BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Sorry, I still stand by my statements.  I wouldn't call the cops in any of those situations.  Nosy-parker busybodies make life hell for everyone.  You SEE someone being raped/robbed/assaulted/killed?  Sure.  Call the cops.  But don't stick your damn nose in where you don't know what is going on.  

One thing I WILL agre on -

ANY TIME you get mixed up in stuff like that, you WILL get a metaphorical black eye. And maybe a real one.

But sometimes, its still the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<heavy sigh>

Sorry if the "Israeli babes" and "I'm getting divorced again" threads bore me.

I like my discussions to be a little more cutting edge and informative than  "OOo, I'd like to do her" and "I hate my wife."

Heres a tip. Dont read every post. I dont. And I have more than enough entertainment to keep me from my work
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<heavy sigh>

Sorry if the "Israeli babes" and "I'm getting divorced again" threads bore me.

I like my discussions to be a little more cutting edge and informative than  "OOo, I'd like to do her" and "I hate my wife."

Heres a tip. Dont read every post. I dont. And I have more than enough entertainment to keep me from my work

I skip right over those threads. Leaving me being FORCED to post something more provocative.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry, I still stand by my statements.  I wouldn't call the cops in any of those situations.  Nosy-parker busybodies make life hell for everyone.  You SEE someone being raped/robbed/assaulted/killed?  Sure.  Call the cops.  But don't stick your damn nose in where you don't know what is going on.  

None of those scenarios sounds "normal". Almost of all them exhibit some sign of something seriously wrong going on. Even if you don't personally know what is going on in a particular situation, it should be your responsible response based on what you heard in many of those scenarios to contact LE and let them look into whats going on; it could very well be a tragedy you'll be averting, and if you did nothing and just let it happen, you would have to live with your guilty conscience.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

None of those scenarios sounds "normal". Almost of all them exhibit some sign of something seriously wrong going on. Even if you don't personally know what is going on in a particular situation, it should be your responsible response based on what you heard in many of those scenarios to contact LE and let them look into whats going on; it could very well be a tragedy you'll be averting, and if you did nothing and just let it happen, you would have to live with your guilty conscience.

And ammo for the anti gunners to ram the next piece of anti gun legislation thru Congress.

But that's "not my problem," right fellers?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
"If you only knew who I am and the things I've done".

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
wouldn't do any good to call anybody...no crime committed that the police would be intersted in...if you are on government property or school proterty the police will come out right away.
  and if you get involved in another person's argument,  how do you know that the one you think is beeing threatened, won't turn on you when the police come and say you are the guilty party?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

and if you get involved in another person's argument,  how do you know that the one you think is beeing threatened, won't turn on you when the police come and say you are the guilty party?  

Those are all VERY  important questions on determining whther to use deadly force.

SC CCW law is quite specific on those issues, and in my classes I teach extensively on those issues.

But those questions are not very relevant  on whether to call the police, IMO.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"If you only knew who I am and the things I've done".

Everybody's a comedian.  

And YES I am proud of my involvements and accomplishments for gun rights.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
wouldn't do any good to call anybody...no crime committed that the police would be intersted in.

Not quite. Just looking at several of those scenarios, you have a couple of solid domestic violence offenses, possible a menacing charge,  or aggravated harassment, etc.

..if you are on government property or school proterty the police will come out right away.

How will they come "anyway" if they aren't called?

No one says that you have to become directly involved; you make the call, and let the responding officers contact YOU if they need to interview you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top