User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well this interesting. Is this really for real?

First off - the whole "hate on deej" had been around for awhile. Why did you wait until now to say something?

Next - I think a lot of people got a bit fed up with what most people view as very basic questions. He seems a capable young man. Why not use GOOGLE for some of this basic stuff? Perhaps encourage him to do so in the future. The web is FULL of info already out there. You dont need to post a new question that has been answered 100 times elsewhere on the web.

Finally - just because he has issues, doesnt really excuse the disruption of the forum. Sure sure - the people who reply are 1/2 at fault. But he does instigate most of the trouble. So I guess the question for the mods and the forum is - just because he has issues - does that excuse his behavior?

And finally finally - I havent had any personal problems with Deej in the past. He has gotten under my skin with a few posts, but I have seen much worse on other forums. Maybe with this post things will change.

Now - whats everyone else excuses for being a jackass? Mine is that my parents didnt teach me how to express my feelings in a postitive way.

Jeez..this is the internet.  "Disrupt the forum?"  I think alot of other people are much more disruptive than Deej ever was.  And if he asks a stupid question, can't you just ignore it and click out of the thread?  
Alot of people came down mercilessly hard on Deej, ALOT.  I liked the kid, could recognize immediately that he had some problems.  He just wanted to fit in.  And I want to know where in the bylaws it's required that you have to own a firearm to belong to this forum.

And last but not least.  At least he was a paying member.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

For reasons unknown to me, this kid worships the ground that I walk on, and wants to emulate me.  I'm kind of a shitbag, so this isn't really a good idea.  He showed a great interest in my gun hobby and wanted to learn more about it, so I introduced him to this site.

Sir, you're a far cry from a 'shitbag'! Your words, and post, disprove that statement.

Thank you for both enlightening us, and for teaching us a valuable lesson!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

First off - the whole "hate on deej" had been around for awhile. Why did you wait until now to say something?

Next - I think a lot of people got a bit fed up with what most people view as very basic questions. He seems a capable young man. Why not use GOOGLE for some of this basic stuff? Perhaps encourage him to do so in the future. The web is FULL of info already out there. You dont need to post a new question that has been answered 100 times elsewhere on the web.

Finally - just because he has issues, doesnt really excuse the disruption of the forum. Sure sure - the people who reply are 1/2 at fault. But he does instigate most of the trouble. So I guess the question for the mods and the forum is - just because he has issues - does that excuse his behavior?

And finally finally - I havent had any personal problems with Deej in the past. He has gotten under my skin with a few posts, but I have seen much worse on other forums. Maybe with this post things will change.

Now - whats everyone else excuses for being a jackass? Mine is that my parents didnt teach me how to express my feelings in a postitive way.

Thank you grand overstater of the obvious.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Never thought of him as a troll either, I hope he comes back.

+1
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And I think most everyones excuse for being is jackass is anonymity. It's easy to be a jackass when noone knows who you are.

Gaz - you are 100% correct:
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I think we all learned an important lesson.  Too bad we learned that lesson at the expense of hurting someone like Deej86.

Mr_Camera_Man, tell Deej to give us another chance.  Maybe now that we know of his problems, we can help him out, while we learn tolerence.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I've always thought Deej kicks ass, and wouldn't have known him to have any time of palsy and/or autism.

Heck he's more put together than many team members I've seen post here over the years.

Deej has been and always will be 110% okay in my book.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#10]

I've seen many of deej86's posts on the Hometown Illinois forums.  He never struck me as being a troll.  In fact, he seemed like a decent kid.

There are quite a few tools and scumbags on this forum (witness the stolen generator thread, 45% of ARFCOM members would buy stolen goods), and deej isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, call me crazy I'd rather be friends with Deej than some uber tactical commando with all kinds of cool FA guns and shit to play with.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I happen to like deej a lot...and NEVER think of him as anything but a fine young man!

HH

+1

He seemed no more whacko than half the rest of the forum members.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Jeez..this is the internet.  "Disrupt the forum?"  I think alot of other people are much more disruptive than Deej ever was.  And if he asks a stupid question, can't you just ignore it and click out of the thread?  
Alot of people came down mercilessly hard on Deej, ALOT.  I liked the kid, could recognize immediately that he had some problems.  He just wanted to fit in.  And I want to know where in the bylaws it's required that you have to own a firearm to belong to this forum.

And last but not least.  At least he was a paying member.  

+1
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Deej, please come back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Thanks. I needed to know that.

I wish he had been upfront with it in the beginning.

Question -

If the young man is autistic, HOW DO YOU THINK HE'S EVEN AWARE OF A PROBLEM HE SHOULD BE "UP FRONT" ABOUT?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
that explains a lot.

thanks

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been here for quite some time. I have no idea why everyone gets all upset about DeeJ.

I think that some people saw his (understandbly) naive posts as being very similar to the kind of trolling that clean_cut would post, under the false guise of pretending to be naive.

If so, it's just one more illustration of how trolls like clean_cut harm the site, not just in wasting time and pissing people off, but by posioning the water for future posters that may be legitimate.

Major +1 on that.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#20]
i had him pegged as a .  i figured the picture and whatnot was just a front for being a general pain in the ass.

however, in light of new evidence, this particular sonofabitch will give him a pass if he comes back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
i had him pegged as a .  i figured the picture and whatnot was just a front for being a general pain in the ass.

however, in light of new evidence, this particular sonofabitch will give him a pass if he comes back.

+1  I jumped on the bandwagon and shouldn't have.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I have never had any issues whatsoever with Deej, have had several good sidebar conversations with him, and have appreciated his humor.  How, over the last several weeks, Deej has somehow been moved to troll status by some of you is well, a mystery.  But, not a surprise.

I've been here a looong time folks, and I sure have seen y'all run some folks off.  Ya know what's funny, though?  The main runner-offers are the "been here a year and I have 250,000 posts and I am the heart and soul of Arfcom dammit" types.  It's kinda funny.

I hope you come back, Deej, you are MORE than welcome on MY Arfcom!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#23]
while we are cutting him some slack, perhaps you can mentor him a bit in the ways of posting. to show my commitment to welcoming him back into the fold... i would like to treat him to a trip vegas to play some blackjack.  

edited to add:

we should ask ourselves "just what is trolling?"  i would much rather have a guy like deej asking mundane questions he should have googled then have some clown spout authoratatively about something he knows obviously nothing about. THAT is whats truly choking the site. not guys like deej asking "what gun did pacino have in HEAT"
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Never thought of him as a troll. Asking such basic questions about firearms made me a little curious at times but he seemed like a good kid. I think if we had known this in the first place we would have given him quite a bit more slack at times.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I've always liked Deej. I'm surprised he stuck around this long as poorly as he's been treated by some.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#26]
He is posting over at ar15armory.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Thanks. I needed to know that.

I wish he had been upfront with it in the beginning.

+1. I don't remember if I've said anything bad about him,but I guess he might. Sorry fella.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

People like you are the reason Deej asked to get his account locked,
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the explanation--but it's all moot now.  A few hours ago he sent me an IM asking me to lock his account.  He said, "I don't belong here."  

[snip]

I would guess he has been turned away from "gun people" forever.  

Dang it.   That is so wrong.    People yell out troll way too damn often here.

Another example:
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=439245

This person did not deserve the "shit" that was launched towards them in this thread, just because everyone here is do damn happy to yell out "troll!"

So.......is that a woman?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Glad I opened this thread. I usually ignore this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yeah, call me crazy I'd rather be friends with Deej than some uber tactical commando with all kinds of cool FA guns and shit to play with.  

You are such a "John Kerry"

Do you remember this thread a little while ago ?

Your instant reply was calling an April 2002 low post count Member a "Troll".  What an "Insert insult here"
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I never though that he was a troll either.

I'm now kinda pissed at myself for not defending him, when he was being......I guess..."shit" on by other members.

The kid ALWAYS seemed upfront and posted (what I thought was) honestly.

I though he was a kid being a kid.   <------Same as I did at that age.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I've always liked Deej. I'm surprised he stuck around this long as poorly as he's been treated by some.

+1

eta: I did always wonder why he never owned a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
He is posting over at ar15armory.

got a link?

ETA: I thought he was a nice guy, i talked to him a couple times on chat. I won't lie though, i had a little fun poking him to shave his mustache. He said he did, but I don't know if he really did. I feel kind of bad about it though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Haven't been around much lately.

Not surprised by what I hear though, folks running deej out of town.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#36]
That helps, and good luck getting him to the range.  I'm sure he would enjoy it, as would you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been here for quite some time. I have no idea why everyone gets all upset about DeeJ.

I think that some people saw his (understandbly) naive posts as being very similar to the kind of trolling that clean_cut would post, under the false guise of pretending to be naive.

If so, it's just one more illustration of how trolls like clean_cut harm the site, not just in wasting time and pissing people off, but by posioning the water for future posters that may be legitimate.

+1

I took him for a Troll and I'm glad to have the new info. about him
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the explanation--but it's all moot now.  A few hours ago he sent me an IM asking me to lock his account.  He said, "I don't belong here."  

[snip]

I would guess he has been turned away from "gun people" forever.  

Dang it.   That is so wrong.    People yell out troll way too damn often here.

Another example:
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=439245

This person did not deserve the "shit" that was launched towards them in this thread, just because everyone here is do damn happy to yell out "troll!"

So.......is that a woman?

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#39]
This is a somewhat macho playground where people can be goaded into defending themselves when it's simply not necessary.  Some can ignore taunts and stupid accusations and others can't.  Sometimes name-calling is amusing (if it's original)...but not often.  I imagine to a younger person this is more confusing and to someone with a perfect memory it's torture.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your instant reply was calling an April 2002 low post count Member a "Troll".  What an "Insert insult here"

Actually I apologized for that.  Talk about holding grudges.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Whoa....and EdAvilaSr sighting.

Can Big Foot be next??

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#42]
El Chupacabra has been spotted in recent days in the AR HTF.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I never viewed deej as a troll, he's always seemed like a regular joe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Deej is a fine young man and is welcome here as much as any other present or future member of these forums.

We all need to step back and look at ourselves sometimes and not be too quick to judge others.

We are all different, we need to stick together and enjoy what we all have in common. We could all stand to learn something from someone who has never shown anything but kindness to all members here like deej has.

I have never thought of him as a troll and I am ashamed of the way he has been treated here.

I hope he will return.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#45]
He posted at FieroLoki's site this morning that he was done here.  That was this morning.  I didn't ask about it.

Maybe he will change his mind.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I apologized for that.  Talk about holding grudges.  

Thank you ! I must admit you did hurt my feelings slightly. I was in a real good mood that night after cleaning all that crap up. I was just trying to spread the wealth and you shot me down in flames. Then of course I read this thread. and I had to put in my two cents and hijack the thread.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
El Chupacabra has been spotted in recent days in the AR HTF.

'

You guys need a homeroom monitor again, Dusty?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Cowboy's off smokin something
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

People like you are the reason Deej asked to get his account locked,

ME? Im caramel coated ice cream compared to most people.

Besides - I think I had valid questions.

And I was willing to admit to my own jackassery.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top