Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:02:24 PM EDT
Anyone know an easy, no hassle way of obtaining footage aired by various networks. I'm specifically looking for game tape from some sporting events. Can one just contact the network and pay a reasonable price for them to send a video/DVD? Anyone have experience doing this?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It may be more cost effective now but 7-8 years ago, the price was about $75 for a special order.  

holy shit... that's insane.... Wish I just had a damn Tivo for the past few years and recorded what I wanted. What exactly is the procedure for obtaining certain things? Do most networks have department that handles this sort of thing or is it uncommon?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm afraid you're going to be shocked at the cost.

NFL games are owned by the NFL, and the other sports are handled the same. It will also depend on your use of the footage.

http://www.sportstvproduction.com/articles/publish/article_108.shtml

This article will put you in the right(s) direction.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If the price is something you are unwilling to pay, there are place and programs on the internet with which you can download stuff for free. Although what you want may or may not be available, it just depends if there was someone out there that thought it was worth ripping and putting online.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top