BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Loads of Chinese restuarants/buffets all across the country.  The ones around here have 1-2 people who manage the place and stay the same year after year.  All of the servers/cooks rotate in and out frequently. They learn the language, make a couple bucks and move on.  They would make excellent places to bring illegal aliens into the country or to spy from.

Illegal aliens: 1.  mobility from restuarant to restuarant until they find a place to settle, 2.  low key place to make a couple bucks, learn the language and customs, and figure what to do, 3.  skills learned applicable to any restuarant setting.

Spying: 1.  mobility all across the country, 2.  place that isn't checked much, 3.  base to get into American society from, learn the language, etc. 4. No one suspects them.

Check out your local Chinese buffets and see how many transitional workers they have.  What happens to all of them?

My friends and I have noticed this trend in our area.  We go eat chinese every  thursday and have been for about the last 3 years.  The cyclic rate you described is about right.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Around here they are hiring more and more Latins for dishwashing and even cooking at the Chinese places.  Otherwise, I have seen Chinese grad students I know from school working as waiters or drivers at Chinese places.  It is probably a good source of a little extra under the table income.  I did know a LBFM whose family were Chinese restaurant owners and they were all legal.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey! as long as they keep cooking up the General Zho's chicken I dont care what they do.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
3 Second Hijack. Anyone ever notice that 20 minutes after leaving a Chinese restaurant you get hungry again?

Well duh, since 10 minutes after leaving one you shit out everything you eat
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey! as long as they keep cooking up the General Zho's chicken I dont care what they do.

The General's Tso's chicken is an "Americanized" Chinese dish invented by a New York City chef back in the early 1970's

most Chinese in China dont even know what it is
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The General's Tso's chicken is an "Americanized" Chinese dish invented by a New York City chef back in the early 1970's

most Chinese in China dont even know what it is

Like I care!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Wife: It says it's chicken but doesn't taste like it
Me: definately doesn't look like chicken
Wife: Maybe it's pork
Me: Nop way that's pork
Wife: I wonder what it is
Me: Try not to think about it
Wife:
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It doesn't matter to me.  If you think about it, there are a lot of businesses that have foreign individuals working there.  A lot of people come to this country and start businesses here.  Are they illegal?

Not everyone that comes into this country and gets a job is an illegal.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Somebody watched the Rush Hour movies recently.

I doubt the restaurant near my house is a den of crime or espionage; it's family run and has the same half dozen or so people working there that it has for over a decade.

And they make the best fricking shrimp in hot garlic sauce EVER. Heck, they're the only place I'll eat anything with sweet and sour sauce on; everyone else's sweet and sour sauce tastes like old socks with corn syrup.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah-ha!  You've found out my master plan!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top