped casting & stared back. After They had gotten a hundred yds downstream, I did My first perfectly executed 30rd bump from the hip! It created a 6ft diameter white, frothy hole in the river about 30 ft in front of Me with a 20ft high geyser. I looked out of the corner of My eye towards the boat & saw 3 pair of eyes the size of dinner plates! I was hoping that at least one of them was some Libtard Flat-Lander! I then got in the van & drove away & got back to town just at 5PM & went straight home & not back to the shop. Perfect timing on a Friday afternoon!

The (Wiley) Ol' Crew Chief

Note: The joke was  on Me as I was down-wind & the geyser soaked Me head to toe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top