Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
"I have a brigade of tin cans currently laying seige to my house."
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Last night at 9:45pm, i was in Wal mart.  I usually pick up a box of WWB 9mm, and a WWB of .223, just to build up my stock.  It comes in under $20.00 so I'm a happy camper...

Anyway I head over to the counter, there is a preppy guy there waiting for the clerk.  

He asked the clerk for a "box of .380".  the clerk go to pick out the WWB 100 count and the guy goes, "Is there a smaller box?".  Clerk then replies, "might as well get the 100rd box its just a bit more and you get twice as many."   Preppy, "Ill never shoot them all."

So as the clerk has the glass open, he asked me if I need any ammo.  I replied, "yes give me 2 boxes of WWB 9mm 100 count, naw make it 3 box's, and 2 boxes of the WWB .223 40 Rd's." Clerk just smiles.  

Preppy guy says, "Wow thats allot of ammo".  I reply, "I try to keep at least a couple thousand rounds of each caliber.  The 9mm eats 100 rounds in a few minuets."  Clerk just gives me a big smile.

I wonder what was going through the preppies head...

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
clerk: "whatcha gonna do with all that ammo"
You:  (pause) and with a non blinking stare, slowly say: " You'll find out in the papers tomorrow..."

or

You: (give them the WTF look) Haven't you been listening to the news?....It's been all over the TV and Radio...." (then promptly walk away).

Either way you're gonna really mess with their heads.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Last night at 9:45pm, i was in Wal mart.  I usually pick up a box of WWB 9mm, and a WWB of .223, just to build up my stock.  It comes in under $20.00 so I'm a happy camper...

Anyway I head over to the counter, there is a preppy guy there waiting for the clerk.  

He asked the clerk for a "box of .380".  the clerk go to pick out the WWB 100 count and the guy goes, "Is there a smaller box?".  Clerk then replies, "might as well get the 100rd box its just a bit more and you get twice as many."   Preppy, "Ill never shoot them all."

So as the clerk has the glass open, he asked me if I need any ammo.  I replied, "yes give me 2 boxes of WWB 9mm 100 count, naw make it 3 box's, and 2 boxes of the WWB .223 40 Rd's." Clerk just smiles.  

Preppy guy says, "Wow thats allot of ammo".  I reply, "I try to keep at least a couple thousand rounds of each caliber.  The 9mm eats 100 rounds in a few minuets."  Clerk just gives me a big smile.

I wonder what was going through the preppies head...

Classic.  Good opportunity to educate, did ya?

I usually get from the clerk:  "Anything else, there are two more boxes?"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not a big WalMArt shopper, but I'll have to buy some ammo there next time I go.....as it appears that I've never had an incident of anyone asking me why........
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
"None of your business bitch, now where are the ski masks?"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]

"I'm gonna fix that self-checkout scanner up front that took my money yesterday"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You: (give them the WTF look) Haven't you been listening to the news?....It's been all over the TV and Radio...." (then promptly walk away).

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
"Im going on a Walmart shooting spree looking to beat the record"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Me thinks you are missing an oportunity for bringing them to the dark side.

Say something to the effect that you are teaching a few ladies to properly and safely defend themselves.  

Then ask :Don't you think women should be able to defend themselve and not be forced to rely on some unreliable guy somewhere?"

Works for me.

Some will even ask to go along.

But then that's just me.  I like to get more people voting with me than a'gin me.

That is all, carry on.

Don't bother. Most women in the NE would sooner die than defend themselves using deadly force. They'd sooner be victims. Why? It's how they are raised.

Girls in NE are also famous for saying "my taxes pay for the police to help me, so I don't need anything else"

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Last monday I went to the Walmart to pick up some  Win val pack .223 Varmint and the girl asks me if I want it all.Yes says I so she pulls out 12 boxes I pay have a nice day.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WM Employee (teenage black kid): "Yo man, whatchu need?"

Me: (with a grin) "Forties and nines bro, forties and nines. Two hundred of each."

WM Employee: (grinning back) "Dats tight man."

lmao!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The only thing I've ever had from them was something along the lines of "You guys are gonna have some fun?"

I got a "don't shoot it all in one place!" once..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:50:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Only got hassled at a Wal-Mart once, must have been around Christmas 2001. I'd been in full holiday party mode days, then one morning me and friend decide to go shooting.

Walked into the Wal-Mart (in very rural Texas) wearing plaid pajama pants and a blue and orange jersey. (Not my normal attire for sure, but hey, it's the party season!). Went directly to the sporting goods counter and requested a box of WWB 9mm. The 148 year old man behind the counter must have stared at me (and my ID) for about five minutes before he decided he would sell me the ammo.

Once the transaction was complete I just smiled real wide and said something to the effect of "thanks man, I gots to feed the MAC y'know!".
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:01:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This is a funny quote. But in my case this almost happened. I work outdoors in the winter months doing snow operations on a toll road. I was going to Dicks to get a ski mask when I noticed they had .223 on sale.

So I picked up a box and then picked up a ski mask on the way to the front of the store. When I got up front to pay I noticed all teenagers at the register. Needless to say something had to be put back between the mask and the ammo.

Damn my face is getting blasted this winter!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#16]
"What are you going to do with all of those?"

"Buy them."

End of discussion :)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I once bought 2 cases of AA shotshells from Wal-Mart. When the check-out lady realized that there were 20 boxes in those two cases (OMG!!! that is 500rounds of death in the form of #8 shot right in front of her) she pauses and nervously says to me "I don't think its legal to sell that many bullets to one person". I think she half expected me go into Terminator mode and seemed releaved when I simply stated "I'm pretty sure you are, why don't you call the Manager". Ten minutes later I was finally out the door.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:31:08 AM EDT
[#18]
The lady at the ammo counter always whines about not having time to get to the range herself...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:34:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Not to hijack your thread but I went into a Super Walmart to pick up some tax software Sunday and I asked the dumb woman in the electronics department where the computer software was, she took me to the blank CD's. I said, no I need the software, she said "I don't know what that is" . I don't stutter, lisp or speak in a foreign accent. Since I was only there because I had a gift card to spend, I bought some ammo instead. At least the little old mad behind the counter knew what that was.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:49:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Hell, I rolled up to the checkout registers with 300 rounds of 12ga trap load and 270 clay pigeons, the foreign cashier asks me, "Why do you enjoy killing animals?"

Uhhh, last time I checked, very few living things consist primarily of petroleum pitch, but my answer was even better.

"Because they are delicious and look great on my living room wall".

PWN3D!!1

Now, if Wal-Mart stocked 7.62x39, they'd see me in every couple months buying flats of it.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Now, if Wal-Mart stocked 7.62x39, they'd see me in every couple months buying flats of it.  

My walmart has it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My walmart has it.

Same here.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#23]
The only ammo I buy at Wal-Mart is .22 and occasionally value-packs of cheapo-shotgun shells.  Everything else they have is very over-priced.  I don't know if it's just my Wal-Mart or what, but the Winchester Whitebox value packs here are very expensive.  I think a box of 100 9mm is about $17-18.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My walmart has it.

Same here.  

Mine has it too, but it's about 50 cents a round.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#25]
But it's expensive non-Wolf ammo.

I think the simplest answer would be "whatever I want".  The two possible meanings will leave the clerks head spinning.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My walmart has it.

Same here.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#26]

By Wal-Mart Employee:

Whatcha gonna do with all them bullets?

Dude......Zombies.

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:24:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I once bought 2 cases of AA shotshells from Wal-Mart.

WalMart sells anti-aircraft rounds?

-James
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My favorite was at Academy:

Checkout chick:  "You goin' hunting with all of that?"
Me: "Something like that"

There was total silence for the remainder of the transaction.  It was only about 400 rounds.

LOL.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a funny quote. But in my case this almost happened. I work outdoors in the winter months doing snow operations on a toll road. I was going to Dicks to get a ski mask when I noticed they had .223 on sale.

So I picked up a box and then picked up a ski mask on the way to the front of the store. When I got up front to pay I noticed all teenagers at the register. Needless to say something had to be put back between the mask and the ammo.

Damn my face is getting blasted this winter!

Ski mask
Rubber gloves
Large Garbage bags
Disinfectant spray
Wal mart brand KY jelly.
A knife
Salt and pepper shakers
It's a Wonderful Life on DVD
1000 rounds of 9mm and 45ACP

Bring a camera and take a picture of the checkout girls face.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#31]
The only problems I've ever had is the tan vests not knowing where the .223
ammo is.  It seems to get moved around alot.

.40 and, 12 gauge is usually ok though.

My local Wally word doesn't ever seem to carry any .223,
but the one in the next town over carries three of four different, deliscious
flavors of it.

I usually go to that one anyway, as thier tan vests are better at
finding ammo.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Here in Iowa they look at you and say, Boy, you must be a bad shot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Here in Iowa they look at you and say, Boy, you must be a bad shot  How'd you get a carry permit?

Fixed it  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#34]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
"shoot them"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

exactly what I say, though I usually preface it with, "thought I might"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looking directly in her eyes and a slight grin,

[german accent] "shooz zem, ..................shootz zem awl"[/german accent]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Was asked that question while buying 2000rds 45acp ammo.

I replied "I pissed off Chuck Norris...BIG TIME!"

Then asked if they had any anti-tank rounds left.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I love reading Wal-Mart rants on here....

Only cause I dont have issues with them.  

Same here.  Never had any problems at all.  As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago when I went in to buy some WWB 45 ACP he said that they also had some .223 value packs back in and that I needed some of those too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Exactly what my late German father-in-law, ex-POW in WW2, ex-Luftwaffe guy, used to say, in regard to solving the world's problems. "Ach, just line zem all up against ze wall und shoot zem!"
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Was asked that question while buying 2000rds 45acp ammo.

I replied "I pissed off Chuck Norris...BIG TIME!"

Then asked if they had any anti-tank rounds left.

.45ACP is an anti-tank round
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought 5 Winchester 100 rd 9mm value packs on Christmas eve and the lady at the door said:

"Oh my, please dont use it!"

another time the guy at the sporting goods says:

what you doing getting ready to go to war?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#40]
I bought a box of .22WMR last fall.
Female clerk at Meijers: laughing, "OK what are you going to kill?"

Me: "just paper"

clerk: "oh, yeah me and my boyfreind just went to the range last week"
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly what my late German father-in-law, ex-POW in WW2, ex-Luftwaffe guy, used to say, in regard to solving the world's problems. "Ach, just line zem all up against ze wall und shoot zem!"

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#42]
What you guys have to keep in mind is that these folks are asking because they are ignorant.  They are not anti-gun, they just dont know.  Educate them and tell them nicely that you go shooting and that to go through several hundred rounds is nothing.

I think they will accept that answer and will not ask silly questions next time.

But being rude and nasty will only turn them to the dark side.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top