Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ezekiel 38

I just looked that up.

I'm not even religious and that's pretty damn thought provoking.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]

You've got to read betwixt the lines on things like this. It's no skin off the Russians back. They just get paid to build another reactor all over again. Appearance is everything.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The russians helped plan Iraq's defense against us last time and were sure they'd inflict high casualties that would discourage us from continuing and generall bog us down. Hopefully they will send their military genuises to help out Iran next.

Yes, when you have ill trained conscripts and outdated equipment it's easy to discount a military effort.
Even the much vaunted Republican Guard uniots in reality were poorly trained and equipped with obsolete T54/55 and T62 MBTs.

Put our M1s up against T90s with the latest gear and crews who know how to use them and you could have seen a different result, at least on the ground level, even if the end result was the same.

I'm not saying the Iranians are any better than the Iraqis were at using their equipment, but to discount all Russian made equipment as inferior simply because it is russian is foolhardy, IMO.

I cannot speak to the effectiveness of Russian advisors.

They may have some good pieces of equipment, but with their problems even paying their soldiers, do they have skilled, competent people to operate them and the ability to transport men and equipment anywhere in a reasonably short time anymore?

Probably not. China could be a different story, though they will not likely be ready to take as bold a step as defending Iran, save for lip service.

I do feel that China is  going to be the next superpower. I would look for a move on Taiwan in the next few years.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top