Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why local law enforcement is afaid of these thugs. They do not have to stand in front of them like Redcoats. Hit them from long range with precision rifle fire (this country stilll has a lot of rifles & shooters).

Deputize us aready!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's time for the state governors to call up the militia to defend the borders, with standing orders to shoot on sight any armed Mexican nationals persons crossing the border. Have the Guard standing by in pre-assigned staging areas to provide rapid reinforcement in case a firefight breaks out and coordinate with aerial recon. Give the Minutemen permission to engage tangos as well and give them all arresting powers identical to those of the Border Patrol so the unarmed illegals can be rounded up and jailed or deported.

Ain't about Mexicans, it's about anyone who is not entering legaly. Don't forget that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Local law officers say as word of the latest incident spread on Wednesday morning, they were told that Texas Governor Rick Perry was releasing nearly $4 million dollars in additional funding for Operation Linebacker, to assist in their efforts to secure the border. Meanwhile, a delegation of local law enforcement officers will be discussing their concerns with members of Congress and the Department of Homeland Security - first in Houston this week, then in Washington, D.C. next week.

I bet the Vietnam version of "Operation Linebacker" would be much more appropriate. They would have a hard time driving through the blast craters.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Goddamn this is getting frustrating.  When in the hell is someone in the Gov, meaning the Federal Gov, going to stand up and order the border closed tomorrow.  I know the Governors are doing something, which is still not enough, but at least it is something.

Maybe it is time for private citizens to take practice on human shaped moving targets in the area of the incursions, only on our side of the border of course.  Don't want to start an international incident.

Good question. Four 30 years that I've been following the border situation the four southern most states: California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas have been complaining about the massive amount of illegals crossing their borders. The other 46 states couldn't care less as it wasn't a problem for them having a more-or-less open border. Now that one out of ever 10 Mexican citizens lives in the United States it's suddenly become a national problem? California spends 10 Billion dollars a year on illegals between their medical problems, education, housing, welfare ...

I'm sorry, would you prefer that the media turn elsewhere for it's hotbutton issue of the month?  To my mind, you've been interested for 30 years in an issue that's becoming fashonable.  Perhaps the thing to do is to fuel the fires with the information and experience you've gained over those years instead of bemoaning the "johnny come lately" attitude of the rest of the nation.  

If instead you are too proud and stand around whining about the battles lost before today, you'll miss out on the one chance you may have to get something done about the problem before the collective discontent moves on to something else like GM food or the dangers of New Car Smell.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
The "alleged" standoff was mentioned in another unusual story

U.S. doesn't want border violence mentioned in trial
Louie Gilot
El Paso Times
February 13, 2006
www.borderlandnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060213/NEWS/602130328/1001
Recent incidents of border violence echoed all the way to Washington, D.C., and Mexico City. Now the issue has seeped into at least one court case.

The prosecution in the case of two Border Patrol agents who allegedly shot an undocumented immigrant in the buttocks a year ago is seeking to exclude from the jury trial any mention of border violence, in particular the recent standoff in Hudspeth County.

The motion, filed by the U.S. Attorney's office last week, asks the judge to instruct the defense not to mention during arguments or witness questioning "the alleged dangerous nature of the border."

Court documents show the government is anticipating that the defense will use the current warnings over increased drug activity at the border to excuse the actions of agents Jose Alonso Compean and Ignacio Ramos. The agents shot Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, a drug smuggler, near Fabens as he ran back to Mexico.

Stephen Peters, Ramos' attorney, said he wouldn't discuss his defense strategy in details, but said that "A key factor is what he (Ramos) reasonably believed at the time of the shooting. The circumstances on the border as well as the activity the alien was involved in are relevant."

U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone is expected to rule on the motion today and the trial is scheduled to begin Friday.

A recent standoff in Hudspeth County between law enforcement officers and drug dealers protected by armed uniformed men who looked like Mexican soldiers sparked an international border security debate.

The government argues that the incident is irrelevant to the Ramos-Compean case, and misleading.

"It appears that there is an erroneous belief that individuals transporting illegal drugs across the border routinely carry guns. The actual facts refute this belief. Investigators for the government accumulated statistics that show that in the Fabens Border Patrol area, in one year period, not one arrested drug trafficker possessed a firearm," the motion read.

A Border Patrol spokesman did not know about that study.

Aldrete, who suffered a ruptured urethra from the shooting, said he did not have a weapon.

Compean told investigators that he shot at the victim because he thought he saw something shiny in Aldrete's hand and feared it was a gun, according to testimony at a previous hearing in the case. Ramos refused to speak with the investigators.

The U.S. Attorney's office filed another motion seeking to suppress any mention of Aldrete being an undocumented immigrant and being involved in drug trafficking.

Aldrete was a commercial driver in Mexico whose commercial license had expired and who moved drugs to earn enough money to "feed his family and afford the pricey license," the second motion read.

The government argues that agents did not know Aldrete's immigration status or that he transported drugs until after the shooting when they searched the van Aldrete had crashed while fleeing.

The van carried more than 700 pounds of' marijuana.

The agents reported the drug seizure but not the shooting to their superiors.

Agents started following Aldrete's van because it was going faster than the farm vehicles that usually roam the area, court documents showed.

The government warned that if the defense is allowed to bring up the violent tendencies of drug dealers at the border, prosecutors are ready to counter with stories of "rogue law enforcement officers," court documents showed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This shit amazes me.

What amazes me is that no Americans have taken it upon themselves to ambush any of these groups, leaving bodies to prove whether or not they are soldiers or smugglers.

Do you understand what would happen if that happened?
And the news of it was wide spread...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The "alleged" standoff was mentioned in another unusual story

U.S. doesn't want border violence mentioned in trial
Louie Gilot
El Paso Times
February 13, 2006
www.borderlandnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060213/NEWS/602130328/1001
Recent incidents of border violence echoed all the way to Washington, D.C., and Mexico City. Now the issue has seeped into at least one court case.

The prosecution in the case of two Border Patrol agents who allegedly shot an undocumented immigrant in the buttocks a year ago is seeking to exclude from the jury trial any mention of border violence, in particular the recent standoff in Hudspeth County.

The motion, filed by the U.S. Attorney's office last week, asks the judge to instruct the defense not to mention during arguments or witness questioning "the alleged dangerous nature of the border."

Court documents show the government is anticipating that the defense will use the current warnings over increased drug activity at the border to excuse the actions of agents Jose Alonso Compean and Ignacio Ramos. The agents shot Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, a drug smuggler, near Fabens as he ran back to Mexico.

Stephen Peters, Ramos' attorney, said he wouldn't discuss his defense strategy in details, but said that "A key factor is what he (Ramos) reasonably believed at the time of the shooting. The circumstances on the border as well as the activity the alien was involved in are relevant."

U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone is expected to rule on the motion today and the trial is scheduled to begin Friday.

A recent standoff in Hudspeth County between law enforcement officers and drug dealers protected by armed uniformed men who looked like Mexican soldiers sparked an international border security debate.

The government argues that the incident is irrelevant to the Ramos-Compean case, and misleading.

"It appears that there is an erroneous belief that individuals transporting illegal drugs across the border routinely carry guns. The actual facts refute this belief. Investigators for the government accumulated statistics that show that in the Fabens Border Patrol area, in one year period, not one arrested drug trafficker possessed a firearm," the motion read.

A Border Patrol spokesman did not know about that study.

Aldrete, who suffered a ruptured urethra from the shooting, said he did not have a weapon.

Compean told investigators that he shot at the victim because he thought he saw something shiny in Aldrete's hand and feared it was a gun, according to testimony at a previous hearing in the case. Ramos refused to speak with the investigators.

The U.S. Attorney's office filed another motion seeking to suppress any mention of Aldrete being an undocumented immigrant and being involved in drug trafficking.

Aldrete was a commercial driver in Mexico whose commercial license had expired and who moved drugs to earn enough money to "feed his family and afford the pricey license," the second motion read.

The government argues that agents did not know Aldrete's immigration status or that he transported drugs until after the shooting when they searched the van Aldrete had crashed while fleeing.

The van carried more than 700 pounds of' marijuana.

The agents reported the drug seizure but not the shooting to their superiors.

Agents started following Aldrete's van because it was going faster than the farm vehicles that usually roam the area, court documents showed.

The government warned that if the defense is allowed to bring up the violent tendencies of drug dealers at the border, prosecutors are ready to counter with stories of "rogue law enforcement officers," court documents showed.

DANG!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]
  That this country can EVEN have a debate about whether to shut down this border and protect this country shows JUST how far this country has slipped in the last 50 years. We worry MORE about the so called rights of foreigners who are breaking our laws than the rights of citizens who were born and worked to make this country. Are we really so paralyzed that this country cannot make a correct decision.  This illegal invasion is costing this country billions of dollars ever fuckin year but there is a debate over a fence. Yea they can tunnel under the fence so hell lets just forget the whole idea. At the rate we are going I give us 25 years at the most. The US will splinter into several sections of ethic diversity. Each group has its own language and cultural history. These illegals border jumpers do not assimilate into American society and the political correct crowd tries to jam this diversity crap down our throats. You are called a racist if you are against an illegal invasion of your country. Well this sounds like speech Nazi's in action to myself. I am against my country being overran by illegals, race has nothing to do with it. How many law officers are going to have to get gunned down by illegals,woman raped, people robbed, and hit and run accidents before this country pulls its head out of its ass.
  I was involved myself in a head on accident early Thurs. morning. This car just crossed the center line on a bridge into my lane at 5:30 in the morning. I was wearing my shoulder harness and seat belt or I would of been injured because the air bags failed to inflate. The other driver was Hispanic. I told him I was calling the police because the bridge was blocked with our wrecked vehicles and he told me we needed to have a little talk first. I told him I needed to get the police or there was going to be another bad accident. I called the police and the local sheriff dept. responded. By the time they got there the Hispanic was nowhere to be found. As far as I know they are still looking for him. I don't know if he was an illegal or not but I have a wrecked pickup and a very sore chest from getting caught by the shoulder harness. I give credit when credit is due and the local sheriffs dept. I thought was really professional in their job handling the situation. I really appreciated it and if they ever need anything they know where to come. They are a good group of guys and a credit to lawmen everywhere.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top