Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 5:32:52 PM EDT
I was just informed via CSI that silencers are not lawful to own...
I like the show, but give me a break...the gun misinformation they spread is getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Hollywood - LIES!

Nuf said
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Which episode was this?  Their gun misinformation is common for most shows, but they certainly don't seem to espouse the "civilians shouldn't have guns" mumbo jumbo.  There was even a show where a chick wanted a gun immediately for protection but the waiting period was preventing her from getting one.  She was later killed.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It's.........only..........a..............show
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I still like all of those shows... (CSI, NCIS, Law and Order)
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I swear we need a running "CSI bullshit" thread, because there's always something new to add.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah...........but ...........People........... take........... it........... as........... researched........... fact. They........... let........... Hollywood........... think........... for...........them.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Which episode was this?  Their gun misinformation is common for most shows, but they certainly don't seem to espouse the "civilians shouldn't have guns" mumbo jumbo.  There was even a show where a chick wanted a gun immediately for protection but the waiting period was preventing her from getting one.  She was later killed.  

The episode thats on tonight.  Guy shoots a guy with a silenced Walther leaves the gun at the scene and takes the suppressor with him.  Willows and Werk are working thae case and Werk says silencers are illegal to own and hard to make.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The episode thats on tonight.  Guy shoots a guy with a silenced Walther leaves the gun at the scene and takes the suppressor with him.  Willows and Werk are working thae case and Werk says silencers are illegal to own and hard to make.  

Great synopsis.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
But he sure was a pro-fesh-un-al with that two in the chest, one in the head routine...with Federal .380 at that
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#11]
so what are they trying to say?

1. silencers ARE illegal
2. Silencers are illegal but anybody can get them from the local ice cream truck
3. silencer is more important than the gun?
4. ban silencers because they are scary cause i saw that secret agent use one and he is actually licensed by the state/DMV to kill, while ordinary citizens are not therefore they dont need one.
5. its easy to get silencers but the current gun laws are not strong enough to protect us and we should ban silencers again but make them east to get and hard to make but anybody can get one, but you should take it with you if you use one, which you cant get because Bush does not like black people?
6. we should all live in steel boxes(made from melted guns) lined with padding and be fed through IV tubes.  nobody is allowed out for their safety and anbody found out of their 'life box' will be shot by someone in that Lifeboxezplatz that is qualified enough to handle the "glock fortah"

really simple methinks.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Now they just said the Yamaha Raptor has been on the market for a year.  It's been out for about 5 years
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]
guess I missed it, I was watching toy story 2.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah...........but ...........People........... take........... it........... as........... researched........... fact. They........... let........... Hollywood........... think........... for...........them.

This just in...

Bill Shatner caught! moonlighting as an appliance repairman.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This just in...

Bill Shatner caught! moonlighting as an appliance repairman.

In ........... no WAY ........... would I EVER ........... ex-PEC-TED ........... to find......................

a-SPI-DERRRR........... in a MI-CRO-WAVE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top