Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:34:35 AM EDT
Hi guys.  I am looking into a single point sling for my new SBR and had a few questions.

First, what are the advantages of a single point sling?

How do you attach the sling to your body?

What happens to the rifle when you lean over?  Do you hold it to your body with one hand?

I would love to see some single point set-ups, especially in use/attached to a person.

Please post pics

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The advantage is that it is highly manuverable. You give up some comfort and stability though. For a rifle class that has lots of transistions to weak side, it will serve you well. For holding the rifle all day long long, day in and day out, a three point may work better for you.

ETA:  Get both!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
any photos of single point set-ups??
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

its pretty simple, get some 550 cord and tie it to the buttstock than use a D ring to attach it to your gear, such as IBA or LBV.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's a Specter MOUT sling on a Midwest Industries adapter.  The weapon is at it's natural state of rest in the picture, my hand is just resting on the pistol-grip.  It's hard to make out, but the sling just continues under my left armpit and up my back.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool, thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
They bean you in the man-sack when you transition. 2-point (IDF) or 3-point for me, por favour.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hi guys.  I am looking into a single point sling for my new SBR and had a few questions.

First, what are the advantages of a single point sling?

The allow more room on the front end to mount stuff

How do you attach the sling to your body?

? It goes around your body like any other tactical sling

What happens to the rifle when you lean over?  Do you hold it to your body with one hand?

it flops alloverthefucking place, when you transition on the move, it flops all overthefucking place, best bet is to sling it off to your weak side/rear

I would love to see some single point set-ups, especially in use/attached to a person.

Please post pics

I personally hate things... A good 3-point will offer you more options to carry and will not let the rifle flop alloverthefucking place when you move... If you have gear on, the 2-point "tactical" slings are the ticket as they don't cover up pouches

my opinion, YMMV.. Single points are like the new "fad" there is a specific reason to use one, just like the forward pistol grips

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would suggest a lack of training is involved if hitting yourself, as an object does little other than what its directed to....

Exactly, and when said object is directed to swing precariously close to my 'SBR', problems ensue.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
As gunslinger stated it's awesome for mobility.....    you just need too pay attention too your weapons position...  or ellllllse ......

Can't really see a 3p' on a commando or anything shorter thou...  welp... too each his own i guess...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top