Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:31:06 PM EDT
I believe Cheney will resign this summer due to heart problems and Bush will take his time announcing the new veep to draw the public's attention away from the mid-term elections.  Strategically, Bush will allow his new veep to become very public and build his/her recognition before the 2008 election.

Guys, this will happen.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Something like that is gonna happen over the next couple of years. VP Cheney may not have a choice in the matter with the state of his health, he really could go at any time. I like Cheney but it makes better political sense to get someone who could possibly run in '08 into the mix, like say Ms. Condi Rice for instance
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Very possible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Been hearing the same shit since the 2000 election. The only way Cheney's permanently leaving office is on a stretcher.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Something like that is gonna happen over the next couple of years. VP Cheney may not have a choice in the matter with the state of his health, he really could go at any time. I like Cheney but it makes better political sense to get someone who could possibly run in '08 into the mix, like say Ms. Condi Rice for instance

Two years ago a colleague of mine predicted just that.  I think Condi is great, but there are rumors about her private life and doubts that she would get the endorsement of the Christian Coalition.  I believe it will be George Allen from Virginia.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top