Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:44:28 PM EDT
Part of their sentance was to attend a Scared Straight program......tour a MAX prison which includes eating a meal in the messhall where I work as a CO.  I get in a group about once a week.

The groups age ran from 12-17....boys and girls. I have a group of 8 (intimidateing) inmates which I have serve them. Facial scars, tatoos, jacked.......and most of all loud. They get a no holds barred verbal beatdown(which would make Gunny proud)..... to see who will breakdown first, no physical contact is allowed. (obviously) Its always the same, they come in smirking and acting like punks....only to leave shitting bricks.

I hope it has a positive effect as they will be in for a world of hurt if they come here for real.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
This sounds rather interesting. Care to tell a few of your more entertaining stories from a day on the job?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
was it anything like the jail tour on reno 911?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
was it anything like the jail tour on reno 911?

I'd forgotten about that one!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Care to tell a few of your more entertaining stories from a day on the job?

+1...i bet a max prision is 'interesting' to say the least.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If it stops just one kid re-offending it's gotta be worth it surely?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I always thought the scared straight program was a good idea....unfortunately, many kids (12-17) in gangs seem to already have lost the fear factor of going to jail... cause in the gang mindset they would meet even "greater" people in prison.....or fellow members of their gangs to protect them.

I blame it on the "gangsta" wannabee mentality. It's all bling and weed in their eyes.

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
i went to one when i was 12.  it wasn't very fun.

"YOU LITTLE BITCHES THINK I NEED WEAPONS IN HERE???  FUCK NO!  I'LL BASH YOUR FUCKING HEAD INTO THEM BARS.  

...and i got a good memory.  i BETTER NOT see any of y'all back up in this place again."

actually, what did it for me more than the threat of violence was the story about other inmates spanking it all night, and then cooking your breakfast without washing their hands
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember one of MTV's Scared Straight shows, it was hilarious, this little punk kid (~14) was made by some multi-life-sentance murderer to grab the murderer's back pocket and follow him around whereever he walked in the room while he yelled at the rest of the kids.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Special watch is where you will see some of the crazyest shit ever. One guy had something stuffed up the ole brown eye (drugs) during a strip frisk. When he goes #2 you notify Sgt ect.... Well this inmate digs baggy out of feces, urinates on it to wash it off, and proceeds to swallow it.

Needless to say he stayed on special watch till he gave it up.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I once sat on a teen court jury in highschool. I was in dual-enrollment law classes at the local college and we went to the local courthouse and did what was call 'teen court' where our instructor was the judge, some classmates were lawyers, and I sat on the jury. It was mostly for kids who stole shit or had drugs. Gave them lighter sentences, but we would give them jail tours as add on punishment. Good to hear it works.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#11]
We did something like that, not as a scared straight program, but through our law studies class in high school.*  One of the inmates told a classmate of mine that he liked redheads, and that if he ever came to prison, he was "going to be his bitch."  He also told a lot of the females that they were so pretty that the female inmates "would kill to get a piece of you."

*This is what happens when you let football coaches teach real classes.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#12]
You do more for the youth of this country than many "educators"
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
God bless you, smoken44!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Heh, law studies...dont even get me started. I switched to dual enrolled law classes because law studies was retarded.

Im a freshman in college now, but a year ago i had just started law studies.

Day 1: Teacher passes around a zip gun, and various knives taken from inmates. Then passes out pictures of close range shot gun blasts to the head. Told us we'd get to go to the gun range and shoot some guns, and that she had a "sniper rifle" only she could shoot. Bragged she had guns we couldnt shoot etc. Which was hilarous to me, as the week prior I purchased a preban PolyTech AKM.

At this point i'm not sure what to make of this lady. Admits to not caring her husband died. Keeps gun's and knives in her desk/room. Has a picture of a Nazi on her wall, who she met in the 70's.

Day 2: She starts class holding up a newspaper, and reads off "Assault weapons ban ended 3 months ago, AK47's and Uzi's now legal" Puts paper down and says "Who needs an AK47 to hunt? What kind of person hunts with an AK47? Only bad people have AK47's!....err yes Nathan?"

Me:"Can I go see my guidance counselor?"
Teacher:Why?
Me: I own an AK47.
*other students murmur*
Teacher: Are you saying you want out of my class?
Me: Yes, I feel our views clash. Can I have a pass now?

Teacher was a fucking hypocrit POS

ETA: I should have brought in a picture, I think she would have cried.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
 Good job !!

It should be mandatory as part of the diploma.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#16]
The inmates that participate probably see a little bit of themselves in everyone of the kids that come through. They really dont want them to repeat the same mistakes that they made.

Prison life is all about domination.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Too Bad they don't make the little Asshat's bring there parents with them.....  

I sure hope it helps get them back on track....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tour a MAX prison which includes eating a meal in the messhall where I work as a CO.  I get in a group about once a week.

That's the part that scares me, I assume the inmates prepare the food....

Yep...... Had beef stew and biscuts that day. The place goes off the hook when they serve chicken legs and rice. Everybody shows up for that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Do the inmates you have participating in this get some reward for their community service?

NTM
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do the inmates you have participating in this get some reward for their community service?

NTM

Not really.....most are serving 25 to life. However it does go into their file. Might get them moved to an honor block which allows for more privilages. Most do it for personal gratifacation......
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#22]
So smoken44, what are you in for?

You guys didn't think that he was a guard there, did you?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So smoken44, what are you in for?

Job security, benefits, $$$........besides ARF is on the banned list...... wouldn't let me post from prison.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Even eating a meal there is gross.  Don't all the inmates (cooks and servers) have Hep and HIV?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top