Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:01:41 AM EDT
I know this video has been out for God knows how long and someone will without a doubt scream dupe, but I just saw it for the first time and thought it was worth people watching it.

Warning: There are a few graphic pictures in this flash video.

www.pitbullproblem.tk/
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw this a while back.  It really goes against all the usual nonsense about how vicious pitbulls are.  

My girlfriend has a cousin that breeds them for a living and they're some of the best dogs out there.  

ETA - One of the dogs on the video is hers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]
A budy of mine has one.  

It's a mean son-of-a-bitch, it ate my ice cream when I wasn't looking, and the dog just looked at me like "Were you going to eat that, my bad."

And if you're not careful he'll lick you to death or kill you with his breath.  His farts have been know to start exterminations of whole species.

I've never seen a dog so babied before.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm Ill stick with boxers. Never met a pit or chow I would trust around my kids
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Never met a pit or chow I would trust around my kids

+1
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine has been known to trample my feet doing the supper time happy dance. She will also ruthlessly do her best to push you off the couch. And the worst thing is that she knows where the AC return is--she naps there. She farts in her sleep.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/HeroicPitties/HeroicPitties.htm
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#8]
My Dad bought me a full blood pit bull when I was born.  Chena and I were the best of friends.  She was the best dog we ever had.  She would watch my baby brother and I when we were outside playing.  If we went out of bounds, she would gently herd us back to where we belonged.  I can't tell you how many times we pulled, yanked and otherwise loved on that dog.  Not once did she so much as growl at us.  Chena was also a great guard dog.

She died when I was eight, I still miss her.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I doubt anyone on this site really believes pitbulls are any more dangerous than black rifles.
***WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER BREEDS OR OTHER FIREARMS***
even though adding this part probably makes the statement harder to understand, Larry needs it to be there so he can comprehend it. So now, it's all fixed for him and he can crawl back out of my ass.

The problem is with people who have not a damn bit of sense. The fact that a video like this has to be produced in the first place, is fucking pathetic.

But just like guns, the solution is to ban... and not address the real issue, which is the fucked up members of society.  Instead the fucked up individual who commits any crime is just a victim in need of help.

In my opinion, anyone fucking with dogs, either by mistreatment, or by spouting bullshit and trying to have a breed banned... is a hell of alot worse than the anti-gunners. We, the gun owners, can at least defend ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I have friends that have about 20 pit-bulls collectively. They are some of the best trained, most obedient dogs I have seen. They are pretty big and strong though. The only injury I have received from a pitbull is scratches on my arm from when I would walk into one of their houses and the dogs get all excited and jump on me. When I get a dog it will be a pitbull
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#12]
All of the pit bulls that I have come in contact with have been decent dogs, good temperment, etc.

I do have a general question about the breed.

You always hear "they were bred to fight". Is this a more modern use for the dog or have they been bred for 100s of years for another use like hunting, guarding, etc?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Pit bulls....don't like 'em. Probably never will. Won't let 'em near the kids.
AK-47's....don't like 'em. Probably never will.  Won't let 'em near the kids.

Shouldn't ban either on principle. If, like myself, you don't like something...don't buy it.

Labs and AR's on the other hand........BUY BOTH
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I doubt anyone on this site really believes pitbulls are any more dangerous than black rifles. The problem is with people who have not a damn bit of sense. The fact that a video like this has to be produced in the first place, is fucking pathetic.

But just like guns, the solution is to ban... and not address the real issue, which is the fucked up members of society.  Instead the fucked up individual who commits any crime is just a victim in need of help.

In my opinion, anyone fucking with dogs, either by mistreatment, or by spouting bullshit and trying to have a breed banned... is a hell of alot worse than the anti-gunners. We, the gun owners, can at least defend ourselves.

Like I said above never met a pit or chow I would trust my kids around but thats a personal choice. Have to agree with everything you said though I dont want to see them banned just like I dont want my 4 yearl old walking around with my ebr's
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#15]
If your friendly, family dog gets out and attacks me or anyone around me, I will still kill it, regardless of past history, breeding, or blindly ignorant intarweb videos.  And then I will immediately file a criminal complaint and a consequent lawsuit.  Start packing, I will take your house, just for your choice in friendly dogs.  

I have a neighbor with a house dog pit bull.  It gets out in the front yard once in a while.  I am sure it is the most friendly dog in the world, when supervised.  I am sure it will attack in a New York minute if the door was accidentally left open.

If that was money, you could take it to the bank.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I doubt anyone on this site really believes pitbulls are any more dangerous than black rifles. The problem is with people who have not a damn bit of sense. The fact that a video like this has to be produced in the first place, is fucking pathetic.

Excellent points, gonzo. I owned a Pit back in high school. Most loving, caring dog I've ever had. The only time I ever was scared of her was when I'd come home from school and she'd come tearing out of the house at about 90mph to bombard me with sloppy kisses.

She passed away right before I headed off to college. God I miss her.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#17]
It is sad to see what man does to an animal, whether a pit bull or any other, but that does not make an animal safe. Too many humans portray human emotions and expectations on animals, only to be disappointed when an animal act like an animal.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#18]
That always messes with me.  I used to be the Brady's of pitbull banning.  Then my ex got one.  Sweetest dog I've ever seen, now I love em
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I believe all animanls behavior can be reflected on the environment it grows up in. Pit bulls are not the only dogs that get a bad rap.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Mine has been known to trample my feet doing the supper time happy dance. She will also ruthlessly do her best to push you off the couch. And the worst thing is that she knows where the AC return is--she naps there. She farts in her sleep.

Pitbull farts are biohazards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#21]
There are no bad dogs, just dumb-ass humans.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Pit bulls....don't like 'em. Probably never will. Won't let 'em near the kids.
AK-47's....don't like 'em. Probably never will.  Won't let 'em near the kids.

Shouldn't ban either on principle. If, like myself, you don't like something...don't buy it.

Labs and AR's on the other hand........BUY BOTH

Labs are actually responsible for more ER visits than pitbulls per capita.  I do get the feeling though that the majority of them both are from playing to rough.  I'd rather be on the recieving end of a pissed of lab than a pissed of pitty though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh Lord, I guess it's time for yet another ARFCOM pitbul bashing. The usuals with their infinite wisdom will be around shortly.
I found my Pit under a car in a parking lot. I didn't know what breed she was. She grew into a fantastic dog. She's been babied like you wouldn't believe, and she is incredibly loving and loyal.
I guess I don't know what I'm talking about though. There will be some folks to explain how wrong I am soon.

Let the bashing commence. I'm going outside to play with my pit and my daughter(Gasp! In the same yard no less, and the pit will even be off her leash! I hope my daughter doesn't get too many lickings.)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
All of the pit bulls that I have come in contact with have been decent dogs, good temperment, etc.

You always hear "they were bred to fight". Is this a more modern use for the dog or have they been bred for 100s of years for another use like hunting, guarding, etc?

They were bred to control bulls, hence the name pitbulls, they DO have very strong jaws capable of locking onto a bulls snout and hanging on no matter how hard he tries to throw them.  The do NOT have locking jaws.  They don't even have the most powerful bit for a dog.  But they LOVE springpolls.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Our APBT is a great animal.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's my lil boy. He's 6 mo. old in these pics. I drove from Michigan to Philidelphia to get him. I'm so glad I did. He really is well behaved and he has not yet so much as growled at anyone or any thing. He loves other dogs and kids. The reputation that Pit Bulls have because of the media is really tragic. These are GREAT dogs.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]
One other thing for the pitbull bashers.  Animal aggression and human aggression are two totally different things.  Pitbulls are bred to be animal aggressive.  It is routed in there original purpose.  They are a "working" dog.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Here's my lil boy. He's 6 mo. old in these pics. I drove from Michigan to Philidelphia to get him. I'm so glad I did. He really is well behaved and he has not yet so much as growled at anyone or any thing. He loves other dogs and kids. The reputation that Pit Bulls have because of the media is really tragic. These are GREAT dogs.

homepage.mac.com/mmanus/.Pictures/Kobi6.jpg
homepage.mac.com/mmanus/.Pictures/Kobi5.jpg
homepage.mac.com/mmanus/.Pictures/Kobi4.jpg
homepage.mac.com/mmanus/.Pictures/Kobi3.jpg
homepage.mac.com/mmanus/.Pictures/Kobi2.jpg

That's a damn fine looking pit.

I know that the Flash video is far from being objective. I merely believe that any type of animal is a product of its master. If you beat the shit out of a pit , treat it like crap, and teach it to attack people, it will obviously become a dangerous creature. That is no different from a boxer or a lab. Treat them with love and you'll be left with a loving companion.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

They were bred to fight other dogs. Seeing how the owners were in the pit during the fight and had to pull the dogs apart, ANY sign of aggression towards people (even when badly injured) would result in the dog being immediately culled.

Now people breed for size rather than tempermant--so you get inferior dogs. The breed that I got my dog from raised and bred fighting dogs when it was legal. He bred for tempermant rather than appearance.

They are VERY strong dogs--while their toughness might make them a good match for kids who play rough, the fact that they can knock an adult flat on their ass remains something to be considered.

My dogs stay in my backyard and house. I have a very secure fence and locked gates--not wooden privacy fencing or chainlink, but 6 ' block wall. The one time they did get out (a 20' section of wall blew down in a microburst) they jumped in my neighbor's truck and refused to get out. When I walk them I keep them on a short leash--not because I don't trust them, but because I don't want anyone afraid of them.

And if they attacked someone (outside the yard--you jump my fence and you're kibble--that's THEIR territory) I would shoot them myself.

I don't know if I would get another one though. To say they're energetic is to say that Ted Kennedy is only a little bit of an asshole. I think my next dog will be something more socially acceptable. Like a Dobie or Malinois. Something not associated with hysterical news stories.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I was over at my neighbors one night, sitting talking with one of them while her kids played on the floor.  Their dog wandered over and laid down near my feet.

A few minutes later, the dog put its head on my foot.  I scratched her and she moved her head back to the floor.

A minute later, she did it again.  Then I noticed that the baby was chewing on her tail.  Oops.  

I don't know *how* the dog didn't go bonkers and kill us all.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ummmm Ill stick with boxers. Never met a pit or chow I would trust around my kids

A few minutes with mine would change your mind.

Pitbulls are like any other dog, they are what you make them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I have the cutest, most lovable pit bull in the world, and I would trust him around anyone and anything...except my dinner.  I would post pics, but I haven't quite figured that out or tried yet, but maybe soon.  To me, anyone who says that they don't trust their children around them is just as bad as someone saying they wouldn't trust their children around a black person...it's sad, and I think you're just as bad as the people who fight them and give them a bad name.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Test posting of my APBT pics.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I worked in an animal shelter as a volunteer.  Dogs like that are scary.  

Believe it or not, my GF's German shepherd is actually a very nice dog(and I've heard of German shepherds are very aggressive dogs)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Believe it or not, my GF's German shepherd is actually a very nice dog(and I've heard of German shepherds are very aggressive dogs)

The ones in the shelter are the neglected and maltreated ones, which sadly means they are ripe for bad behavior.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#37]
pits get all the bad reputation and press, but its the rotties that are the worst.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ones in the shelter are the neglected and maltreated ones, which sadly means they are ripe for bad behavior.

Yep, I worked dog rescue for several months and the mistreated ones are always bad.  Sheps don't have aggression problems, they have stupid owner problems.  My mother used to run a GSD kennel.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+1

AB
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
There are no bad dogs, just dumb-ass humans.

A dog is no smarter than it's owner as well.

AB
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#41]
ALL the large breeds get bad raps because all the wanna be "bad asses" get them and make them mean. THey then breed these angry, agressive dogs, and you get many, many more aggressive dogs.

EVERY person I know who got their large breed dog(Pits, Rottie, Bull Mastiff, etc) from breeders with good reps have had ZERO problems with their dogs. These same owners put the time and love into the dogs and realize up front that a large breed dog is a handfull.

It's not the bad dogs-it is dumbfuck owners for the most part. Now and then you will get a dog born with a bad attitude-but so are humans.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#42]
its all our fault.

http://www.slate.com/id/2132199/

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I always thought of pits being ill tempered and vicious and refused to even talk about getting one. My fiancé had one as a kid and wanted another. One night my fiancé called and wanted to bring home a puppy she found beside the road. She said it’s brindle and looks like a boxer. Well I was raised with boxers so I said bring him home.

When he first walked through the door I knew he wasn’t a boxer. After several vet bills and a removed sock from his stomach (hence the reason he was beside the road) and some loving care, we have one of the greatest dogs I have ever been around. All of my family was asking what I was going to do with him when he gets older. Now everyone adores this dog. I have to admit I was wrong in judging a breed by hearsay. I’m glad she tricked me. Heck he even loves on the cat...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#44]
ok, this is my pit...and my first attempt at posting a picture on the site, so I'm apologizing in advance if it fails...

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
ok, this is my pit...and my first attempt at posting a picture on the site, so I'm apologizing in advance if it fails...

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/Guardian_Demon/IMG_4615.jpg

Picture looks good on this end. Great looking pit.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks, he's the reason I came up with this screen name because his name is Demon.
he likes to eat dirt sometimes...

this was back when he was cute...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Im not a big fan of Pit Bulls.  There is definately both nature and nurture that makes up a dogs personality - but too many pit bulls were bred for their agressiveness.

Their statistics of pitbulls being 4th from the bottom in bites is a BULLSHIT statistic. There are WAY more labs and retreivers out there, thus more bites. And while any dog may bite, I havent heard of a lab mauling a kid to death.

That said, I rescued two dogs that were on a busy street one day. One was a golder retriever mix, and the other one I really liked. I called her Foxy Brown, as she was  a brown, short haired dog. But - I thought she was part pit bull. She was a sweet dog - but STRONG. I couldnt get her ass into a cage.

Good news is, we found the owner 2 days later (hole in the fence and went after some squirrels). And while I cant say I like pit bulls, Ol' Foxy was a sweety (though she was a mix).
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Oh Lord, I guess it's time for yet another ARFCOM pitbul bashing. The usuals with their infinite wisdom will be around shortly.
I found my Pit under a car in a parking lot. I didn't know what breed she was. She grew into a fantastic dog. She's been babied like you wouldn't believe, and she is incredibly loving and loyal.
I guess I don't know what I'm talking about though. There will be some folks to explain how wrong I am soon.

Let the bashing commence. I'm going outside to play with my pit and my daughter(Gasp! In the same yard no less, and the pit will even be off her leash! I hope my daughter doesn't get too many lickings.)

is it really bashing when its fact?

"In 2000, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported that 25 breeds of dogs were involved in 238 fatal dog bites from 1979-1998. More than 50% of the deaths for which the breed was known were caused by Pit Bull type dogs and Rottweilers"

There may be "good" pitbulls but they are a very aggresive breed of  dog.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Let me preface that I am not fot the banning of any breed.

Having said that, aggression is a trait and like all traits can accentuated or deminished with selective breeding.  

Most dogs will be well behaved with even a mediocre adult owner, but can be very different when they are alone with children.  Especially toddlers.  

My position is that all behavior is determined by genes and environment.   People who argue its all one or the other haven't been keeping up with modern biology, ethology, and psychology.

And finally,  I co-owned a wolf-malamute mix with a girlfriend.  I would not recommend owning one unless you had a lot of land and no chilluns that you want to keep.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I doubt anyone on this site really believes pitbulls are any more dangerous than black rifles

ANY dog is more dangerous than ANY rifle, period.  That comparison is just downright dumb.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top