BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If I see one more tattooed freak with a TV show, I'm gonna shit a turkey.

I'd like to see that
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The shows gotta be the DUMBEST idea ever......

No...that would have to be GROWING UP GOTTI.

Ah, but Victoria has better hair than Dog.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I saw Dog and his chronies coming at me at a full blitz, I'd grab my acid washed jean jacket with the Metallica patch on the back, whip out my iridium Oakley Blades, jump in my Iroc, blast some Dio, and get outta Dodge ASAP!

But roll up your windows first so you don't disturb your mullet...

bro, that's the beauty of the mullet....no need to roll up the windows....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I know:

1)Dog does have a charge from a long time ago, he was also arrested in Mexico.  He's been not allowed to bounty hunt in several states(I posted a similar Dog the bounty hunter topic in team a while back) including CO, AZ, and NM, and Hawaii is IIRC the only state he can work in.

2)He cannot CCW because of his former felon status.  I think the average person can't even carry in HI either.

It seems really foolish for me in my opinion to be a bounty hunter if you do not or cannot carry a gun.  So instead of carrying a gun, he carries a "party can" of mace.  What would you do if someone drew a can of mace in your face and you were carrying?  

I hate to sound really stupid saying this, but this asshat is going to end up dead, or at least drawn down upon on national cable television.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#5]
One more thing:

Dog seems to lose a lot of credibillity in my book due to his actions.  This is a man who will pray before they go out to catch someone, and then after they're done, he'll say "Let's go get this fucker" or something like that.  

Also I seem to remember an episode where he was smoking and threw a lit one out the window of the truck he was riding in.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:

he is brave enough to go after dangerous fugitives knowing he can not carry a gun.

It would however, be funnier than shit to see him and his crew get thier salad tossed....

Ummmm......do you...know what it....means to have your salad tossed?
I REALLY don't think you want to see that.  
Dang fella.......
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

he is brave enough to go after dangerous fugitives knowing he can not carry a gun.

It would however, be funnier than shit to see him and his crew get thier salad tossed....

Ummmm......do you...know what it....means to have your salad tossed?
I REALLY don't think you want to see that.  
Dang fella.......

No, definately not.

[Indigo Montoya] I do not think that word means what you think it means [Indigo Montoya]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
From what I know:

1)Dog does have a charge from a long time ago, he was also arrested in Mexico.  He's been not allowed to bounty hunt in several states(I posted a similar Dog the bounty hunter topic in team a while back) including CO, AZ, and NM, and Hawaii is IIRC the only state he can work in.

2)He cannot CCW because of his former felon status.  I think the average person can't even carry in HI either.

It seems really foolish for me in my opinion to be a bounty hunter if you do not or cannot carry a gun.  So instead of carrying a gun, he carries a "party can" of mace.  What would you do if someone drew a can of mace in your face and you were carrying?  

I hate to sound really stupid saying this, but this asshat is going to end up dead, or at least drawn down upon on national cable television.  

Thats quite odd, they show him in Colorado working all the time
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
double tap to the head
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From what I know:

Thats quite odd, they show him in Colorado working all the time

I'm having a hard time believing this...I would think he would be killed or hospitalized in no time.  Unless he's strictly in Denver and even then it seems horribly risky for such a chowderhead to be doing the dumb shit he does.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm bound to get a bunch of shit for this, but I made a cameo appearance on his show about six months ago.    Yeah, laugh it up.  At least I don't play what he calls a "fugitive".  I'm not going to say which episode without some proding.

I live in basically the same area of the island as dog and his piss-poor posse.  I see them EVERYWHERE I go.  The supermarket, restaurants, the mall, on the road...  In a sea of dark haired polynesians and asians, two huge blond afros wearing leather tend to stand out.  And they have the personality (or lack of) switched on all the time - cameras or not.  It truly is a spectacle.

People here are tired of it.  The legislature recently introduced a bill that would bar a convicted felon from bounty hunting in Hawaii.  Who do you think this is directed towards?  

starbulletin.com/2006/02/11/news/story09.html

‘Dog’ Chapman testifies against bounty hunter bill
By Tara Godvin
Associated Press
Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of the TV reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," testified against a bill that would tighten state regulations on bounty hunters in Hawaii -- including a ban on felons from the profession.

Chapman said Thursday that Hawaii does need to follow the example of other states, including Colorado, that require training and identification of their bounty hunters.

"You know you just can't wake up one day and say, 'I want to be a bounty hunter,'" said Chapman, whose show boasts 6 million viewers and the top-rated spot on its cable channel, A&E.

Of the 7,000 e-mails the show receives each week, about half profess ambitions to join the trade, he said.

But there are many things a bounty hunter needs to know to do the job right, including the requirement to first catch sight of a suspect before entering a home to seize him, he said.

Still, Chapman said the bill before lawmakers has too many restrictions and needs to be killed and then rewritten from scratch to work.

As Chapman spoke, several people in the back of the room waved signs urging lawmakers to vote "No." About 20 pieces of written testimony in opposition to the bill also arrived at the Capitol from around the country.

According to the bill, current state law allows "career criminals" to legally break down doors searching for their quarry. That abuse of power is common in the United States, "and, while it might make for commercially successful television entertainment, it has no place in the orderly administration of our bail laws," it said.

Chapman was convicted of murder in 1977 but was released two years later. His longtime companion and business partner, Beth Smith, said Chapman received a clemency pardon for the crime.

Stopping anyone convicted of a felony from becoming a bounty hunter is unfair after that person has served time and stayed out of trouble, he said.

"I believe (after) 10 or 15 years -- when you know you've not had any trouble, you've not had any felonies after that, that you're kind of either rehabilitated or healed -- that you can be a normal person," he said.

The law, however, should bar a bail bond agent from carrying a gun, he said.

"We use mace that can drop an elephant. ... When you need someone, a bullet, call the cops," he said.

Charles Fisher, another local bail agent, testified Thursday that while he supports the bill, it did need revisions, including dropping the limit on felons.

Chapman said he helped craft Colorado's law and offered to help lawmakers put together Hawaii's law.

The measure was deferred by the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday, to give members more time to sift through and revise the bill.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
(Uh, I don't watch much TV...)

Anyway, I can't believe he and his sidekicks haven't been shot yet. If a bunch of guys that skanky-looking piled out of a car and ran towards you yelling for you to put your hands up, how would you react?

The thing is - the people hes going after KNOW who he is - KNOW Dog & Co are the only reason they are not in jail, and KNOW that at some point, they will be coming for them.

So I dont think too many of them want to really draw down.  And I am guessing most of the people they bail out arent THAT hard core. I dont think I have ever seen a gun on that show.

And as far as piling out of  a car, etc, it no different than any other bounty hunters (other than they might have guns rather than MACE - but Dog is an ex-felon).

As I said before. I think he is super cheesy. But I think hes a decent guy. He came beck from being a total worthless POS to a person who is a productive member of society.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I see one more tattooed freak with a TV show, I'm gonna shit a turkey.

I'd like to see that

Yep, Sounds like good TV to me......
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That walking episode of Jerry Springer is a fucking disgrace to professional fugitive investigators.

Roger that!!!  I don't know who is worse, his side kicks or his trailer trash wife!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:17:57 AM EDT
[#15]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "fugitives" Dog goes after are hardly considered dangerous.

I watch his show...my kids think it's hilarious. But I will say if his character is what he makes it appear (personality, doing right by people - not the visual image), I do respect him for it.

What planet do you live on? In the real world that we call earth ANYONE can pull a gun on you, and a random bullet in the head kills you just as dead as an aimed bullet in the head. 75% + of the fugitives he goes after, are tweakers. Tweakers are dangerous. Go back and play in your bird, that way you might not open your mouth again and embarass yourself.

Dusty....being a Flt Eng was something I did almost 20 yrs ago. I've done other things since then.

I stand by my statement that Dog's fugitives are hardly dangerous.

Why don't you go back to putting pretty little pictures all over your skin and marrying psycho women...and posting about it on arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:25:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
The Mexican Federales could have/should have put him away fro a long time over his antics there

I believe he "kidnapped" a Mexican who was wanted stateside - or somehtig like that

--the guy is a Fv<king joke. More train-wreck TV
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#18]
i wouldn't mind titty-fucking his girlfriend...as long as no one i knew saw me...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The shows gotta be the DUMBEST idea ever......

No...that would have to be GROWING UP GOTTI.

+1

What would be funny is if the Dog did a show wher he had to track down and apprehend the Gotti punks...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#20]
A BIG ASS CAN of mace, in a tactical thigh holster?

I think its really tactical HAIRSPRAY !
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A BIG ASS CAN of mace, in a tactical thigh holster?

I think its really tactical HAIRSPRAY !

My girlfriend asked, "what's in those cans?"

"Aquanet baby.. The ultra-hold"
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm bound to get a bunch of shit for this, but I made a cameo appearance on his show about six months ago.    Yeah, laugh it up.  At least I don't play what he calls a "fugitive".  I'm not going to say which episode without some proding.

I live in basically the same area of the island as dog and his piss-poor posse.  I see them EVERYWHERE I go.  The supermarket, restaurants, the mall, on the road...  In a sea of dark haired polynesians and asians, two huge blond afros wearing leather tend to stand out.  And they have the personality (or lack of) switched on all the time - cameras or not.  It truly is a spectacle.

People here are tired of it.  The legislature recently introduced a bill that would bar a convicted felon from bounty hunting in Hawaii.  Who do you think this is directed towards?  

Ok I will bite, which episode were you on, were you an informant?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#23]
LOL

I watch the show every now and then but in all honesty I think he'll get shot one day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#24]

The "fugitives" Dog goes after are hardly considered dangerous.

I watch his show...my kids think it's hilarious. But I will say if his character is what he makes it appear (personality, doing right by people - not the visual image), I do respect him for it.

What planet do you live on? In the real world that we call earth ANYONE can pull a gun on you, and a random bullet in the head kills you just as dead as an aimed bullet in the head. 75% + of the fugitives he goes after, are tweakers. Tweakers are dangerous. Go back and play in your bird, that way you might not open your mouth again and embarass yourself.

Dusty....being a Flt Eng was something I did almost 20 yrs ago. I've done other things since then.

I stand by my statement that Dog's fugitives are hardly dangerous.

Why don't you go back to putting pretty little pictures all over your skin and marrying psycho women...and posting about it on arfcom.

If you don't think dopers are dangerous then you do not have the intellect needed to carry on a decent conversation much less debate.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Knowing more about Duane Chapman further reinforces my earlier belief that he and his posse of clowns are inept idiots that rudely intimidate and bully otherwise uninformed and uneducated people.

I've said before and I'll say again, that if Dog and is posse showed up at my place all rude, he'd be lucky not to meet my little friend.

And if he forced his way inside, we'd be putting dogs down left and right.

John
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think its pretty discusting to make fun of the mans wife based on looks.

This concept doesn't bother me in the least.

That's because you're shallow.

ummm, i thought that was a criteria for posting here???
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top