Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Not for me directly, how about sending a 3 year old cancer survivor (AML) and her sister and brother to Disneyland so that she can see the Princess's.  Insurance will take care of her medical problems, she is totally deaf in her right ear from treatment, and a few other assorted problems....

Three pic's to help:

First, about six months after treatment, back in the hospital...

And a pic of her now with the guy who saved her life....

And one last one for fun.....

If not that cool, I'll find another way.....Oh yeah, average price is about $6-$8 grand....And you don't want to see the during treatment pic's.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep your money. Thanks anyway.

If you could just send me a decent job I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm so freakin broke it ain't funny!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I could honestly use $25,000.

So I can pay off enough debt(accrued while I was in the Army putting mrsstinger through college) to get the f*ck out of Kuwait and back home to see my two kids. Haven't seen them since May 3, 2005.

I'd have enough left to fix up my home a little for mrsstinger & the kids.

ETA: I've got pride but that kind of goes out the window when it comes to being back together with my family...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I desperately need penis reduction surgery

Can I have your left-overs???

No problem, but I am not paying for the shipping.  

ETA:  I just saw the pics of the little girl above and feel like a jerk for even joking around.  If you can help someone who really needs it, please do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I need about 20 grand to hide out in mexico after I finish "my list"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Please send me 2.5 million so I can quit my job and buy a large ranch.  I will have more time to seee my kids grow up, and I'll have a nice range set up for you and any other Arfcommer you designate.  I'll name it ArfDogLand.    IM me so I can tell you where to send the check.

On second thought, just send a few bucks to the little girl who wants to go to Disneyland.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I need about 20 grand to hide out in mexico after I finish "my list"

Oh yeah?
Well my list is nothing but a piece of paper with your name on it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not for me directly, how about sending a 3 year old cancer survivor (AML) and her sister and brother to Disneyland so that she can see the Princess's.  Insurance will take care of her medical problems, she is totally deaf in her right ear from treatment, and a few other assorted problems....

all jokes aside, if you're serious about this Lawdog, then here's your winner.  

EPOCH
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
For $5000, I'll never insult your questionable lineage in the Team forum again.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's say lawdog is blowing smoke....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell I'm a poor college student with parents who will loose their major source of income in 11 months and counting...but if you passed up that little girl over me you need a smack up side the head.  No if you have lots and lots of cashola and you're giving to everyone...then send me about $10k.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Let's say lawdog is blowing smoke....

No kidding, but he said tell me your sad story......
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I desperately need penis reduction surgery

Can I have your left-overs???

No problem, but I am not paying for the shipping.  

ETA:  I just saw the pics of the little girl above and feel like a jerk for even joking around.  If you can help someone who really needs it, please do.

Don't feel bad for her, she'll never remember any of it, which it the silver lining in the black cancer cloud.  She only has about three scares on her body from it, one on her chest from the central line, one in her neck from inserting the central line near her heart, and the third behind her right ear from when her 7th nerve got infected and they had to do surgery to get facial movement back.  Other than have total hearing loss in her right ear and the scares, you would never know she had cancer.  She's doing great, other than a killer ear infection, in her left ear of course and a sinus infection.  All jokes aside from this thread, don't feel bad for her, my insurance picked up the $350,000 plus tab for the treatment, I only had to pay about $10,000 out of pocket.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Tell Sugar Daddy why you need the money.  How much-- what will it be used for-- why should you get it instead of someone else just as deserving???  Tell me your story.

lawdog

I need to pay for school.  I also need to figure out how I am going to pay for my travel this summer all over the country for track meets.  Hoping to make the olympic trials after I break the national record in the 1500m this spring. ETA: I am going to a University right now that costs 20k dollars a year.  I have a very small track scholarship because my coach (former olympic coach from Britian) believes that athletes should put school first, and that if they are good enough for him to coach they should be happy with his coaching without gettnig payed a lot for running at his school. I am going into debt about 15000 dollars a year.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I went blind after seeing this picture in another thread.

It might even have been you that posted that thread, but I

can't see so I guess I will never know.

I will now need a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

GM
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Hi Lawdog,

The most deserving are the sick children.  I didn't realize this world existed until we had one of our own.  

Ekie and I are hanging in there but we have met so many hurting families with critically ill children over the past 2 years.

Our son, just turned 2, has a severe heart defect, HLHS.  He is a superstar.....has had 2 major open heart surgeries, a fundo/g-tube surgery (his favorite way of eating is his feeding tube), many hospital stays, and awaits another open heart surgery when he reaches 30 pounds.  He will most likely need a heart transplant but our job is to love him, be his parents and support him until that happens and then go on and live.  

That being said, I don't worry about all the bills.  It's just a perfect day every day when all our children are on this side of heaven.  

If I ever had the money, I would give it to a deserving children's hospital, the Ronald McDonald House charities or the Children's Miracle Network charities....these have helped us so much and I am forever grateful for their good works.

My perfect dream is that my son will survive and be with us for a long time.  One doc said we had 6 years and that pissed me off so much, I never listened to him again.  

Our dream is to have a farmette...small farm, here in the Ozarks that we love so much.  To have our 4 children with us and especially our "special" son.  To be able to pay all the medical bills, to be able to just live, without worry.  It's a dream but we love that dream.

If you really do have money to give, please consider giving it to the children's hospitals and charities that help families like ours.  If you know of specific families, I'm sure they would also appreciate your kindness.

Mrs. Ekie
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
There are far more worthy causes above, but one arfcommer would be happy to pay off the pile of debt my ex left me with after 2 years of taking care of her after a disabling accident.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Lawdog shit or get off the pot!!

If you have the cash and the concern then you need to follow up on Gcp19,seams a little girl  with cancer that needs your help is what you are talking about !

If not then you might concider this is not a contest about needs!

If I were to win the Oklahoma lottery 185 mil(actual cash 85 mil)after IRS about 60 mil!

I would contact Paul Mc Cartneys wife as to where I could donate a Mil to help fit little (and adults)with artifical limbs !

I would give a Mil to Salvation Army,and a Mil to the Red Cross!

And a like donation to the Christians Childrens fund!

And I would Try to structure the rest of money that it might do the rest of the World good(cause I damn nighe know that I  would be haveing mucho fun)!!!

So do something or do nothing but quite posting about it!!

Meglomainia has it's cost!

Bob
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I really want a mid range 1911. Nothing fancy. Just at least a 5" barrel and adjustable target sights. Something 1/2 way accurate for Bullseye shooting.

I have my own business that is only a year old, and I have a kid on the way, so I dont see any new toys for a few years.

Never mind me. I will be fine.

I do have neurofibermitosis. I am lucky because I am just in constant pain and/or discomfort. But for some people (especailly kids) it can be life threatening.  It is a genetic disease that is VERY common (1 in 4000) but many people have little to no symtoms. This means two parents can be fine, and then have a kid with a leg that has to be cut off. If you want to learn more about go here:

ctf.org/

I am sure any thing you can give will help find a cure.

Here is my MRI:
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Give me all your God damn money or I'll blow your fucking brains out.

Subtlety is for pussies and communists.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#21]
because i only have five guns and have an M1A on layaway that i cannot currently pay off
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Pattymcn
or
The girl with cancer
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You got any Idea how small that target would be?

Bob
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got any Idea how small that target would be?

Bob

No Kidding.

I dont know of any rifles that can shoot at 1/1,000,000 MOA
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Where do I begin?

I bought my first gun a few months ago, just before I started school.

Parents didn't like the idea of me purchasing a gun, so they said I can buy my own books, and my own tuition. Not to mention car insurance and phone bills.

Well, books cost about $350 per semester. Tuition, after being adjusted by my scholarship, comes out to about $600 per semester. I've been trying to find a fine line of how many hours to work, and how many I should study. If I don't study enough, and fail a class, I lose my scholarship and then I'm really screwed.

Well, my boss decided to be a douchebag and now I work only 3 hours per week, and I'm doing oddjobs where possible. I also have yet to pay my tution, because I just had to pay two tickets (each about $100) because I was rushing from school to work. I also can hardly afford the commute to school (over 40 miles each way, 5 days a week).

To make things worse, the video card in my computer fried the day after the warranty ended. I gave away two of my spares a few weeks ago, and all I have left is a defunct piece of crap that wont display in a normal boot, so I'm running in safe mode.

So, I've been putting it off as long as possible, but I think I am going to have to sell the gun...which annoys me considerring how much money I will probably lose from the deal (considering I was stupid when I bought it, and paid $100 more than I should have.)

And now the girlfriend wants to go out for sushi.

Dammit,
Jonny boy

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I've been sick and a short vacation in the sunshine would do me well.  Patty

I change my vote and say give the $ to patty
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Three pic's to help:

First, about six months after treatment, back in the hospital...

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/gcpd19/Picture002.jpg

And a pic of her now with the guy who saved her life....

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/gcpd19/Picture064.jpg

And one last one for fun.....

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/gcpd19/F-AMWrdw1asmzFDCRCXbmj6E.jpg

If not that cool, I'll find another way.....Oh yeah, average price is about $6-$8 grand....And you don't want to see the during treatment pic's.

What a beautiful little girl.  I'll retract my post and offer to donate to her trip to Disneyland.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been sick and a short vacation in the sunshine would do me well.  Patty

I change my vote and say give the $ to patty

No the little girl to Disneyland.  I'll be just fine.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#30]
store.ar15.com/store/

send money here and tell them an attention whore badly needs an account.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#31]
My vote is for the Little Girl.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Doesn't mater, there is no money, no giveaway,and we all know lawdog is just an attention whore..
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Other than that, my problems in life are of my own making and I'm not going to beg for money.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBXDBACKUPGUN

Lawdog is this from your truck load of money?

That was meant I was in before you posted the

Cause I knew you would.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#35]
I need about 2K to get myself out of debt and not living less than paycheck to paycheck.  My first husband turned out to be a cross dresser, I divorced him after 7 years of trying to make it work.  We lost money on the house that we had bought together, so I got nothing from the divorce except my freedom.  I found myself an apartment and had joint custody of my son for the next 5 years.  I met my 2nd husband, who passed away from a brain tumor after we were married less than a year.  I had to have my son live with my ex husband and quit my job to take care of my husband at home until he died.  I'm now living less than paycheck to paycheck, trying to get ahead, and paying half of my income to my ex for child support.  I can't get ahead.  I'm always poor.  I worked a second job during Christmas to be able to afford X-mas presents for my son, but they didn't keep me on after the holiday season because I wouldn't work weekends so I could spend time with my son.  I work a full time job and make decent money, I just can never make ends meet, and I have no savings to fall back on.  I'm currently selling off the stuff in my closet on Ebay to try to make ends meet.

It would be nice to have a little in the bank to fall back on and have a bit of savings.

ETA..I know this is just a farce, just thought I'd do some math and see what it would take.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't mater, there is no money, no giveaway,and we all know lawdog is just an attention whore..

I vote for the little girl, too.

Come on Lawdog......ante up or STFU.

I would be pretty cool if you paid for that trip with your windfall.
Your money came from an insurance settlement, so use so to help a child.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd like to buy a ring for my girlfriend so I can propose.
Then, I'd like to fly all the team-members out to FL for the wedding.

But I think the little girl needs it most....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My first husband turned out to be a cross dresser, I divorced him after 7 years of trying to make it work.

Did you get mad at him for stretching out all of your panties?
j/k
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBXDBACKUPGUN

Lawdog is this from your truck load of money?

That was meant I was in before you posted the

Cause I knew you would.

I understand!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#40]
I need but a pittance.

A paltry sum.

You see, I have opted, this year (I have a self imposed yearly "allowance" for things such as this), to upgrade my toys, rather than buy new ones. As such, I have not been able to fill one small gap in my battery. I have some fun toys, and I have taken classes with some of them and been fortunate and blessed enough to address every need but one...

I do not have a hard-fit 1911.

I know, you might say, "Macman37... Why is this a need and not a want?" Well my friends, quality costs money, and whenever I've gotten close to the sum required to purchase a hard-fit 1911 - such as the Nighthawk Customs GRP that I hefted at the fun store late last year - I have been forced to turn and use the money for something else. Parts, or a SIG for my wife, or once, a replacement wedding ring set because I got a good price on it and she was looking extra hot that day... But I digress.

I do realize that my story indubitably pales in comparison to others... But I am offering a good, loving, respectful home and life to a quality 1911 and I believe that is one of the most important sacrifices one can make.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm sure many members of this site could use a few extra bux...  However most are too proud, and too honorable to beg.
Personally, I'd rather live within my means and earn an honest living for myself and my family.

If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, try donating it to <insert worthy cause here>

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My first husband turned out to be a cross dresser, I divorced him after 7 years of trying to make it work.

Did you get mad at him for stretching out all of your panties?
j/k

Not funny, Napalm!  Ok, it was.  Ya think I let him wear mine???  Not hardly!  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You see, I bought 50 g3 mags from TAPCO....but I don't even have a g3.

I'm feeling your pain.  Your a magaholic and need the money for rehab, right??

Yea, I mean I think 800 dollars would take care of the problem.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#44]
depends - how serious are you?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#45]
My vote is for the Little girl but if you have any extra left, I would love to start a business of my own. Then share all my wealth with friends and some family.
Being able to give more to family is always a plus.
My job will be ending soon as the company I work for, Toms Snack foods filed bankrupt, Sold to Lance Snack foods, We dont enven know which way is up anymore. Been trying so hard to be on top and just getting shoved under all the rubble
Also the heating bill went up, Paying over 500 a month for some heat that I am only running at 65*,
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I was involved in a self-defense shooting last year with just a semester left until i got my degree in computer and electrical engineering. Lost my job of nearly three years, lost my apartment, lost my GI Bill money as well as tuition for a few semesters because i wasn't able to attend class regularly due to bond hearings and other legal b.s.

Depleted all of my savings, my family's savings, and got loans for quite a bit of money to cover legal expenses.  Can't get a regular paying job because of the stigma of being charged with a violent crime even though I had never been in any trouble before military or civilian.

$35,000 + legal bills so far
$5-6,000 lost tuition
Forced to work for paltry sums
Being charged with murder when a drunk, woman beating man forces his way into your girlfriends apartment, assaulting her and attempting to assault you..... priceless But my girlfriend and i are alive, was able to keep my mustang, as well as surrounded by loved ones so life isn't all that bad.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#47]
well, my wife and i are about 50,000 in debt with student loans, but she hasn't been able to get a real job because employers either say she's over or under qualified so right now she's working in a coffee shop and i'm barely supporting the both of us on a cop's salary. on top of that, her car is an '86 accord with 304,000 miles on it and it's dying VERY quickly. we need a new(er) car but can't afford it because she's not making shit right now and i'm at my credit limit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Because my debt obligations have nearly doubled, and my salary has seen no more then a 5% increase in as many years, I'm a sinking ship. I need to pay these student loans off.

Funny thing is, I have no credit card or credit card debt. I have no car payment.
Tell me how that happened.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#49]
$2500  to pay for this semesters tuition. because I am a broke college student working full time to pay the bills and get through college.

Did I mention i'm majoring in Poli Sci, and plan on working for .gov where I will one day be president if I can pay for college?

Seriously, college is expensive, i'm busting my ass and yeah
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Because I'm an E-5 and don't get paid squat. I think I might have cleared $26K total for 2005.

More than I made.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top