Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:17:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I love to "fight" as in fight in combative matches for training/recreation, but I strictly avoid any real confrontations.  What's the point?

ETA:  I am trained enough to know my limitations.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

But I will if I have to...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
You gotta like fighting to be any good at it, but then again that is what guns are for to protect you from people who like it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love to "fight" as in fight in combative matches for training/recreation, but I strictly avoid any real confrontations.  What's the point?

ETA:  I am trained enough to know my limitations.  

this seems to really enjoy confrontation and inflicting pain. then again as much as i like him he has the mentality of a 16yr old and he's in his mid 30's.

Damn, I would be careful having a friend like that.  There is really not that many arguments out there that can't be resolved without fighting, and crippling someone over that kind of crap is pretty sick.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't like to argue.  I end conflicts quickly and decisively.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]

I've been in over 75 fights and never lost - in fact, sometimes I go into the bad part of town just to start something up.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Been a long time since I was in a fight. But there's always tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
some peoples hormons make them predisposed to violence, I can't back this up scientificly but I work in a prison and a lot of guys (both inmate and officer alike) seem to thrive there because it affords them the oportunity to be in a more natural state. agressive.

it's counter productive at best but no matter how you try to educate them to the alternative, it's like speaking russian to a mexican...no comprendo
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've been in over 75 fights and never lost - in fact, sometimes I go into the bad part of town just to start something up.

You the man. Youngblood.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to like to fight. Thought I was pretty good at it. Then one night a dude put my head through  a car window and broke four ribs on my left side. I had to pay for the hospital/doctor AND the $500 deductible for the car repair. Screw  that shit. Now I just carry a gun and make a point of not going anywhere I would assume I would need it.

rk
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You the man. Youngblood.

I kicked both of their asses.

at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Haven't been in a fight since freshman year of college (7 or so years ago) and I don't intend to.  And that fight was unavoidable.  Before that it was high school where fights did occur, but not often.  I attempt to avoid physical confrontations, but won't necessarily back down, either.

Brian
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I like to fight.  But only with drunks.

I meant drunk midgets.

Mostly older drunk midgets.

Who look weak.

And are unarmed.

So there. Yes I like to fight. With older, drunk, weak and unarmed midgets.

Sometimes I win.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I kick my ass a lot.
But I don't like to brag about it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, also like looking at pron.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope.
Which is a good thing since I'm not very good at it.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#19]
No sir.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I took a full power shot from Squat Dog, just to prove it could be done.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I love to fight every Saturday from 12:30 to 1:30, sometimes on Wednesdays and Mondays...of course those are classes.

Anyone who looks for fights is going to get stabbed, shot, or worse.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I was only in one fight before I became a cop.  

Got my nose broken.    I wasn't happy about that.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#23]
A couple of times a guy beat the shit out of my hands with his face

No, I dont like fighting anymore....too damn many legalities involved now
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I've never been in a fight so I'm gonna have to say No.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to be a Nightclub Bouncer in S Wales
I hated fighting and did my upmost to talk a fight down...but failing that
And things ultimately got physical

Afterwards was always such a rush.....particularly if you win

Taffy

So No I do not like to fight....unless I have to
If that makes sense
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I used to like to, but I have matured a lot.

I believe the way to end a fight is with maximum, brutal, overwhelming force, but that also tends to be a good way to end up in front of a jury, so I avoid fights whenever possible.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Used to in Martial Arts Tournaments. Could "unload" in a controlled environment.
A few on the street when I was younger; as was posted, not worth getting shot or stabbed these days.
Have a nice gym in my 30'x30' room behind my house.
Have a "fight night" when my sons, (21and 22 y.o.) come over with their friends.
Good, clean fun. When it is my turn, the rounds are only 45 seconds, and I can go like hell; and the RULE is, nobody is allowed to hurt me!
But, seriously, these kids are of a mind-set like I once had; that an old guy who is 45 y.o. can't kick the ass of punks half his age. So, I guess I like to fight. What Would Chuck Do?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#28]
My friends and I used to go at it for fun.  This ranged from wrestling to fencing to multiple styles of medieval combat using bamboo or non-metallic weapons.  The big rule was you NEVER go for the face.

Fighting is fine so long as emotion doesn't get into it.  The friend TBS described gets emotional and that leads to bad stuff.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#29]
In my younger days , yes I did. Not anymore, but I don't run either.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#30]
All you can jump up my arse and fight for air.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I used to talk shit and get into fights all the time back in my younger, stupid days, until one night in a bar called...............

Hurricanes: Hinesville, GA - 1994.  Beaten senseless by some superhuman cyborg.

My last memory of the evening was being spit on while I lay dazed and confused on the filthy, sticky floor.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#32]
There is no need for fighting, just shooting.  Try explaining to the hot nurse how your testicle got mashed
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to love fighting when I was younger. Yep, I was pretty stupid.

The last fight I got in was with my older brother. Regular fights, when I'd see blood I'd get a massive rush. When I saw my own brother bleeding from injuries I made, I shut down instantly. I didn't understand it at first, but now I know it's because I actually lost.

Fighting isn't the best idea anymore. It seems you either go to jail, or the morgue. The days where a fair fight ended when the last punch was thrown are long gone. The common bar fighter and street punk no longer have any honor or respect.

If you lose, you get severely injured or killed. If you win, they call the cops and sue you. Gotta love modern day liberal America. (This even coming from someone born in the Reagan Era.)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I took a full power shot from Squat Dog, just to prove it could be done.  Does that count?

Depends.  Did you get a reach around?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top