Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 9:22:10 PM EDT
I am gettin ready to get a nice rifle, and wanted to get a few opinions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 10:13:59 PM EDT by rufusrufgut]
To me his feedback says it all. And his responses to negative feedback are a little childish and condensending. Most of his prices are high,he thinks very highly of his wares. Sometimes I do a search for a
certain gun (like Kimber) and I will get alot of his auctions that have nothing to do with Kimber.If he is selling a 1911 he will add every manufacturer to his description so his auctions come up as much as
possible. I find this very annoying. I don't like his tactics. Ton 80 the home of the 1800 ak, which I think is the same one he's had for sale for at least 2 years. In other words I think there are better choices than him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:22:10 PM EDT
I have bought from him.

Got a great price on a CZ75SA. Easy to deal with. Prompt shipping.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 10:35:02 PM EDT by MonkeyGrip]
Yes. And it worked out very well and I found them easy and professional to deal with and the price was good. Good, promt dealings with follow-up.

The seller appears to be associated with a gunshop that sells a lot of CZ pistols. I got a CZ 85 Combat. They have good feedback on the CZ forums (last time I looked) from the many people who've bought CZ pistols from them. Their CZ pistol prices are good.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:54:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 7:41:51 PM EDT by 1IV]
Thanks Ill go from this and buy. Thanks.

Edit*** I got to the auction, started the bid.... and just could not take the risk with 980$$$... Thanks Arfcom fo saving me from my inner bargain hunter.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:59:52 PM EDT
Don't do it. He's a first-class asshole.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:20:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pieceofstink:

please tell!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:28:34 PM EDT
Read his feedback. He should stick to darts.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:32:05 PM EDT
I have never delt with him but from the pics I saw of him, next to Randy Weaver he just seems
old school. And when you sell as much as he does on gunbroker you will deal with a guy you can't please .
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:42:04 PM EDT
I got to the auction, started the bid.... and just could not take the risk with 980$$$... Thanks Arfcom fo saving me from my inner bargain hunter.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:49:00 PM EDT
He's a great guy.
I bought many things from his and he's always been stright up.
I talked to him on the phone as many times and he sounds like Hoyt Axton LOL
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:54:42 PM EDT

Read his feedback. He should stick to darts.

What have you bought from him?
He has an A+ rating.
The fact you don't like him is more on an endorsement of the guy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:16:51 PM EDT
Purchased several guns from him never had a single problem. He's real easy to talk to I'd say. I spoke to him several times and never got any bad attitude. To bad mouth him is a personal attack on him, his ratings speak for his business and his business is very very good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:51:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Red1Alpha:
Purchased several guns from him never had a single problem. He's real easy to talk to I'd say. I spoke to him several times and never got any bad attitude. To bad mouth him is a personal attack on him, his ratings speak for his business and his business is very very good.

Yep exactly.
Where does pieceofstink get off disparaging the guy?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:55:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrzy:

Originally Posted By Red1Alpha:

Yep exactly.
Where does pieceofstink get off disparaging the guy?

+5

Over the last few years I did many big transactions. I was always happy.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:55:31 AM EDT
I bought a rifle from him without issue, worked out quite well.

However, his replies to negative feedback are childish to say the least. He's a gem:

[feedback from byer]
D: BAIT/SWITCH Failed to honor winning bid. Confronted, admitted gun sold prior to bid close for more $. Said he has a thousand guns on sale, my complaint is of no importance to him. BUYER BEWARE!!!

[his response]
Response: YOUR COMPLAINT IS IMPORTANT, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, THE GUN IS GONE, QUIT CRYING
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:25:17 AM EDT
I bought a RRA from him about 2 years ago. When the auction was over, he told me it was sold already. I waited over a month for him to send me a rifle. I never bought from him again

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:04:58 PM EDT
I have bought from him 3 or 4 times. Was always fast and kept me up to date.

be well
maxwell
Top Top