BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Correct, ever since they started being made here.
There is still a difference between an American made Japanese car and one still made in Japan.

Which is why I usually recommend the Lexus ES300 rather than the Camry so you'll know you'll get one made in Japan.  With the much higher resale of the Lexus, it will not cost much more money for a much nicer car.z

They still have jap made Toyotas but you have to look at the VIN to be sure before you buy.
Some are still jap only...4runner, rav4, land cruiser.........
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

However, I wouldnt touch Mazda now because they are now a Ford company, and since their purchase by Ford their reliability rates have dropped like a stone.

Ford owns 33% of Mazda which gives them 3 seats on the board of directors. They don't have control over Mazda's plants.  

3 guesses on who represents Ford.

2004 Board of Directors
Kazuhide Watanabe- Representative Director and Chairman of the Board
Hisakazu Imaki - Representative Director
John G. Parker - Representative Director
Gideon Wolthers - Representative Director
Daniel T. Morris - Director
Mutsumi Fujiwara - Director
Takashi Yamanouchi - Director
Ryoichi Hasegawa - Director
Kiyoshi Ozaki - Director
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Id go with an accord.  Got 215,000 miles on mine still runnin strong.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Buick Lucern or Lacrosse.  I would still probaly stick with a GM vehicle where I live because I have factors which don't match with average cost of ownership.  Where I live the car theft rate is 4 times the national average, as is the vandalism rate, and the uninsured driver rate.  When my car is hit it is cheaper to fix if it's American.  I also drive 4-5k miles a year so to hit even 100,000 miles take me 20 years.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BMW 3 series.

+1 If you can afford it, get a BMW mid-size sedan. The 3 and 5 series from the past several years have been outstanding and BMW has gotten producing them down to a science. They are more $$$ than the Camry or Accord however so it may not be an option.  My daily driver is a 2002 530i and it is an outstanding vehicle.

I liked the new Camry, it drives quite well for a car in that price range. I drove one for a few days as a rental while on a trip and it was nice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Way to support asia.

or american workers who make most of the 'asian' cars today.

Rather support them than bloated unions who donate millions of dollars to democrats who want to take away the 2nd amendment.

I think what  you are trying to say is that Asia employes american worker so americans can think  they are supporting america.  I wonder where the profits are  going.

Where do the profits go? To the stock holder's of the corporation - duh!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top