Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:21:50 PM EDT
I just saw this on my local news.  I'm not sure where it was bet I think it was out east.  Woman principal said she was afraid feelings were been hurt.  It's no wonder this country is full of bleeding heart libs,  We are training them young!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
wtf.
need linkage.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
GEEZ.

That is sad.

I'm so glad I'm not growing up in todays world.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I read "tag" as something else... was expecting something completely different...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was lame when schools started banning dodgeball.

But banning... TAG??

- BG
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Good cause when I'm 95 I'll still be able to beat up the pussified excuses for men that these schools will turn out and steal thier girlfriends.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Why no put a ban on recess and PE, and replace it with lets all sit in a circle and complimant each other, cause life is fair and you will always get your way all the time.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#7]
tag....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]
yep you heard it here first, you can't post 'tag' on theese boards anymore, at least not from that elementary school!

But on a side note, I guess theese kids need to only be able to play sports everyone can be a winner in, and people thought I was loony when I started complaining when in some places they wouldn't keep score in baseball games for little kids, so nobody would lose. I knew it was only going to be the tip of the iceberg.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Spokane, WA, saw it on the 10:00 news! Fucking moonbat hippie liberal cum gurgling asshats!  It's tag for fuck's sake!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
here is a link. I went to yahoo and did a search, let's just say it isn't just one school.  There's a bunch of them.  What are these kids gonna do when they get to the real world and find out that sometimes life isn't fair?

http://www.apfn.net/home_school35.htm
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
here is a link. I went to yahoo and did a search, let's just say it isn't just one school.  There's a bunch of them.  What are these kids gonna do when they get to the real world and find out that sometimes life isn't fair?

http://www.apfn.net/home_school35.htm

Why...grab an illegal baby-killing gun and shoot up the office, that's what. >gasp<

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#14]
What do elementary school kids need with foo foo body spray anyway?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
no more tag in schools

but I'm TAGGING THIS THREAD.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Do they still allow Duck Duck Goose??
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Dodge ball is much more fun when played with basketballs.  

It's an absolute RIOT when played with bowling balls!

www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb041.gif
www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb017.gif

Tag....I always preferred the "bow and arrow tag" version.   Much more invigorating.

CJ

Hey when I was in gym class and on the days where we were supposed to make up our own game (some 'creativity' type thing or 'I dunno what to have you do, you make something up day' I always made up basketball dodgeball (taken from dodgeball basketball, same game just using basketballs))
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Pretty soon they'll ban football, baseball and basketball...and track.

Can't have any winners and losers...everybody's a winner!

HH
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

HH

OH NOES!!! THEY CAN'T BAN FOOTBALL!! Then there won't be anymore football players for the best football team in the nation...
THE HUSKERS!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#21]
The only thing that happened in my school, even close to this nonsense. was when in HS the PE teacher would pick teams out of a hat, instead of the old way of having two student "captains" pick.

Call me a foo foo sissy lala if you want but I could support this.

And no I was never picked last.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#22]
The only thing my HS ever did was ban dodgeball.  I'm sure it didn't help that nobody called it dodgeball, and used murderball instead, but still.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Man I remember playing kill the man with the ball and dodgeball with the basketballs.

What a bunch of sissies. When I have a kid Im going to play kill the man with the ball with him and I'll play rough, show the kid not to be a wimp.

I remember getting kicked in the face trying to kill the man with the ball, I didnt cry like a bitch, I tackled him and punched him in the face. Then took the ball and ran! Those were the days.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard that earlier tonight.  ALSO HEARD THAT IN NEW JERSEY THEY RENAMED TUG OF WAR . . . IT IS NOW "TUG OF PEACE"  swear to God I'm not making that up.  

ETA  Also heard a while ago that a kid was suspended from school (this is Elementary school) because he and another kid were playing . . .either cops and robbers or cowboys and indians  . . . and the kid made his hand into the shape of a gun, you know what i'm talking about, and was going bang bang    bang bang.  

It's sad.  This country deserves what it gets.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Anybody play "Smear the Queer" ?

Probably not gonna see that one any more either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball".

Tag....I always preferred the "bow and arrow tag" version.   Much more invigorating.

CJ

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Woman principal said she was afraid feelings were been hurt.  

Woman in a position of authority.  Decision based on emotion rather than logic.  pfffffft.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball".

CJ

I never played Dodge the Wench in HS. Spent too much trying to find them for that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#29]
This generation will make a great set of wheel chair speed bumps when I'm old. I look forward to running the pampered generation down in 20-30 years.

My wife and I saw this on our local news as well. The wife looked at me and said " I can't wait to see the suicide rate when these kids reach adulthood and have to face the real world. I'm glad we don't raise our kids that way."

She's right. They're being set up to fail. when the real world hits and kumbya time is over, they'll all be lost. No more try harder to get better, just Ok you suck but you'll be rewarded anyway. No reason to try. Don't worry, rewards will drop in your lap. Don't bother breaking a sweat or trying. You're just as good as everyone else.

Not my kids. They'll work for everything. Period.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#30]
We used to pull out the pocket knives and play "stretch" in school. Bet a kid would get permanently dispelled for bringing a little pocket knife to school now days
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Do they still allow Duck Duck Goose??

No, that is clearly a game of exclusion and classism, where the "goose" represents the minorities, and he is singled out and oppressed by the white man.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Do any of these morons realize that while we're teaching kids about feelings, and protecting them from getting theirs hurt, Islamic kids are being trained on AK's and explosive belts and are being taught to hate us?

Most 18 year olds today reach basic training never having held a firearm, much less an EBR.  What will these kids do when they're faced with Ali's kid with his AK and bomb belt?

We're not only setting them up to fail, we're setting them up to get killed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I bet d**j## attends that elementary school.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#34]
when I was in elementary they actually cut people from the little league baseball team.

you're it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#35]
reading the title, i thought you meant TAG-the body spray...lol.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

OH NOES!!! THEY CAN'T BAN FOOTBALL!! Then there won't be anymore football players for the best football team in the nation...
THE HUSKERS!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top