Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:35:22 AM EDT
First:  I'm not interested in opinions on it's looks.  I'm fine with it and want to get one.

I'm looking for any dealers that people have talked to that are responsive and informative about the process.  This is the first time I have done pre-orders and thus far I have not gotten much in the way of response or answers from the dealers I have contacted.  I'm fishing for suggestions of shops to try that people know are going to be getting these rifles.

Thanks for any leads you can suggest.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
bump.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Sig said it would be the 4th quarter before these things were ready (at the earliest).   I'm going to skip preordering so as not to keep the funds tied up during that time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sig said it would be the 4th quarter before these things were ready (at the earliest).   I'm going to skip preordering so as not to keep the funds tied up during that time.

I thought you usually got charged at the time the rifle was to be delivered.  I'd not be interested in giving the vendor an intrest free loan.  I might entertain a deposit, full price up front is a "no".
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Check your IMs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I think i'll wait and see what the final product is before I buy.
I wanted a 551/552 not that abortion they came up with.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Afternoon bump.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#7]
www.impactguns.com/store/S-556.html

Impact is charging full MSRP but by the time these come out and start to be whored that may be a bargain...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I am of the opinion that most of us will be impressed with the final product Sig releases.

Naysayers be damned.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep. I agree. If the top rail was permanently attached, I would be less anamoured of the rifle. Since it's removable, I'm on that gun like stink on crap.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#10]
sigforum.com has a group buy that will get you a new SIG for less than retail.

I am part ot the wildalaska group buy at thefiringline.com which is now closed (order was placed for 120 SIG556 rifles).  We are supposed to get our rifles in August or September.  Word is our group buy price will be under $1200 delivered!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#11]
While I'd love to get in on the Sigforum group buy, my account is awaiting "approval" and thus I can't search to find said group buy.  .   I've been awaiting "approval" for days, and after inquiring about it 2 days ago, my account suddenly disappeared.

Warm group of welcoming folks over there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
While I'd love to get in on the Sigforum group buy, my account is awaiting "approval" and thus I can't search to find said group buy.  .   I've been awaiting "approval" for days, and after inquiring about it 2 days ago, my account suddenly disappeared.

Warm group of welcoming folks over there.

They're snobbish assholes at sigforum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top