Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/8/2006 10:32:57 AM EDT
howdy arfcom.

i have been recruited to do the bbq for a grand opening party for a new bar down the road from my house.  the menu appears to be ribs, fajitas and brisket but i don't know for sure because the meat won't be here for a few hours yet.

so, my plan is to post pictures of the process.  all 16 hours of it.  think of it as an expanded dinner pic.  so tag or watch for it, whatever blows your skirt up.

since the meat isn't even here yet i'll first post a teaser of a past BBQ.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#3]
tag because I am hungry.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Ummmmm <drool> errrrrr <drool> wheres this at?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
howdy arfcom.

i have been recruited to do the bbq for a grand opening party for a new bar down the road from my house.  the menu appears to be ribs, fajitas and brisket but i don't know for sure because the meat won't be here for a few hours yet.

so, my plan is to post pictures of the process.  all 16 hours of it.  think of it as an expanded dinner pic.  so tag or watch for it, whatever blows your skirt up.

tinypic.com/nefhxv.jpg

OMG that looks gooood ..... one hell of a cooker you got there

tag
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Now I'm hungry!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag...........

Sean
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
howdy arfcom.

tinypic.com/nefhxv.jpg

tag

heres a better pic of it.............unfortunately it isn't mine

heres mine

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Negative 2 billion points for openly admitting you drink Keystone Light.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/neg5e1.jpg

my beer is in the arfcom koozie and theres a 99% chance that it isn't a keystone light.  i say 99% because i'm not above it
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/neg5e1.jpg

my beer is in the arfcom koozie and theres a 99% chance that it isn't a keystone light.  i say 99% because i'm not above it

Any man who will admit that he's not above drinking a Keystone Light is a man, indeed.

Having said that, I let that fermented yak urine touch my lips once..never again

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
howdy arfcom.

tinypic.com/nefhxv.jpg

tag

heres a better pic of it.............unfortunately it isn't mine

i1.tinypic.com/neg852.jpg

heres mine

tinypic.com/necboi.jpg

We built tugboats less complicated than that thing!!!! Looks great, I sure do miss texas....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]
TexRdnec: IM me your exact address, and I'll be over in a New York minute. I've never been to a real Texas BBQ.  The closest I ever got was the Sunny Bryan's at the West End in downtown Dallas.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Mmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Hell, I'll drink anything what don't drink me first!!

The Q looks great! I'm cravin some Q....but it's snowing like a pig here!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hell, I'll drink anything what don't drink me first!!

The Q looks great! I'm cravin some Q....but it's snowing like a pig here!

One of the bennies of living in the PRK, So. Calif Los Angeles, the land of earthquakes , brush fires, and fruits & nuts(as in people), and oppressive gun laws, we are currently in the middle of a Santa Ana condition with record heat, we are going for a possible record breaking high of 75 today.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Gentlemen,
With all do respect, that is one fine looking cooker and some fine looking grilled beef (I think that is what it is), but that is not BBQ. The following are images of real BBQ, Eastern North Carolina Style, pulled or chopped pork, flavored with vinegar based sauce, served with cole slaw, brunswick stew and hush puppies, dogs running around lapping up the grease, children begging for a rib at the side of the cooker, mama inside preparing the banana pudding and the men folk outside sippin on the bottle of George Dickle hidden behind the tire of the cooker.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/Butch20Wallack-Cleveland20Ohio-2020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/Mvc-005s1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/table1.jpg
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#20]
damn, i am actually drooling you guys!!! sweeet!!!

you know what, i've had real bbq a few times at unit shindigs but i have never EVER found the real thing in any restaurant. good stuff, yes, but never the real thing like above!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#21]
[JackBauer]This BarBQ took place between 6pm and 7pm....in real time[/JackBauer]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,
With all do respect, that is one fine looking cooker and some fine looking grilled beef (I think that is what it is), but that is not BBQ. The following are images of real BBQ, Eastern North Carolina Style, pulled or chopped pork, flavored with vinegar based sauce, served with cole slaw, brunswick stew and hush puppies, dogs running around lapping up the grease, children begging for a rib at the side of the cooker, mama inside preparing the banana pudding and the men folk outside sippin on the bottle of George Dickle hidden behind the tire of the cooker.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/Butch20Wallack-Cleveland20Ohio-2020.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/Mvc-005s1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/table1.jpg

neither of those pits are grills and therefore none of that meat is grilled.  i will also go so far as to say if theres smoking wood, charring animal flesh and cold beer present, then it's a BBQ!!!!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Taggage
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm a practical person, and it is a question of semantics between "grilled" and "BBQ,"  or whatever you folks called it.  Personally I'm not that picky,  "Have fork will travel!"
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Good Lord.  Can we have a thread about BBQ that doesn't break down into an arguement.  I'm from Texas.  If I BBQ, it's gonna be brisket.  Honestly, though, I'd love to go to NC and try some of the pork, it looks really great.  

Heck, this is as bad as Chili (beans vs. no beans).  

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]
i'm just here for the pictures! [homer drools]aaarrrggghhh...meeeaaat...aaarrrggghhh[/homer drools]

ETA: just outta curiosity, where the hell do you find big huge slabs of pork and beef like that??? i live in northern virginia, heavily suburban, and i sure as shit don't see this stuff at shoppers food warehouse!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
i'm just here for the pictures! [homer drools]aaarrrggghhh...meeeaaat...aaarrrggghhh[/homer drools]

ETA: just outta curiosity, where the hell do you find big huge slabs of pork and beef like that??? i live in northern virginia, heavily suburban, and i sure as shit don't see this stuff at shoppers food warehouse!

pork is all wild.  entirely too many damned hogs around here to go and pay for pork meat.  the brisket we'll go and get from the local meat market, the cutting house in corpus or you can usually find pretty decent ones at the local H.E.B...........which is just a TX foodstore chain.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Keystone light        

That being said BBQ yeah
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Here comes the battle of Sourthern BBQ. I call the official judging spot!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#33]
These days BBQ is like Channellock, or Coke, it's a generic thing. Stop arguing!!

AB
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

That's a real BBQ.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Nothing beats Texas smoked brisket!

Pulled pork is damned good, but hits about 8.5 on the BBQ meter. 12-16 hour smoked brisket is the stuff by which all BBQs are judged against. Thick, juicy and tender, smoked goodness.

BTW, TxRdnec, your BBQ posts are some of my favorite in ARFcom. Bite some for me will ya?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Any man who will admit that he's not above drinking a Keystone Light is a man, indeed.

Having said that, I let that fermented yak urine touch my lips once..never again

It's like bottled beer...

In a CAN!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

OH NO YOU DI'INT!!!

Texas BBQ:  16 pound brisket
BBQ in Lockhart, Texas
Puller Pork
Katy Elks cookoff
Mashed-smoked-baked-taters with brisket
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gentlemen,
With all do respect, that is one fine looking cooker and some fine looking grilled beef

Bite your tongue, heathen!  Try 16 hour smoked beef brisket.

BTW, I do excellent pork butts and ribs as well.

You're going to have to use short sentences and small words; he's from North Cackalacky.
OMGBBQ!@!@uno!!!1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'm a practical person, and it is a question of semantics between "grilled" and "BBQ,"  or whatever you folks called it.  Personally I'm not that picky,  "Have fork will travel!"

Yep.  Don't care what you want to call it, just pass it on down.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Tag, while I wipe the drool off the keybord... and the fingerprints off the screen... fullclip
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Whoooo Hoooo!

PK, I've got a couple'a your pics in my desktop slideshow too. Hummmana hummana.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#42]
God Bless Texas!

a couple of pics from my last BBQ

Da Smoker

Brisket

Sausage and boneless ribs

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Is this the bbq that you were going to retrieve a couple of days ago or do you have an additional one?

And btw, stop..you are making me hungry...dinner is still about 2 hours away for me...mmmmmm
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  Don't care what you want to call it, just pass it on down.  

Great minds think alike.

BTW: the above quote is from an old 1957 TV show called
Have Gun - Will Travel, starring the late Richard Boone.

Professional gunfighter Paladin was a West Point graduate who, after the Civil War, settled into San Francisco's Hotel Carlton were he awaited responses to his business card: over the picture of a chess knight "Have Gun, Will Travel ... Wire Paladin, San Francisco."
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Holy crap!  How come none of my friends or family BBQ like you guys do?  Anytime they BBQ anything it's some wimpy little propane system cooking a couple of burgers.

Damn, I need myself some roast pigs and brisket and whatever other greasy delicious goodness is in those pics....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Holy crap!  How come none of my friends or family BBQ like you guys do?  Anytime they BBQ anything it's some wimpy little propane system cooking a couple of burgers.

Damn, I need myself some roast pigs and brisket and whatever other greasy delicious goodness is in those pics....

Must I say it?  "Cause everything's big in Texas!"
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

never underestimate the power of a small propane bbq

thanks for the use of it tex!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn that looks good TexRdnec,  When you get a chance please help me out and tell me how you do your briskets. I can smoke ribs and shoulders that'll melt in your mouth, but briskets never come out right for me.

My humble ribs

Cooked with wood
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#49]
okay boys, heres update #1

meat got here finally

heres my bag of tricks

marinating is done

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#50]
will start the fire at about 7:30.  brisket goes on at 9:00

that should put it done about 3 tomorrow afternoon.

ribs go on at 11:00, should put them done about 5 tomorrow afternoon.

will cook beer-assed chicken and fajitas on site, quick cookers.................
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top