Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Can anyone tell if the rear of the reciever has the "classic" folding stock attachment points?

This one: www.praxagora.com/lunde/2006SHOTShow/556-gizmos-2.jpg looks like it has a cutout for the hinge on a folder, but I've never handled a 55x series.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If I want another AR I will buy one.  Otherwise make it look like a Sig552.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The SIG folks have said they are working out a way to mount the SG55X stock on the rifle.

The raised rails are optional.

The original forearms will be able to be mounted.

For heaven's sake.  Do the same people have to say the same things in 6 different threads?  If you don't like it feel free to skip it.  For me.... it's grown on me and frankly with a flat rail I could take the AR stock adapter.  If I can get a folder then there is nothing for me to think about.  I'll get one.  I'll still get one without the folder too.

Seriously, there isn't a TAPCO, FOBUS, son-of-a-AR, joke that hasn't been made now, so do we need to repeat it in every topic on the rifle?  Write SIG a letter if you just can't stand that they didn't make exactly what you wanted.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it...and can see why SIG would go with the M4 style stock. But I think a 5 position side folder like I have on my ZM LR300 would work better. Myself I'll wait and see if a classic 550 series makes it way to the civil market.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
omg I want the top one, w/ a diff stock
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Who the fuck at sig decided that Amerika wanted a M4 style stock?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
what kind of sight is that?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quite frankly, if that rifle had any other name but SIG on it, I'd be more than happy!  But that fact that I see this franken-55X instead of a true 550/1/2 is quite a downer!

- BG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
get rid of the handguards, stock, and rail and I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The second rifle from the top, the shorty....is that a short barreled rifle, or does it look like a 16" barrel?

Personally I think it looks like an SBR...unless the FH is non-removable, then maybe it's "normal."

EDIT: I went and measured an AR mag, 2.5" in width. Assuming that the Sig mags are at least close to the AR mag dimensions, and that I estimated the breech's position correctly, using the bubba method (i.e. ruler on monitor screen) I can determine that the barrel should just squeak by at 16" with the flash hider on. Hopefully it's permanent so we don't have to pay another $200 to buy it...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
  It just looks like another pimped out AR. Until they put the real folding stock on it, I'll pass.

+ 1 Brazilian

It's called evolution
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Emmmm...I dunno.  Looks sloppy to me.  I thought SIG would produce something a bit better than that...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
omg I want the top one, w/ a diff stock

I want number 2 with a folder.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
armory.ar15.com/content/features/SHOT/2006/media/IMG_0076.jpg

The second rifle from the top, the shorty....is that a short barreled rifle, or does it look like a 16" barrel?

Personally I think it looks like an SBR...unless the FH is non-removable, then maybe it's "normal."

EDIT: I went and measured an AR mag, 2.5" in width. Assuming that the Sig mags are at least close to the AR mag dimensions, and that I estimated the breech's position correctly, using the bubba method (i.e. ruler on monitor screen) I can determine that the barrel should just squeak by at 16" with the flash hider on. Hopefully it's permanent so we don't have to pay another $200 to buy it...

That's a 55x style barrel and it is 16" with integrated flash hider. It has the shorter handguard as well. I like that config and the bottom one with the silencer

This is the 14.5" SBR version of that barrel on a classic SG551. It sits more flush with the handguards

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a 55x style barrel and it is 16" with integrated flash hider. It has the shorter handguard as well. I like that config and the bottom one with the silencer

www.praxagora.com/lunde/2006SHOTShow/556-std-4.jpg

This is the 14.5" SBR version of that barrel on a classic SG551. It sits more flush with the handguards
www.mstarmetro.net/~acouret/4.jpg

Awesome. Thanks man
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tell me again why I want one of these?

looks like an M4 buttfucked an AKM and this is the offspring

No one is forcing you too. Some of us are interested knowing the quality level SIG produces.

Just like their GSR.  Dude stop buttkissing SIG they will not give you a free one for sucking their dicks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I like everything except the stock.

(And the mill marks all over the side of that receiver are nasty.)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:16:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And that damn annoying Sigforums watermark is enough to make me NOT want to buy the fucking thing.

I'm getting pissed at the mags.  Okay people, I get it, the mags stick together.  Now can you please take the damn things off so I can look at the gun!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:06:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Well...time to start saving my $$$ and gently preparing Miz LWilde for the inevitable.  Maybe my next BD or Xmas prezzy?  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#23]
It's UGLY!
It''s CHEAP!
It's TAPCO!
It's An AR!

Fine, all you clowns.

MORE FOR ME!  

Sheep

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:48:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll wait for the non watermarked pics. Seeing SIGFORUMNS about 17000 times gave me a headache; it actually interfered with my viewing pleasure.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
looks like an M4 buttfucked an AKM and this is the offspring

No one is forcing you too. Some of us are interested knowing the quality level SIG produces.

Just like their GSR.  Dude stop buttkissing SIG they will not give you a free one for sucking their dicks.

I love it. A foreign firearms manufacturer with a history of making high quality weapons develops a new series of rifle for the American market and some of you guys are doing the equivalent of telling them to fuck off.

Brilliant. Just fucking brilliant.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Those watermarks are pretty damn annoying...............we know where the pics came from already..........

Quoted:
I'll wait for the non watermarked pics. Seeing SIGFORUMNS about 17000 times gave me a headache; it actually interfered with my viewing pleasure.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like SIG outsourced their marketing R&D to Tapco.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Why is every one hung up on having a folding stock?  Folding Stocks arent very useful what this thing needs is a Multi Positional Collapsible stock with a design closer to the HK collpsing stock than the M4.  I have had a few folding stocks, I dont see the point in them other than storage.  An adjustable Collapsing stock gives you alot more "usability" than a folder.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Upgrade to one of these stocks and it may not be so bad.

$340 from ZM Weapons...

I think where they really turned everyone off is they didn't use a quality M4 stock on the rifle.  No MagPul, no vltor, no SOPMOD... just a REALLY ugly cheap ass TDI stock.  You would think a company like SIG wouldn't have made such a monumental marketing screw-up.  A quality stock would make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#30]
It looks like they designed the furniture right after watching "Aliens".  If your listening SigArms please give us an alternate version with Swiss milspec furniture and sights.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.praxagora.com/lunde/2006SHOTShow/556-std-4.jpg

www.mstarmetro.net/~acouret/4.jpg

Awesome. Thanks man

OK, I'm warming up to the carbine...slightly. I may need another AR.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#32]
*cough* pre-production prototype *cough cough*

In the pictures that were posted on the first page, if you look closely you can see that the top rail is not welded on like the original pics showed.  SiG has said that the furniture on the rifle are prototypes as well.  I'm sure that they have heard everyone's displeasure over the choice of stocks, grips and handgaurds, and I'm pretty sure they are going to change things accordingly.  Remember, this is SiG, not HK, they want to sell us guns and they know that they are going to need to make some changes.  Again, prototype.

(Yeah, I know, HK does sell us civvies guns, but just wait until you try to get any sort of service for your new pistol...)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
So are they producing these in New Hampshire or somewhere else? Just curious.

and big +1 for hating the cheap rails. Don't really mind collapsing stocks though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top