Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2001 10:47:48 AM EDT
I heard a rumor that colt presented JFK an AR-15, and that he kept it with him when he went sailing in case of emergencies, any thruth to that?

(If it is true it further proves that only criminals and thugs like assault weapons and that no honest citizens should own them[;)])

better, Raf?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually raf I forgot the smiley after my parentheses.  In fact the reason I included that is because the Antis claim that Assault Weapons are marketed for Criminals and that they pose immediate danger to the public, in spite of actual statistics or evidence.  So, if JFK in fact did own and use an AR-15 how great of a counter argument would it be to say if only criminals and thugs like assault rifles and they have no sporting or defensive purposes, then why did JFK, the beloved president, keep one for emergencies on his boat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno raf, possibly because he was elected only through mob intervention. He had close ties to bootleggin, and anyone that would help orchestrate the Bay of Pigs, is pretty much a criminal and a thug.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, if JFK in fact did own and use an AR-15 how great of a counter .....then why did JFK, the beloved president, keep one for emergencies on his boat.
View Quote

They would also be surprised that their great president was also a member of the infamous NRA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#5]
yep, and I know for certain he accepted other presentation firearms and that he shot trap and skeet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
That's pretty interesting.  I wonder what the guy who claimed JFK was killed accidentally by a Secret Service AR-15 would say.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I dunno raf, possibly because he was elected only through mob intervention. He had close ties to bootleggin, and anyone that would help orchestrate the Bay of Pigs, is pretty much a criminal and a thug.
View Quote

I'm not going to refute your other claims but the Bay of Pigs was largely the CIAs responsibility. Deputy Director Richard Bissell took a lot of responsibility for the matter and ended up resigning after his boss Dulles. Previous to this Bissel had overseen the CIA's U-2 program and had sewed the seeds for the U.S. spy satilite program.

BTW - Eisenhower was the first one to sign off on the Bay of Pigs Operation.

Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
JFK called off air support for the Bay of Pigs invasion at the last second. A move that doomed the invasion. It was JFK's fiasco. Bissell was just a fall guy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know about owning one, but here's one for sale (back in 1975) that he and others supposedly test fired. Center column, towards middle.

With today's prices, enough to make you sick. These are all transferrable guns.

[img]m2hb.shands.ufl.edu/GUNS/1975-SGN-ADs/sgn-1975-6.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Look in the book [B]THE BLACK RIFLE[/B]...
There is a picture of JFK in the Whitehouse examining an early Colt AR15 and crossbow with Gen. Clifton
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
He was a kennedy for gods sake, of course he was a criminal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top