Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
Does anyone here own one of these things? Are they still in production?

I remember all the buzz when they first came out. They seem so damn over priced for a gun that is stamped.

When they first came out I emailed Robinson Armament about the belt fed model and belt fed conversion. They even had the conversion listed on there website at one time. They kept gaving me dates that moved further and further out. I never purchased the rifle because of that. I mean the only damn reason I wanted the bulky thing was if it was belt fed.

So did anyone ever make a belt fed conversion for the Robinson Armament M96?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The conversion never happened.

I had one of the earlier Rifle variants. Exceedingly heavy overall, and so front-heavy that I found it very uncomfortable to shoot. I also suffered a catastrophic jam that required me to disassemble the rifle and use a hammer to get the damned bolt out. I got rid of it.

Again, I had an EARLY one.

Now, I have a Carbine version on my wishlist, and have heard reports that the later ones had much better quality than the earlier ones. As for the belt-fed conversion, I've given up hope.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The conversion never happened.

I had one of the earlier Rifle variants. Exceedingly heavy overall, and so front-heavy that I found it very uncomfortable to shoot. I also suffered a catastrophic jam that required me to disassemble the rifle and use a hammer to get the damned bolt out. I got rid of it.

Again, I had an EARLY one.

Now, I have a Carbine version on my wishlist, and have heard reports that the later ones had much better quality than the earlier ones. As for the belt-fed conversion, I've given up hope.

So they are still in production.

The only appeal they had was the fact they were sort of a copy of the Stoner M63.

I hope the XCR doesn't go the way of the belt fed M96.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
They sucked.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Robinson armament is focusing on the XCR so the M96 is being put on hold for a while ..
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
If they had been $600 instead of $1400, they probably would have been a hit.

Too little gun for too much coin.

See also Bushmaster BAR.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Robinson armament is focusing on the XCR so the M96 is being put on hold for a while ..

With as long as this project has gone on I would think they would be bankrupt by now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top