User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
the fake touchdown -7 Steelers
1 yard catch that was called off for holding +7 for Seahawks

plus lots of momentum and steam spent by Seahawks over the horrendous Zebra calls.

Don't forget the holding call, that wasn't.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Can someone post some of the WAAAAAMBULANCE pics.... I really, REALLY, need to get them!!  I rode in one when MF Holmgren left GB but now I need to pass it on to some of teh plucked 'hawks fans...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lets face it.  The referees were as neutral as my cold beer is piss warm after the callings 'cause I couldn't drink no more.  What a bad game.  RANT RANT RANT

Ahhhh...You were drinking.  That explains alot.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Who else wasn't?  Anybody?

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lets face it.  The referees were as neutral as my cold beer is piss warm after the callings 'cause I couldn't drink no more.  What a bad game.  RANT RANT RANT

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't drink.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The point is, there was no TD without the refs fucking the call up.

....life in pro-sports.

Let's see if the actual players handle it better, and with more dignity, than their whiny fans.

Good, now we have you admitting that bad calls are part of sports...  There is hope for you yet.  We've gone from deferring to their judgement because they are superbowl refs to admitting bad calls are part of pro-sports.  And yeah, I expect the players to handle it better.  They are in the public eye and are expecting to take one for the League.  I'm under no such constraints and will call a bullshit game when I see one.

And nope, not a Seahawk fan.  Did not watch a single game all season of anybody.  If I cheer for anybody, its New England.  And being an East Coaster, Pitt would be the team I would likely cheer for if I was pulling for anybody.  Seattle got the shaft.

That's pretty obvious
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't drink.

Didn't say you did.  Just explains away him.

The level of bitterness over three bad penalty calls is unreal.  I don't think
the Giants fans even sobbed like this when they got REALLY hosed on a DPI non call
a few years back that DID lose them the chance to get to the playoffs.

I gotta get some sleep.  I'm done with this thread.  I'm sure I'll have the next month to
listen to the simpering of bitter Seattle fans.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

....life in pro-sports.

Let's see if the actual players handle it better, and with more dignity, than their whiny fans.

Good, now we have you admitting that bad calls are part of sports...  There is hope for you yet.  We've gone from deferring to their judgement because they are superbowl refs to admitting bad calls are part of pro-sports.  And yeah, I expect the players to handle it better.  They are in the public eye and are expecting to take one for the League.  I'm under no such constraints and will call a bullshit game when I see one.

No such thing....

Simply stating that if you can't overcome things that happen on the field, don't act all whiny and cry like schoolkids because you BELIEVE that you might have been wronged.  I am hoping that the Seattle players handle it better than all the people crying "foul".

It's life in pro sports.  You overcome the things that happen on the field.  Winners don't worry about that call.  They go out and make it NO DOUBT that they are WINNERS.

Losers cry about it, and dwell on it  -- winners WIN and then reflect on the things they overcame to win.

Seattle got the shaft.

Opinions and assholes, right?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Steelers fans can go to sleep tonight knowing they really do suck compared to Seattle ,but that the NFL officials have got there backs in the dirty polotics , bad calls game,
and that they are walking away with a title un-deserved and ROBBED away from the rightful owners. !

NFL officials calls are
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Steelers fans can go to sleep tonight knowing they really do suck compared to Seattle ,but that the NFL officials have got there backs in the dirty polotics , bad calls game,
and that they are walking away with a title un-deserved and ROBBED away from the rightful owners.

Yeah, I'm sure they are going to lose LOTS of sleep over a pro sports game that they WON....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

....life in pro-sports.

No such thing....

Simply stating that if you can't overcome things that happen on the field, don't act all whiny and cry like schoolkids because you BELIEVE that you might have been wronged.  I am hoping that the Seattle players handle it better than all the people crying "foul".

It's life in pro sports.  You overcome the things that happen on the field.  Winners don't worry about that call.  They go out and make it NO DOUBT that they are WINNERS.

Losers cry about it, and dwell on it  -- winners WIN and then reflect on the things they overcame to win.

Seattle got the shaft.

Opinions and assholes, right?

not whining ,I say fight for EVERY inch!!! especially if you deserve it!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and that they are walking away with a title un-deserved and ROBBED away from the rightful owners.

Yeah, I'm sure they are going to lose LOTS of sleep over a pro sports game that they NFL buddies and $$$ WON....

fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure they are going to lose LOTS of sleep over a pro sports game that they WON....

yuo mean WON or Robbed!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Seahawks played a better game and lost to the refs.

Thanks for the debate... as always, damn I love this place!  

You are starting to sound like a Florida Democrat....

Maybe we should have a "recount".......

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seahawks played a better game and lost to the refs.

Thanks for the debate... as always, damn I love this place!  

YOU would be the democrat, claiming something was right, when it was clearly wrong.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LOL another bad officiating episode, but at least that was a close race, this game wasn't even close to being close.  Seattle never had a chance...maybe the Reps wanted to trounce the Dems (Seattle)???

Another conspiracy theory
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#21]
The fix was in. Total bullshit calls. When John Madden and Steve Young say bullshit on 14 points worth that was robbed from the Seahawks it isn't speculation anymore.

Suck ass play by the Steelers. They were shellshocked after the first half but the refs had saved them. Refs had to get involved in the second half too. Most undeserved Superbowl in memory. Like the Russkies adding time back on the clock in Olympic basketball way back when.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
YOU would be the democrat, claiming something was right, when it was clearly wrong.

A grown man, a referee, was standing 2.5' from the play.  Signaled TD, I sided with him.

I saw the replay, and replayed it on my own DVR and I contend that the ball crossed the front edge of the plane while he was airborne.

Others agree here.

Most importantly, the linesman's boss, the head referee reviewed it for over 2 minutes and agreed that it was either a TD, or there was inconclusive evidence to overturn the call.

Think maybe Seattle should have scored a little more to negate the effects of anything that the Steelers put on the scoreboard?

Or maybe they should have sat down and pouted like many here are doing....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
the cunthair touchdown not that it made a difference
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The fix was in. Total bullshit calls. When John Madden and Steve Young say bullshit on 14 points worth that was robbed from the Seahawks it isn't speculation anymore.

Suck ass play by the Steelers. They were shellshocked after the first half but the refs had saved them. Refs had to get involved in the second half too. Most undeserved Superbowl in memory. Like the Russkies adding time back on the clock in Olympic basketball way back when.

+1, +1, +1,
there are not that many seahawk fans out there but zillions of steelers fans and still people see through all the bullshit ref. calls and know who should have won
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
...and know who should have won

Then put up 50 points and make certain you DO win.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Hollow victory
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey I didn't even know the Seahawks existed before this game  Well, maybe a little exaggerated, but I have no reason to cheer for Seattle or Pitts.

I only cheer for Vicks (apparently it's Vicks and not "Hawks")  Go Vicks!  Michael boy!  The one man football machine!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Neither superbowl team appeals to me, but I know a bullshit call and ya'll should too!
Damn wake up!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll tell 'ya what, this is my team. I'm not a huge sports fan but for the first time in my life I had a team in the superbowl.

Should Seattle have won? probably not.

It would've been nice to find out though.

It should have been one hell of a game.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I am a KC Chiefs fan so I could care less who won.  Although I will admidt I would have liked to have seen Seattle win.  It was obvious though that the Steelers were going to win this game no matter what.  Every drive that started to build momentum for Seattle was killed by a penalty.  The Darrell Jackson pass interference call was ticky tacky at best.  How the hell does Matt Hasselbeck get called for a block below the waist when he is the one trying to make the tackle.  Funny how the Steelers never got called for a single holding penalty all game.  The media and NFL pushed the Steelers on us for 2 weeks with little if anything about the Seahawks.  Did anyone else notice the promos of the players holding the Lombardi trophy talking about it.  Every time one of these promos came on it was a Steeler.  The first time one showed a Seahawk was when they scored to make it 14-10 and even then the promo was a Steeler/Seahawk one.  Horribly officated game and a horribly officiated playoffs in both the AFC & NFC.  NE Patriots had bad calls that killed them.  The Steelers had a call that nearly cost them the game against the Colts.  There were several other bad calls throughout the playoffs that the officials need to be liable for.  Thank god Jerome Bettis retired, if I have to hear one more time about how he blah blah blah.  I wish "The Bus" would have gotten hit by a bus.  Fuck the NFL this year.   For Christ sakes please find some half time entertainment that one isn't about to die, two doesn't suck, and three sounds good.  That had to be one of the worst halftime shows of all time.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
There were some bad penalties called.

The OPI was bad.
The holding call on that ORT was bad
The low-hitting penalty was bad.

BUT

Good teams can overcome these things.

The Steelers had to overcome the most awfully officiated
game in the history of the NFL to even get to this point.

Jeremy Stevens should try catching the ball.

Seattle recievers need to realize that you need to drag two feet in order for a
touchdown to be called a touchdown.

ETA:  The Rothlesburger TD was a tossup.  Looked like he got in to me.  Either way,
it would've been 4th and a milimeter.  I'm betting they could've gotten it in.  If not, a FG
still gives Pitt the win.  Get the hell over it.

Wow look at who is crying here .

Overall, the game was terrible. Yes the better team won but that doesnt mean anything. You would expect the best officials at the superbowl, I guess this year they pulled the worst ones.

Oh well, doesnt change a thing for me

<---------------------------
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
............................................. For Christ sakes please find some half time entertainment that one isn't about to die, two doesn't suck, and three sounds good.  That had to be one of the worst halftime shows of all time.  

No shit, I was mad, it sucked, royally sucked. AFN sucks too, no Fing commercials
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#33]
It was Bush's fault.

The Haliburton game-fixing machine was running at full speed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Five rings

Seahawks
Denver
Colts
Bengals

Big thanks to the Chicago Bears

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#35]
The Seahawks were robbed. So were the Steelers. The Steelers know they didn't play championship football and they will find that the win will be tainted till the day they die. F'in refs should be banned from football.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#36]
The Offensive Pass Interference call was correct.  Was it the most egregious push-off in the history of the NFL?  No, but if you push off in the end-zone right in front of a referee, you'd better believe he's going to throw a flag.

The call on the Rothlisberger touchdown was iffy. From one angle it is clear that the edge of the football crossed the plane before he hit the ground.  From another angle it looks like it didn't.  The Steelers won by more than seven points so that didn't give them the game.

The call against Hasselbeck for a low block was complete idiocy.  But it didn't matter (unless you consider it a morale-killer) because when Hines Ward caught that pass off of the reverse, nobody was going to catch him, even if he had to run an extra fifteen yards.

The Seahawks lost because they couldn't finish drives with touchdowns.  When you dominate time of possession for the first half of the game and only come out of it with three points, you have no one to blame but yourselves.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The Steelers know they didn't play championship football and they will find that the win will be tainted till the day they die.

Yeah, but hopefully they'll be able to dull the pain with all the money and women that will be tossed in their direction.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The offensive passing interference call was the steamiest load of shit in the history of the Super Bowl. The ref wasn't even moving for the flag until the defender started to bitch and moan. Steve Young said it was a clean touchdown pure and simple.

The Seattle pass to the one was called back for holding. Madden said that was crap.

This game is forever going to be analyzed from the perspective of referees changing the outcome.

The Nevada Gaming Commission should check into this it was so blatant. The NFL apparently can't be trusted in the friggen Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Didn't vegas have the Steelers by 11?

I don't know if it changed the outcome, but it sure took all the fun out of what should have been a fine game.

It is too bad the Seattle coaching staff blew it so bad under the pressure and anger about it all, muddies the situation up pretty bad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
best team won........today

Yep..With a lot of help from their friends.

SG

FUCKIN' please....

~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#41]
ESPN: #1 vote recipient on "What was most memorable about Super Bowl 40?" ... with 20,000 votes the winner is: "Poor Officiating". Amen
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
ESPN: #1 vote recipient on "What was most memorable about Super Bowl 40?" ... with 20,000 votes the winner is: "Poor Officiating". Amen

Yeah,
West Coast cry-babies....  Wait until the East Coast gets out of bed.  So, the same officials that wanted the Steelers OUT of the playoffs ended up GIVING the Steelers SB-XL.  

Whatever,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The Offensive Pass Interference call was correct.  Was it the most egregious push-off in the history of the NFL?  No, but if you push off in the end-zone right in front of a referee, you'd better believe he's going to throw a flag.

The call on the Rothlisberger touchdown was iffy. From one angle it is clear that the edge of the football crossed the plane before he hit the ground.  From another angle it looks like it didn't.  The Steelers won by more than seven points so that didn't give them the game.

The call against Hasselbeck for a low block was complete idiocy.  But it didn't matter (unless you consider it a morale-killer) because when Hines Ward caught that pass off of the reverse, nobody was going to catch him, even if he had to run an extra fifteen yards.

The Seahawks lost because they couldn't finish drives with touchdowns.  When you dominate time of possession for the first half of the game and only come out of it with three points, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Thank you....
The voice of reason.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you....
The voice of reason.
~Dg84

I have my moments.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Hell ,it's not the east coast or west coast, it's just a really shitty called game and Seattle (the much better team) got ROBBED!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Hmm.  I can't tell if this WAAAMBULANCE is more or less agregious than the USC WAAAMBULANCE.  

Get a grip.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Some of us crying bullshit are on the East Coast.. get a worthy argument and come back.

Ok, What call?  Give it to me... What call did the Ref's make that stole the game.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#49]
fuck the steelers, they played really shitty football today and don't deserve crap. was most horrible called game I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some of us crying bullshit are on the East Coast.. get a worthy argument and come back.

Ok, What call?  Give it to me... What call did the Ref's make that stole the game.
~Dg84

The pushoff that wasn't and the low tackle that wasn't, that's most likely two TDs (1st and 1, and a TD) and the margin of victory right there.

It woulda been a much better game, no matter who won.

'Hawks embarrassed themselves by letting it rattle them and blowing whole sequences while the clock was ticking, neither team played particularly well, but some of that is due to the lousy calls breaking up the rythm of the game.

The cunt-hair TD was a judgement call, doesn't bother me, but the judgement calls and BS calls all went one way, that does.

I don't care much who won, yeah I'm from WA but I'm not a football fan. This is the one Game I've watched all year, in many years in fact.  I wanted to see a GAME, and it woulda been a fantastic game if the officials had only done their job.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top