Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Geez, let it go!

You have a living  sister that has gotten clean and sober.  She has given you 2 nephews and has turned her life around.  Why don't you spend your time and effort getting to reknow your sister.  Take her and her family shooting.  Spend time with them because it will fly by in the blink of an eye and then they're gone.  A damn gun you can get anytime!

Just my humble opinion!

So its ok to be a theiving druggie....As long as their family and go clean?
Gotchya.

So you're telling me you never did anything stupid when you were young?  Your parents must have been so proud to have the perfect child!  Any body can change, if they want to!  I prefer to give family a second chance, until they give me reason not to!  But that's just me!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I would carp and bitch at her continiously until she breaks and goes back to her old habits.

No, My brother got addicted to Meth and stole and sold many of my belongings including a Mossberg Shotgun. I was pissed, But I helped him get off of Meth and clean up his life. I may not have that old shotgun, but I do have my brother back and we spend alot of time shooting together.
It is better to let the old wounds heal. I could give a shit about that old shotgun. I would rather have my brother clean any day JMO
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just my opinion - worth what you paid for it.   Plus, I wouldn't piss on my brother if he was on fire, so I'm not the right person to dispense advice for sibling relationships anyway.  

I agree with all the "Let it go" posters.

I just had to clip this from DK-Prof.  I thought I was the only person in the world with such a sibling.  It pains me that I share a blood bond with such a POS who isn't worth the piss of a mule.

Geoff
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Be happy that she has taken a better path and congratulate her often.  Many never learn and live a tortured life with no hope of recovery.  Not having this Ruger pistol is a tiny dot in the grand scheme of things.  Take her kids shooting and tell them stories about their Great Grandpa.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Long story as short as I can make it.

When my sister was 15-18 she got into older boys, drugs and alcohol.  Not just pot,  but coke and so forth.  Her problems deeply affected my family and she got booted from school and quit all her other activites she was good at (dance, volleyball).  My parents really tried to help with rehab and counseling, but to no good.  She would come home and yell at us, steal stuff and then be gone for another week at at time.  

My grandpa died in 84, and around 98 or so when my sister was deeply involved with drugs she stole and pawned/sold a pistol he passed onto me.  It was a Ruger MKII.  Just a simple blued, 4 inch barrel'd .22.  As with all guns passed on from parents/grandparents,  it was priceless to me.  To this day I have the magazine still (she didn't steal it) and it's still part of my collection of odds and ends gun related.  

Fast forward, she's 25 now, has 2 kids, works at a montesorri school.  Doesn't make a lot of money, but gets one hell of a tax return.  I'm talking she makes 20 grand and gets 5 grand back.  She's clean now and her and her boyfriend take care of the kids pretty well.  He doesn't make much either (truck driver).  At some point in my life I would like her to buy me back that said pistol in the same model/caliber.  Since I believe they don't make the mkII's anymore I thought that I would hint at her to spot me the required amount to get a used one off gunbroker or a local shop if I could find one.  I'm not short on cash, but it's the principle that counts.

Is this too much to ask?  

you are a bigger man than that, and besides, you can't take it with you.  If I were your sister, first I'd play with my titties, cause I 've always wondered what it would be like tohave some, but after I did that I would wonder if  our relationship consisted of some old gun.  I'd wonder why you just came around at tax return time.  Just get over it and focus on living your live.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gotchya.

So you're telling me you never did anything stupid when you were young?  Your parents must have been so proud to have the perfect child!...

Quoted:
I absolutely despise drug addicts.  If you're smart, I would limit my contact with her as much as possible, and certainly avoid her home.  The last thing you need is to lose your gun rights because of a 'domestic violence' charge when you get into an argument with her boyfriend over the gun, or you're there while her boyfriend is cooking up some meth in the basement.  There is no sense in letting her fuck up your life.  Good luck.  

you know shit about shit it must be great living in your world where everyone is perfect, you never did anything wrong that you regret never drank, never smoked any pot addiction is a disease not something that you go out and choose.   hay i think that i am going to be a coke addict today that sounds fun . get over yourselves. she turned her life around and i for one commend her for that. put yourself in her world for one minute and you wouldn't be so quick to judge. the only difference between you and her is that she has an addictive personality, and you're just an at least she is in recovery for her problem

theiving   nice spelling i think the word you are looking for is thieving, remeber I before E except after C
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Gotchya.

Wow.  Grow up, dude.  People change.  That's life.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Gotchya.

I have to agree that everyone deserves a second chance. And family deserves many more than that. I think a wise man once said to forgive your brother 70x7 times.

It takes an idiot to start drugs.

It doesnt take much to become addicted.

And it  takes a lot of moxie to get clean.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Geez man, let it go. It's probably this petty atitiude of yours that started her on the drugs in the first place.   I know I feel like I need a drink, and all I did was read this cry baby post.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Petty

Let her continue on with her new life as a responsible, drug free provider for her kids and don't stir up shit!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top