Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 9:29:03 PM EDT
He did a show in MT tonight, so me and a couple of buddies decided to go see it.  Good show - the majority of it was new or off the cuff stuff that you don't see in the Blue Collar Comedy tour shows.  Definitely worth it, and a good time was had by all.  

I don't know how that guy does it - he brought a bottle of scotch onstage, then drank somewhere between a third and a half of it, while smoking three or four cigars...  

A couple of times he got to hacking and coughing and I thought he was gonna fall out, but he just kinda blinks, resets, and keeps going.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw him in San Francisco. I couldn't believe how well recepted he was there.. The Conservatives musta come out from the woodworks to see him, because there certainly weren't any liberals there (aside from the jackass who opened for him)
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have only seen him on the comedy network but he is funny as hell, I would love to see him live!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Does he actually drink scotch, or is it a prop that looks like scotch and is actually something like green iced tea?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I missed a chance to see him when he came near here. I won't make that mistake again
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does he actually drink scotch, or is it a prop that looks like scotch and is actually something like green iced tea?

I'm inclined to believe that it's Scotch.  I've never seen green tea potent enough to make you slur before.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
He is going to be in Nashville this month.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Tonight he said he was heading for Fairbanks, AK tomorrow - which entailed a long story about Eskimos and his opinion on how attractive they were.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I really wish he would come to Central Florida...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really wish he would come to Central Florida...

TaterSalad.com has his schedule. Not soon for us in FLA, but others can get in
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#10]
He is funny.  I like his shows.

Max
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw him in Dayton.

It was annoying with every hick in the entire club chanting the punch lines from his jokes and then laughing themselves onto the floor as if it were the first time they'd heard the joke.

White people at comedy clubs....

He was stinking drunk BTW.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:08:11 AM EDT
[#12]
He is a neighbor of my brother.  He drinks Johnny Walker Blue and does have an English Bulldog named Sluggo.  He plays alot of golf and (I've never met him) ats like a regular guy to all the neighbors.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He is a neighbor of my brother.  He drinks Johnny Walker Blue and does have an English Bulldog named Sluggo.  He plays alot of golf and (I've never met him) ats like a regular guy to all the neighbors.

Oooh, Johnny Walker Blue is soooo good....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw him Charleston last year.  He's good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Was dissapointed in the 2nd BCCT since everyone else had new material and most of his was a repeat from the 1st one.  Have his CD, like it a lot.  Good to hear he has some new material.  Wonder how long until we hear  about a heart attack or rehab for Mr. White though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oooh, Johnny Walker Blue is soooo good....

+1

good stuff
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm inclined to believe that it's Scotch.  I've never seen green tea potent enough to make you slur before.

It's a prop(most likely juice or tea) and the slurring is an act. Dean Martin was doing the same thing 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#18]
He is howlingly funny.  I laughed til I had tears running down my face.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny guy.  Must be great to see him in person.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#20]
It's apple juice. Pretty well known. Reguardless, he's funny as hell.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I spent a weekend in bed with the flu about a month ago and got to watch both Blue Collar Comedy Tours. They were both pretty good. Ron White is a nut.

Those guys probably have the best jobs in show business.

-Scott
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw him a while back in Jacksonville and was disappointed because his exact was an exact duplicate of his CD routine. I'd like to see his act again with new material.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#24]
"Revealed half-way into his act, the truth about White’s scotch came out when he let one of the audience members try a shot from his bottle. As it turns out, it was apple juice."

true story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top