Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:19:34 PM EDT
All jokes aside, did he ever say why he wanted to be white?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Vitiligo
What Is Vitiligo?

Vitiligo (vit-ill-EYE-go) is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin, the mucous membranes (tissues that line the inside of the mouth and nose and genital and rectal areas), and the retina (inner layer of the eyeball) are destroyed. As a result, white patches of skin appear on different parts of the body. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white.

The cause of vitiligo is not known, but doctors and researchers have several different theories. One theory is that people develop antibodies that destroy the melanocytes in their own bodies. Another theory is that melanocytes destroy themselves. Finally, some people have reported that a single event such as sunburn or emotional distress triggered vitiligo; however, these events have not been scientifically proven to cause vitiligo.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Vitiligo
What Is Vitiligo?

Vitiligo (vit-ill-EYE-go) is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin, the mucous membranes (tissues that line the inside of the mouth and nose and genital and rectal areas), and the retina (inner layer of the eyeball) are destroyed. As a result, white patches of skin appear on different parts of the body. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white.

The cause of vitiligo is not known, but doctors and researchers have several different theories. One theory is that people develop antibodies that destroy the melanocytes in their own bodies. Another theory is that melanocytes destroy themselves. Finally, some people have reported that a single event such as sunburn or emotional distress triggered vitiligo; however, these events have not been scientifically proven to cause vitiligo.

so he just got a skin disorder that turned him white Dont they have a cure for something like that?

ETA I had always been under the impression he wanted to be white
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Caucasiaplasty, the opposite of a negroplasty

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Because white women always beat the rap.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
He's trying to hide out from all the cops that are trying to frame him for being a rich black man.

He has to protect his beautiful Blanket, ya know.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
He is looking pretty rough these days

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
He's trying to hide out from all the cops that are trying to frame him for being a rich black man.

He has to protect his beautiful Blanket, ya know.

no, thats ignorant, thier ignorant.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#10]
And if it's a skin disorder then how did his hair go from kinky to straight?  Let's see, I suppose he's using bleach and hair straighteners.  And I suppose he got his current nose from being bitten by a vampire because he sure as shit looks like one now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought he said it was because he had heard that you can't keep a white man down.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Michael Jackson is one of the most amazing people on the earth.  He was born a poor black child and grew up to be one of the richest white women ever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
my wife has vitiligo and she has white patches on her hands and arms that are really sensitive to sun exposure. I don't know what MJs story is.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#14]

I wonder if he had each hair follicle rearranged for this shot

WTF is up with his nosejob, did he try to do it himself?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Mental disorder.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
wow he is white
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Because this guy was born a poor black child

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I'm getting sick

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Most child molesters are white, why would he be any different?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I have the same condition...I'm lucky in that I'm white and my patches are limited to my shins, butt and other more sensitive areas.  I have see black men with patches on their face and it is really quite dramatic.  Its not like the skin just gets lighter...it's a white as white can be, and 15-20 minutes with shorts on will make them turn bright pink.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.ananova.com/images/entertainment/michaeljacksonAP410x305.jpg

I wonder if he had each hair follicle rearranged for this shot

WTF is up with his nosejob, did he try to do it himself?

Too bad MJ was acquitted. Him and John Gacy could have played
kiss & tell in the same cell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top