Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
I just went outside to get something out of my truck, and some asshole must have backed into it, and dented the side in, on the drivers side.  Dammit.

Anyone know how much it would cost to get this repaired?  I have insurance, just curious as to how much it is gonna cost...

There doesnt appear to be any damage other than the huge dent in the door, no scratches or anything, that I can tell at least.

The truck is a 2006 dodge ram 2500.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
it i'll buff right out
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How do you define "huge dent?"

It takes up most of the door.  I don't have my camera here, or else I would post a pic.

It doesnt look like it would be difficult to pull out though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
It was probably a soccer mom in a Toyota hybrid SUV talking on the telephone.

Figure about $700.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Figure about $700.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Figure about $700.

Get a quote from someone, if you've got to replace the skin, bend over.

Sometimes you can get something like this to pop out.  Sometimes not.  If it's 'creased', almost certainly not.  

Sometimes you can get it back 'ok' by knocking on the backside of the panel.

Sucks, though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
400 to 700 is my guesstimate.
Maybe someones Glock KB'ed next to your truck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
400 to 700 is my guesstimate.
Maybe someones Glock KB'ed next to your truck.

I think there would be a bit more damage if a Glock Kaboomed next to it.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I really hate people with no respect for others' property...

I have a door ding on my truck too thanks to some idiot at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#11]
They didn't even have the courtesy to leave you a note, eh?    

Sorry I can't add to the info on how much it would cost to repair ... it seems to be going around these days.  

A buddy had the same thing happen to his 1994 Camry just last night.  Somebody swiped the side of his car, causing a big dent in his driver's side door and knocking off the mirror.  No note, no explanation.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They didn't even have the courtesy to leave you a note, eh?    

Sorry I can't add to the info on how much it would cost to repair ... it seems to be going around these days.  

A buddy had the same thing happen to his 1994 Camry just last night.  Somebody swiped the side of his car, causing a big dent in his driver's side door and knocking off the mirror.  No note, no explanation.  

Nope, no note, nothing.  Thats why I am so pissed.  If they would have came to me about it, and tried to work with me on it, It wouldnt be that big of a deal to me.  But just driving off ...........  It happened within a half an hour of me coming home on my lunch break also.  There were two cars there, it should have been obvious that someone was home.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
well it wasnt me for sure, I would have at least keyed GASTON WAS HERE! into the dent
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Pull the trim board inside the door and roll the window completely to the up position. Then try to press out the dent from the inside. Ditto for any creases but use the blunt end of a wrench to try to iron out the crease.

Be careful buffing the paint and then by hand only to make sure you don't rub out any clearcoat.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#16]
check your neighbor's car for paint scraches, maybe they backed up into your car? probably somebody that lives near you?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried to tell you that only hardware wont protect well what is inside.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
check your neighbor's car for paint scraches, maybe they backed up into your car? probably somebody that lives near you?

Yeah, I thought of that.  I am going on a recon mission later this evening.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Before anyone starts the WECSO bump and dent repair, look into 'paintless dent repair'.  I had a dent in the drivers door but the paint was still there.  Called dealership and they said they had a guy that takes the dents out up to the size of a softball for $60.  I got the car back and you have to look for a minute or so to see where the dent was.  I strongly recommend trying that first.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Depending on the type of dent, (crease, no crease, paint crack, etc.) it may be cheaper to swap the whole door out. But for a 2006, they may be hard to come by yet. ......Lube up....

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:...... I have a door ding on my truck too thanks to some idiot at Home Depot.

Sorry for that! Next time don't park so fucking close that I need a P-38 to get in to my car!

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1157330/0/nouser_1157/T0_-1_1157330.jpg
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I feel your pain!!

About five months ago I purchased a new 2005 Tundra. It was about a month old when someone sideswiped the right side of the truck, when it was parked. I was in Sears parking lot, came out and saw the whole side of my truck scratched, scraped and dented, from the back door to the end of the bed. Anoth day, I parked in Home Depot, came back out and their was one of the flat carts leaning against my driver side door, another dent.  Another time, my rear bumper was scratches up by someone pulling out of a spot behind me.  I give up.

I never did get any of the damage repaired. Anyone know if your insurance goes up for damage while your car is parked??  I guess it's too late to make a claim, I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I just went outside to get something out of my truck, and some asshole must have backed into it, and dented the side in, on the drivers side.  Dammit.

Anyone know how much it would cost to get this repaired?  I have insurance, just curious as to how much it is gonna cost...

There doesnt appear to be any damage other than the huge dent in the door, no scratches or anything, that I can tell at least.

when you grow up, you'll realize life is more than new toys
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#25]
bastages
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

wtf you troll, what an asshole
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I feel your pain!!

About five months ago I purchased a new 2005 Tundra. It was about a month old when someone sideswiped the right side of the truck, when it was parked. I was in Sears parking lot, came out and saw the whole side of my truck scratched, scraped and dented, from the back door to the end of the bed. Anoth day, I parked in Home Depot, came back out and their was one of the flat carts leaning against my driver side door, another dent.  Another time, my rear bumper was scratches up by someone pulling out of a spot behind me.  I give up.

I never did get any of the damage repaired. Anyone know if your insurance goes up for damage while your car is parked??  I guess it's too late to make a claim, I'm just curious.

I don't think the company can raise your rates because you weren't driving the car.  I had a car hit my parked honda prelude and do $1500 worth of damage by busting up a headlight, denting the quarter panel, and cracking the front bumper.  Insurance couldn't raise my rates because I couldn't possiably be at fault (car was parked legally).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Just take the door panel off and pop the dent out with your fist.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#29]
sorry bud, i like you and all , but I didnt want to pay for my 1911 KB'ing next to you nice new ride.
my deepest appology, I knew I shoulda bought a Glock
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#30]
If you lived closer I'd let you borrow my Jeep for revenge; it comes pre-dented!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top