Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:08:10 PM EDT
Hi,

I have an interview set up for a Banking Management position on Wednesday. It will be a role paying interview on coaching an associate. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what I can expect or how they appraoch this? I have been through several phone interviews and an assessment already. The company is Bank of America. Any thoughts on them as a company if you are employed by them?

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell the role player to give the customer crappy service and excessive and unwarranted charges. It seems to be what BofA wants out of their employees.

(Bitter about the screwing I received from BofA? Me?)

Anyway, presumably they'll have the other half of the role-playing team acting up somehow, so they'll be watching how you handle that. Probably they'll have you explain something, and the role player won't get it. Maybe they'll give you a bit of attitude. Is this a technical position? Management?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tell the role player to give the customer crappy service and excessive and unwarranted charges. It seems to be what BofA wants out of their employees.

(Bitter about the screwing I received from BofA? Me?)

Anyway, presumably they'll have the other half of the role-playing team acting up somehow, so they'll be watching how you handle that. Probably they'll have you explain something, and the role player won't get it. Maybe they'll give you a bit of attitude. Is this a technical position? Management?

It is Management.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
DRAW DOWN .

I can't belive I am the first .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
DRAW DOWN .

I can't belive I am the first .

As much as that ARFCOM tradition I am not sure it is applicable here. But then again maybe I will wait until Thursday to know for sure.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Role playing?

pfft, heckwiththat....they're gonna hafta come up with some serious raise money and benifits to get me in one of those skimpy maid outfits.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Somehow I don't feel all that much more prepared for the process.
Thanks 82ndAbn and Mcgredo
Kodiak will have to wait for a thanks until Thrusday if a draw down is needed.
and GoVol98 thats just wrong man..... There is not that much money to get me in a maid outfit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Another silly hoop that HR goons put you through to justify their unnecessary overpaid jobs.

Sorry, no help ... just venting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Role playeing is easy . Just get into the right mindset and go .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Role playeing is easy . Just get into the right mindset and go .

[bloodninja]Oh yeah, aight. Aight, I put on my robe and wizard hat.[/bloodninja]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep in mind that "coaching" is often a synonym for repremanding and employee for misconduct.  Be prepared to deal with the associated bullshit that this has to offer.  Play nice, and good luck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Keep in mind that "coaching" is often a synonym for repremanding and employee for misconduct.  Be prepared to deal with the associated bullshit that this has to offer.  Play nice, and good luck.

Oh yeah,

In my previous employment, before I semi retired, I was a manager there for 13 years. I have dealt with many different issues regarding both coaching styles. I have not sat through an interview with a role playing though. That is why I was looking for ideas or thoughts from others who have. This would also be a major change for me in career path as well. I semi retired last July and have enjoyed my time off with my children. Kind of a being in touch with their lives again. I used to work anywhere from 70-100 hours per week. This opportunity appears to be a 40 hour work week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top