Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 5:42:36 PM EDT

Al Gore, former vice president of the United States, in Saudi Arabia: Gore Laments U.S. ‘Abuses’ Against Arabs.

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed “terrible abuses” against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been “indiscriminately rounded up” and held in “unforgivable” conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida’s hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

“The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake,” Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. “The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States.”

Gore told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated at U.S. universities, that Arabs in the United States had been “indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable.”

“Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it’s wrong,” Gore said. “I do want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country.”

Gore speaks of Arabs being "held in conditions that were just unforgivable" in a land where Third Country Nationals (TCNs) are treated as slaves; women are the property of their guardian: a father, a brother or a husband; alcohol possession is met with a public beheading; stealing leaves one with only one hand; and the Religious Police -- the Mutaween -- enforce the backward and barbaric Sharia laws.

The Saudi regime is the very nerve center of what we fight. Yet, Al Gore consoles them while spitting at his own government. In a party filled with opportunistic, unprincipled and defeatist politicians, Al Gore has earned the distinction of being the most despicable of them all.

No further comment.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but he invented internet
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes, but he invented internet

I will stab the next person who says that!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn Al...

Simultaneous arm-lickin, dick-suckin, and ass-kissin our desert dwelling friends. I don't think even Bubba could top that...

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Al Gore invented the internet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard Albert Algore invented the internet?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Al Gore, former vice president of the United States, in Saudi Arabia: Gore Laments U.S. ‘Abuses’ Against Arabs.

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed “terrible abuses” against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been “indiscriminately rounded up” and held in “unforgivable” conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida’s hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

“The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake,” Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. “The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States.”

Gore told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated at U.S. universities, that Arabs in the United States had been “indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable.”

“Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it’s wrong,” Gore said. “I do want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country.”

Gore speaks of Arabs being "held in conditions that were just unforgivable" in a land where Third Country Nationals (TCNs) are treated as slaves; women are the property of their guardian: a father, a brother or a husband; alcohol possession is met with a public beheading; stealing leaves one with only one hand; and the Religious Police -- the Mutaween -- enforce the backward and barbaric Sharia laws.

The Saudi regime is the very nerve center of what we fight. Yet, Al Gore consoles them while spitting at his own government. In a party filled with opportunistic, unprincipled and defeatist politicians, Al Gore has earned the distinction of being the most despicable of them all.

No further comment.

On the upside, he just lost any Jewish vote he might have had...

Might not ding him locally, but forget running on any national platform...

I soooo love it when stupid politicos shoot themselves in the foot, go "huh? wtf was that?", and continue to pull the trigger again and again until it goes click...

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Some people are still alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Gore is one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Try him for treason!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Try him for treason!

+1
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
He needs the Arab-American vote during his Next Big Presidential Run.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah Al, Americans suck, America sucks.

You traitorous fuck

ETA: God I hate these people

GM
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
He should be hanged for treason
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
we oughta repeal his citizenship and not let his ass back in the country.

make him go live in France.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Al Gore invented the internetweb.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The Loser continues to do what he does best and that's be a Loser. He and Howard Dean should run together on the Loser Party ticket.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#16]
The best and most appropriate pic I've ever seen of Al Gore is the .gif I'm waiting to see in this thread.

OMG it's hilarious.

You know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you also know that he created the internet?

Quoted:
Al Gore invented the internet.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#18]
He voted FOR tonking Hajies before he voted against it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He needs the Arab-American vote during his Next Big Presidential Run.

Are there now more arabs in this country than jews?  Is that why the Demorats have started pandering to them instead of the jews?z
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]
And yet the Bush Admin...has allowed the UAE to take control of running our shipping ports has of tomorrow if the deal goes through......I think they are all traitors to this country.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Some people are still alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Gore is one.

+1
He should just stay over there and herd goats!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No further comment.

Is it still breaking the law to overstay your visa? Or not having you green card in order? Again the demoshits just letting everyone stay and thumbing there noses at the law. And how is it that they break the law but we indiscrimitaly round them up? They broke the law, we had a reason to put them in jail. And yes jail should be deplorable. It kinda makes you not want to go back.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I heard Albert Algore invented the internet?

Really?

Senior or Junior?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuckin Lefties.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The Loser continues to do what he does best and that's be a Loser. He and Howard Dean should run together on the Loser Party ticket.

doesn't that make him a "looser"?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#26]
What an asshat.

Ask him where his daddy was the day Congress voted on the Civil Rights Act.

Just think where we would be if this douchebag had become President. The Democrats should lose their right to nominate a candidate to run for president. Look at their track record over the past 3 decades. McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore and Kerry. Five little losers all in a row. Let's throw in Jimmy Carter for good measure, and how about the incomparable Slick Willie?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top