Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:27:13 AM EDT
Just bought a pair of Chippewa engineer boots from Stomper.com ($132 shipped)

What is the purpose of the straps? I can kinda see one for the top one but the bottom strap??
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:35:06 AM EDT
It's so will recognize you when discretion is necessary. If you wink, he knows you're interested.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:36:14 AM EDT
Supposed to move the heel of the foot back into the heel of the boot so it does not wear a hole in your foot when you walk, reduces chafing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:37:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:
Supposed to move the heel of the foot back into the heel of the boot so it does not wear a hole in your foot when you walk, reduces chafing.

'zackly. I need another pair. The Wal-Mart boots are less than waterproof, not necessarily a good thing on a long motorcycle ride.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:38:34 AM EDT
I'm an Engineer, but I've never actually seen any Engineer wear those boots.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:38:53 AM EDT
I'm an engineer. The extra foot protection would be nice, in case...uh...you know....a computer fell over or somthing. But I think I will stick so simple shoes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:42:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MonkeyGrip:

Me too.

I don't wear those but I have been known to wear Red Wings.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:14:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gopher:
Just bought a pair of Chippewa engineer boots from Stomper.com ($132 shipped)
www.stompersboots.com/fots_chippewa/chiplug6.jpg

What is the purpose of the straps? I can kinda see one for the top one but the bottom strap??

I have been looking for a pair of high quality but inexpensive engineer boots. I might have to check out Stomper.com. Sportsman's Guide did have them cheap but they sold out. I outgrew my old pair of engineer boots (I seem to have gone from a size 12 to a 13 the past few years).

Someone once told me the strap is what your slave's leash goes through (yes, he was serious).
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:15:12 PM EDT
My boots/shoes HAVE to be lace ups.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:15:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MonkeyGrip:

A Train Engineer?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:22:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By skpp108:
It's so will recognize you when discretion is necessary. If you wink, he knows you're interested.

For Pete's sake, just don't have a purple handkerchief in your left rear pants pocket while wearing them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:25:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:04:13 PM EDT
I have to wear steel toe boots at work and having to go in and out of peoples houses a slip on boot is a must. I don't like my boss yelling at me when customers send him a bill for cleaning carpets. I have a pair of Bates side zips but they have zero arch support in them. These are the most comfortable boots I've had to climb or do ladder work in since I wore a pair of Westcoast back in my lineman days. Great arch support and the tall heel won't slip on a ladder. God forbid I have to put my hooks on but now I have a pair of boots that I could if I had to.

I didn't buy them to make a fashion statement. Hanging 250 pounds of old man off of a pole step or a ladder I need all the support I can get.
Top Top