Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 6:16:28 PM EDT
My buddie just faxed this over from his mortgage.
He is in a panic thinking this means he can't deduct his property taxes and interest on his mortgage.

Is this just some language they use or is it going to hurt him, he says he never even knew wit said that.

No claim of credit for Taxes.
Borrower will not make a deduction from or claim credit on the principal or interest secured by this security agreement by reason of any governmental taxes,assessments or charges.
Borrower will not claim any deduction from the taxable value of the property by reason of this security agreement.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
NO.

They (the lender) are saying he can't reduce what he owes them nor reduce what he pays them due to tax obligations arising from the ownership/purchase of the property with the loan.

Also, how can a lender proscribe what one can or can't do on one's federal or state tax return?  I don't remember "Banks" being a part of the three branches of government.

G
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
tag.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]

No claim of credit for Taxes.
Borrower will not make a deduction from or claim credit on the principal or interest secured by this security agreement by reason of any governmental taxes,assessments or charges.
Borrower will not claim any deduction from the taxable value of the property by reason of this security agreement.

Quoted:
NO.

They (the lender) are saying he can't reduce what he owes them nor reduce what he pays them due to tax obligations arising from the ownership/purchase of the property with the loan.

Also, how can a lender proscribe what one can or can't do on one's federal or state tax return?  I don't remember "Banks" being a part of the three branches of government.

G

G23 is right.  Read the clause carefully.

Christ, reading Legalese is like trying to understand 'Jive' sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
NO.

G

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I would stake my E&O coverage on this interpretation if your friend lived in Nebraksa.

No unauthorized practice of law for me,
SBG
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys , I directed my buddy to this thread and he will sleep good tonight.
Again, thanks to you guys.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:58:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent question and posts.

This type of thread is why I come here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us...

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Excellent question and posts.

This type of thread is why I come here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us...

It is unbelievable sometimes the quick response we get to some tough questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top