Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:54:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Have to get rid of the dictators in the ME for things to start to get better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Does he regret Hitler's defeat for all the instability it's led to in the Middle East after the establishment of the state of Israel?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does he regret Hitler's defeat for all the instability it's led to in the Middle East after the establishment of the state of Israel?

Nothing to get irritated about… this is just like the people that pine for the Cold-War because the Soviet oppression keep some problems under surface.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
So does that means he misses the Soviet Union as well?

Some people really don't think well before their pie hole opens.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It'd be a shame for the peace and tranquility Israel's enjoyed for almost 60 years to be disrupted by the fall of Saddam Hussein.  But it's touching that the BBC is concerned.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Israel rueing anything is a joke
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
If case anyone else besides me is wondering what "rue" means.

rue

VERB:
rued , ru·ing , rues
VERB:
tr.

To feel regret, remorse, or sorrow for
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Incredible!

Is this idiot talking about the same Saddam Hussein who used to send $25,000.00 to the families of suicide bombers who blew themselves, and innocent Israelis, to smithereens????

Really, some folks should simply use their mouths for pieholes and that's about all.

Eric The(Un-Fricking-Believable)Hun
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#12]
He must not be old enough to remember saddam attacking his country back in the Gulf War.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:20:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I can see a point, though it's not really the one he's making - meaning he may not even see it himself.  With Saddam, as with the Soviet Union, there was an identifiable enemy, a specific bogeyman vs. undefined or unclear evil.  My counter to that would be that one no longer has that particular state to deal with, along with the greater power that comes from being a government.  DEaling with a bunch of vagrants with some small explosives may be a pain, and surely is for those injured or killed by improvised bombs, it is not the same thing as an organized army coming at you, or the major weapons that a government is able to buy and field.  Saddam is no longer sending SCUDS or their successors.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think he knows his stuff....

Yuval Diskin Appointed ISA [Shabak] Director

All that means is that he should 'know his stuff', not that he actually does.

Again, does he miss the days when Saddam would financially reward the familes of those who killed and maimed innocent Israeli citizens?

Or was he out to lunch when 39 Scud missiles hit Israel during the First Gulf War, courtesy of Saddam Hussein?

(Wonder what this fellow's take on what a nuclear Iran and its crazy-as-a-loon President might be?)

Wow, an Israeli who forgives and forgets!

Eric The('NeverAgain'MeansChoppedLiver?)Hun
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Since America overthrew Hussein, I think it would only be fair that we increase Israel's subsidy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

And sometimes He uses His people to extract that vengeance, and sometimes He uses other people to extract that vengeance.

No one can say that Saddam is not about to pay for a whole lot of crimes at this time, and for that, the entire Free World, and God's people, can be thankful.

Ask Ouday and Ussay when you see them next!

Eric The(BurningInHades,ThankYou,Lord)Hun
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So, are you postulating the Knesset chose someone for one of THE most important jobs in Israel (Head of Internal Security/Anti-Terrorism) who may not be up to the job?

ANdy

ETA: In August 1990, he was appointed  Director of the Dept. for Counter-terrorism, so I think he was aware of teh SCUD attacks.

What he should have postulated is… YOU are manufacturing bullshit out of thin air.

Israel MAY rue Saddams overthrow… they MAY not as well (which is implied in the word MAY in the first place)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So, are you postulating the Knesset chose someone for one of THE most important jobs in Israel (Head of Internal Security/Anti-Terrorism) who may not be up to the job?

Politics is politics, I suppose.

Or this fellow was simply engaging in 'misdirection', or speaking 'tongue-in-cheek.'

Or quite possibly, taking a page from Joel Chandler Harris' classic Uncle Remus, was speaking in the character of that old trickster Brer Rabbit, pulling our legs with an Israeli version of 'pleeze, don't trow me in dat dere briar patch!'

Saddam was a grat enemy of Israel, and contributed much to its misery.

Now that he's gone, the suicide bombings in Israel have subsided.

You can argue it's the security fence, it's internal Palestinian politics, of whatever, but the fact that Saddam is gone from power must be considered a great contributing factor, as well.

ETA: In August 1990, he was appointed  Director of the Dept. for Counter-terrorism, so I think he was aware of teh SCUD attacks.

I was being facetious when I said maybe he didn't remember those attacks.

If he really means that he is sad to see Saddam go, then he is quite unlike any mortal man who I have ever heard of, for certain.

Eriuc The(Honest)Hun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top