Quoted:
I live in a trailer park and I like it.

There goes the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Define what the meaning of "visit" is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Visited, but never lived in one. I don't want to ever live in one either. It has a negative stigma to it, at least for me.

I do shop at Wal-Mart though. I have no shame in that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
This should be good.

I lived in one visiting a friend in Austin before. Might be the first Asian to admit to living in one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm ritin done all the nayms uv yew gies.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
lived in one for a minute, and assuming i can find the 2,000$ down payment on my new modular that i got appproved for (but now cant afford down payment becuse of divorse) i will be living in one again.

along the same lines, between my stints in the army i worked as a trailer repo guy.

thats right, you don't pay, we come hook it up and take it back.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'd say 'visit' is 'going to meet someone you know who lives at a trailer park'.

What wouldn't qualify:

1. Pulling pranks at a trailer park
2. Delivering food to a trailer park
3. Responding to a 911 call to extract a 700lb guy who has been lying dead in his trailer for several days.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I have several friends that have lived or currently living in trailers. I don't like trailers mostly cause they are tornado magnets around here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Both  my parents did
I would prefer  not live in a park if I could help it  but would have no problem getting a patch of land out in a rural area and putting a nice one on a basement
My parents say  often that the parks now are nothing like they were in the 50-60s but then again what isn't diffrent now ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My job frequently involves repairing mobile homes.  That said, I'd rather live in a tent than one of those fucking abortions.

Don't you mean aborations?abhorations

fixed it for ya

Umm, I think it's: aberration?

ab·er·ra·tion    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (b-rshn)
n.
A deviation from the proper or expected course. See Synonyms at deviation.
A departure from the normal or typical: events that were aberrations from the norm.
Psychology. A disorder or abnormal alteration in one's mental state.

A defect of focus, such as blurring in an image.
An imperfect image caused by a physical defect in an optical element, as in a lens.
The apparent displacement of the position of a celestial body in the direction of motion of an observer on Earth, caused by the motion of Earth and the finite velocity of light.
Genetics. A deviation in the normal structure or number of chromosomes in an organism.

Then again, maybe he did mean: abortion

abhor
One entry found for abhor.

Main Entry: ab·hor
Pronunciation: &b-'hor, ab-
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): ab·horred; ab·hor·ring
Etymology: Middle English abhorren, from Latin abhorrEre, from ab- + horrEre to shudder -- more at HORROR
: to regard with extreme repugnance : LOATHE
synonym see HATE
- ab·hor·rer  /-'hor-&r/ noun  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:55:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I know a few people who live in trailers, and one who used to live in a trailer park.  I don't have a problem  with trailers, but trailer parks are something else.  I would not raise a family in one.  Rampant crime goes on all the time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My wife grew up in trailers much of her childhood.

Trailors in Norway, WTF ??^&^*
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:00:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
A bunch of high class folks we have here eh?  Some of you won't even bring yourselves down to associate with folks who live in a trailer?

Oui Oui
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't think that it was a trailer park, but I know I lived in a trailer when I was way too young to remember.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You also live in Florida
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Call me a snob, but I'd never live in one, nor would I have friends that own one.

Why wouldn't you have friends that own one, you snob?

Where I live, there are only three towns with trailer parks.  All 3 are full of welfare cases and crime.  I'm sure there are a couple good people in there, but I'm guessing they wouldn't be running in my circles.  I'm sure trailer parks are different elsewhere in the country, but my comments center around my area - as I'm sure do others.

I'm sure trailer parks ARE full of welfare cases and crime, but there are also like to be plenty of hard-working people who are just trying to make ends meet living in those trailers.  Seems a shame to just judge them all to be trash just because their neighbors suck.  

I mean, just because I am an asshole doesn't mean you should assume my neighbors are - they are actually really nice people

Along with Aimless' example and 95thFoot's, I could also point out that while my wife grew up in trailerparks, she has been much more successful than most people in life.  

"HKTackDriver" - your snob handle fits you well.

Your probably "BMW-Driver" on automobile forums.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Boinking a girl that lives in a trailer park
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#19]

never lived in one, but have had friends that have.  You've got to do what you've got to do.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a girlfriend who had several other boyfriends who lived in one in Jacksonville, NC.

She is prolly still there.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I checked "I have lived in a trailer park"

It wasn't technically a park, it was just a dirt road with a few trailers at the end of it.  I was in college and bought the last one in the line for $1800.  $35 a month lot rent.  I lived there for 3 years while I was in college.  No AC, furnace worked occasionally.  I stole some windows out of an abandoned trailer to pretty much fill in my broken ones.

It was great, though.  I could shoot, have bonfires, make pipe bombs     Middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Season 4 of Trailer Park Boys is in the mail!  Best show EVER!  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Growing up in SC, FL,TX how could you not have a friend that didnt live in a trailer at one time or another ?

Right out of Goose Creek H/S in SC I lived in a trailer. It didnt even have running water ,you shit in a bucket then dumped it in the creek. If not for the kindness of strangers I would have been homeless.

Now that Im older and better off I enjoy looking back. I am greatful for that time because it makes me appreciate what a great place I live in now.

If your looking down your nose at someone just because they live in a trailer you might be an asshole.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#24]
When I was single I was doing some chick who lived in a trailer.

She looked like a young Dolly Parton. Even wanted to be a country singer. She was a real freak in the rack.

She got evicted and I lost track of her.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#25]
When I was in high school I knew a few people that lived in them.  That might be different because for some reason FT. Ord had it's own trailer park and it was post housing.  Yes, Army post housing.  Probably faster and cheaper to set up.  This was the post that was giving a partial housing allowance for familie living in a couple of the housing areas because it was considered substandard and the money was to make up for htem living there.

I have also known a few people that set up or lived in trailers on their own land until they could afford to have a real house built.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#26]
After I got divorced I bought a mobile home and raised my daughter there for several years. We eventually rented a house and got rid of the trailer (long story), but we were pretty happy there. It had a pool too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So did Jim Rockford.

Jim was uber cool. Invented the "Rockford turn" and owns an F4 Phantom jet!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I lived in a small (5 units) trailer park many years ago.  Cheap and it kept the rain and wind off.  I now live in a double wide 96 model.  It is mine.  It is paid for.  By having it I have been able to spend money on land.  I now have 18 acres.  Will be purchasing another 13 when it becomes available.  I may someday build a house or I may just keep spending money on guns, my kids, my wife and all those kinds of things.  I do get a kick out of folks who work for me talking about paying monthly mortage payments of 800-1500$.  That gives me chills just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Started out married life in a 10x50.  Saved our money, sold it and bought a house.  A great way to start out if you don't have a silver spoon in your mouth!  We had great neighbors.  Retirees, other technical types, cops and firemen.  No trailer trash there!  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#30]
yes. I once lived in a trailer park when I was a kid.

My frined just bought a "trailer" with 3/2, barn, 3 car garage and 80 acres for 150k

He just finished grading part of it for his private rifle and pistol range.

I am trying to buy the 40 acres next to him.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
How is living in an apartment any better than a trailer?

I never understood the put down.

In a trailer, at least you are on the ground like a house and can have some storage.

People need to live somewhere.

I am blessed with a farm and property but I will never look down my nose
at where some people find themselves living for whatever reasons.

GM

Same here.  Why do people think apartment living=poor?

My family isn't poor, by any means. We just don't want to live in a regular house.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I've seen some t-parks that are run-down and full of some goofy assed people.  And I've seen some that are very well-kept...newly paved drives...actual covered car-ports & sheds for each one, ect.

I've lived in some apt's that were total shit-holes compared to some trailers I've seen.  
The same goes for houses too.  All depends on the area, and who's living in them.  

My beef w/ trailers is the whole tornado issue.  I feel much safer living in my apt. building than I would if I were on wheels.  

I don't look down on anyone because they live in a trailer or apt.
You gotta do what ya gotta do.  Not everyone can afford or even has enough credit for a mortgage on a house.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#33]
i live in one now.low mortgage,low lot rent.do what i want to do on the land here.
there is about 10 other trailers in here.all hard working people.

me and the wife make good money and we prefer the neighbors couldn't ask for any better.few of them are old country boy types.so if the shtf i don't have to worry about anything.one of them still mainly lives off the land.hunting in the fall and winter,gardens in the summer.

ok you buy the big house and die you leave it to the kids when your dead.
most would really rather have the insurance money than having to fight over the property.
which it happens quit a bit.
life insurance divided it equally.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#34]
I lived in one during college, it was prety nice , but manly occupied buy other students.  It was cheaper than an appartment and bigger.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm looking forward to the day I can finally sell my house and move into a double wide trailer..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#36]
My parents lived in one before I was around. We than bought a house right next to it.  My Grandparents owned the park and my dad looked after it. So I lived in a park but had a house. It was fun there was always kids to play with, plus I mowed all the common areas and lawns for people who couldn't mow thier own, I made some good money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I used to live in a little grass shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii, where the humuhumunukunukuapua'a go swimming by.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Buddy of mine lived in a trailer park during high school.  I went over to his place a few times.  Didn't think nothing of it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Nope. We did live in government housing when my father got back from Vietnam and couldn't rub two pennies together though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I'll send ya back that quarter so you can get a better pad.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top