Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:46:31 PM EDT
About a month ago, I cleaned my XD9, but wanted to give the bottom of the slide a more thorough cleaning when I got more Q-tips.  So I reassembled it, but didn't bother putting down the slide release lever.

So I was at the range and went to dry fire the gun before holstering, and the slide fell off and hit the ground, causing a couple scratches on my otherwise new gun.

Then 2 days later, I saw a clip from Johnny English where Mr. Bean goes to shoot somebody and the slide falls off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
gave two away as gifts
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Watching the guide rod from my Springfield V16 launch itself across the room and into a large window.

Disarming a BG in a crowded bar and getting shot in the arm for my trouble.

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've learned I really should not be drinking beer and cleaning/disassembling firearms.  I drop them, or their little parts.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Lost all mine  in a horrible boating accident  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Halloween prank:

Friend has old, broken playstation that otherwise looks new. Friend and I concoct a plan. I mix up some fake blood and put it in various small containers and hide them on my body in several places. I load my Phoenix 22LR pistol with blanks, (checking, rechecking and checking again to be sure) and give it to my friend.

When we spot a large group of trick-or-treaters coming down the road, I burst out his front door, carrying the playstation, smash it on the driveway and run across the yard. He hops out, fires several shots, I fall down, and splatter blood everywhere.

Scared the literal shit outta everyone in that group.

Stupid I know, but damn that was fun.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Put "idiot scratches" into my $800 1911 the first time I took it apart and reassembled to clean.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Put "idiot scratches" into my $800 1911 the first time I took it apart and reassembled to clean.....

haha yup, got those on mine.

But mines a $300 one :-D
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Halloween prank:

Friend has old, broken playstation that otherwise looks new. Friend and I concoct a plan. I mix up some fake blood and put it in various small containers and hide them on my body in several places. I load my Phoenix 22LR pistol with blanks, (checking, rechecking and checking again to be sure) and give it to my friend.

When we spot a large group of trick-or-treaters coming down the road, I burst out his front door, carrying the playstation, smash it on the driveway and run across the yard. He hops out, fires several shots, I fall down, and splatter blood everywhere.

Did the same thing, except as a drive-by. Friend stood in the back of another guys truck with an AR loaded with blanks, I got off the school bus walking with a group of people, carrying blood packs. Truck drives by and opens up, I start to bust the packets on myself.

I made multiple 17-18 y.o. guys cry in front of other girls. God it was funny.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I was taking apart my 1919 at the range.... now I was new to 1919's so I had only taken it apart once or twice.  I didn't get the rod assembly locked (spring is over the rod assembly.)  When I opened the back plate.... BOIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG.  The entire rod and spring shot into my stomach.  OUCH!  I had a welt there for a few weeks.    Now I make sure the spring is locked properly and make sure I am not standing behind the spring.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I took out the trigger pack to my Ruger 10/22, and dryfired it (without it being in the gun at all).

SPROING!

Took me a couple hours to locate all the parts and put it back together.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Halloween prank:

Did the same thing, except as a drive-by. Friend stood in the back of another guys truck with an AR loaded with blanks, I got off the school bus walking with a group of people, carrying blood packs. Truck drives by and opens up, I start to bust the packets on myself.

Sounds like a good way to get shot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]
On my WASR, you can get the bolt/bolt carrier to lock back if you work it just right. I forgot my magazine one day at the range, so I decided to just load a few directly into the chamber. First couple single shots, no problems. Go to load another one in, the bolt decides it doesn't want to stay locked back anymore. That hurt, alot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Halloween prank:

[hijack]  what's the legallity of doing something like that? [/hijack]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Halloween prank:

You could get nailed for Disorderly Conduct and Disturbing The Peace at the very least.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#16]
sold one I can't now afford to replace.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#17]
melted them down and made them into plowshares

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Halloween prank:

I dunno. It was in the middle of nowwhere. It was really funny, I had told some people when I got off the bus that I had pissed some people off. Then I said I think it's them in that truck(with my friends in it) And I took off running for some woods trying to get away, LOL. Best damn prank.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Halloween prank:

You could get nailed for Disorderly Conduct and Disturbing The Peace at the very least.

Not in the town I lived in growing up. It was nothing to hear gunshots and not think anything of it. Small town Texas. Everyone had guns, most people shot when they felt like it. Nobody ever got hurt. Today, yeah, you'd be going to jail. for a long time. But not at that time, in that place.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Let my roomate shoot my Walther P-22, he tried to SHOVE it into the Kydex holset after the last round and the slide was locked back.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Went to the bathroom at home. Took my 92FS out of the holster and placed it on a stack of towels my mom has there. As I was going to sit (get that image out of your head) I watched my lovely new Beretta slide off the towel and onto the tile floor.  I couldn't move fast enough to catch it. Two gouges in the bottom of the grip, but my mother has yet to noticed the chipped tile piece.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I ain't talkin'.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Popped myself in the face with a mag spring.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Sold my SAR-2 like a complete idiot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#25]
If you've ever broken down an Armalite AR-18 type, you know about the plate with the pin on two springs that the bolt carrier recoils on. While breaking mine down for the first time I read in the manual something like "Be careful when removing the bolt carrier rods as they are under spring pressure and may fly out at speed." I first thought "Freakin' lawyers, how hard could it be?"

That goddamn thing leaves a bruise.

roboman says:

At a college my dad used to teach at a student group did a haunted house every year to raise money for charity. One year one of the "tour guides" was talking to his group outside the house, car rolls up, shotgun comes out, and fires. Tour guide hits the "detantor" for the blood packet and squib on his chest and falls off the porch.
Everybody thought it was real at first and screamed.

As did the two cops in the squad car halfway down the block behind the car with the shotgun.

They wanted to hit them with wayyyy more than Disorderly and Disturbing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I had just started to CCW and I was going to a public restroom.  I was in the stall ready to drop trou, and undid my belt.  The weight of a loaded Beretta 92 is evidently enough to unloop a belt, and my pistol made a quick trip to the bathroom floor.  Made a nice clattering sound, and I got a ding in my new hammer for my trouble.

Fine by me.  Scratched and dinged pistols have CHARACTER
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Held my revolver in the crook of my arm like I saw in a movie for a long distance shot.

Bent arm + .357 magnum + flesh and sweatshirt in gap between cylinder and barrel = burned sweatshirt, third degreee burns, and powder flakes still embeded in the skin......

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I ain't talkin'.

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#29]
waiting for someone to mention "garand thumb"........
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
waiting for someone to mention "garand thumb"........

Haha, i'm part of the swollen thumb club.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#31]
grabbed my saw with bare hands. This was before they put those panty waist heat shields on them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Held my revolver in the crook of my arm like I saw in a movie for a long distance shot.

Bent arm + .357 magnum + flesh and shweatshirt in gap between cylinder and barrel = burned sweatshirt, third degreee burns, and powder flakes still embeded in the skin......

209.200.17.142/images/PICT0227%20(Large)%20(Small).JPG
209.200.17.142/images/PICT0225%20(Medium)%20(Small).JPG

Wow, that is the first time I have seen those "tattoo" marks on a live person.  Usually when I see those you have a small hole in the front and a big hole in the back.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
gave two away as gifts

That IS stupid...I've given 1 away.

Made me feel good.  Well kind of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top