Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 8:24:21 PM EDT
I'm glad these things come in small cans, because I've almost killed one this evening. Now I know how crackheads feel.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Mmmmmm. Salty goodness.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm glad these things come in small cans, because I've almost killed one this evening. Now I know how crackheads feel.

You haven't been to Sam's yet then. Huge tub of them there.

bd
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude....BlueDiamond blows compared to Emerald Nuts....those things are fantastic!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Those, and whole cashews!  Once the can is open, I must have them all.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you lick the smoke-flavored salt off your fingers afterwards?

+1 for the Costco/Sam's Club tub.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Constipation in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Like hell!

Almonds are a laxative. I predict at least a 12" dump tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm going to ruin you...

You know you can buy a great big bag of almonds and just toast them in a toaster oven/regular oven, right?  They're even better, IMO.  Dash them with popcorn or sea salt and they're wonderous.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish i had some.DAMMIT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Back in the 80's I made a few business trips to Modesto California where a LOT of almonds are grown.  I think Blue Diamond is located there.

A friend was retired military, and he'd go to the PX and buy giant #10 cans of these for me for a VERY few dollars.  Basically what a tiny can costs back East.

Talk about getting addicted!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Those Blue Diamond almonds are pretty good
I also like to get almonds raw, without all the oils and salt
(they are right next to the granola on the health food isle)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I also like to get almonds raw, without all the oils and salt
(they are right next to the granola on the health food isle)

That's what I was talking about.  Just get a big bag and toss a bunch on a cookie sheet and toast them.  Easy peasy, Japanesie.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#14]
You are currently using what is known as a "gateway nut". Soon it won't be enough or ever like it was the first time and you will have to move on to something else: Pistachios, it is only a matter of time and your weakness.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You are currently using what is known as a "gateway nut". Soon it won't be enough or ever like it was the first time and you will have to move on to something else: Pistachios, it is only a matter of time and your weakness.

i1.tinypic.com/nn5irp.jpg

About a year and a half ago I was eating pistachios by the metric ton until I bit into one that had been a condo for a worm.  I still feel nauseous thinking about it.  

Up until that point, I had a system down where I could just keep a dis-assembly line going between bag, hands, mouth and trashcan.  

Jim
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#16]
i used to work at a nut and candy store and we would get 50lb boxes of blue diamand almonds in almost every flavor delivered. honey roasted was my favorite. if only they knew how many unfortunate almonds fell and had to be "discarded" by me...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What no red fingers?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:30:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like hell!

Almonds are a laxative. I predict at least a 12" dump tomorrow.

post pics
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I always buy a can or two when shopping at BJ's, they have them so close to the checkout lanes...resistance is futile!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

About a year and a half ago I was eating pistachios by the metric ton until I bit into one that had been a condo for a worm.  I still feel nauseous thinking about it.  

Up until that point, I had a system down where I could just keep a dis-assembly line going between bag, hands, mouth and trashcan.  

Jim

Way too cool, eat more Pistachios and almonds, they are major cash crops in Calif.  The state has a $hitload of almond & pistachios trees in the N. Calif, Central and Imperial Valleys.  Pistachios is only grown in Calif, and the other major producer of pistachios is our nemesis, Iran.  When you folks buy pistachios be sure to get the natural brown colored ones, not the one dyed pink or purple because the packer is trying to hide flaws in the coloring, not to mention that the dye comes off on your fingers when you eat it.  Blue Diamond brand is a co-op here in Calif, much like Sunkist is for oranges.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]
had a Uncle who was a mechanical engineer for Blue Diamond, I love Almonds there SO Yummy as a kid we got to try some of the research/development products SmokeHouse is still da' bomb the Mint flavor never left the r/d dept. all in all a Tastey Worthy Treat that and Cashews gimmme my Beer
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What no red fingers?

Hey, that's right.  Growing up, all pistachios were dyed red.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Nuts are very good for you. Try them raw without salt or anything you may find them to better just as they are. I dig almonds, pecans, peanuts and walnuts. Eat some every day.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Blue Diamond Almonds also come in 1.5 ounce bags, for portion control, $0.68/bag.

Jalapeno Smokehouse, Wasabi & Soy and Chili & Lime.

I use them for low-carb snack food, as they have lots of fiber.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top