Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:17:42 AM EDT
So abortion pills are viewed as "commonly prescribed medicine"?  I thought medicine was something designed to cure a disease or illness.

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WAL_MART_CONTRACEPTION?SITE=PAPOT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-02-02-07-15-26

Women Sue Wal-Mart Over Morning-After Pill  

BOSTON (AP) -- Backed by abortion rights groups, three Massachusetts women sued Wal-Mart on Wednesday, accusing the retail giant of violating a state regulation by failing to stock emergency contraception pills in its pharmacies.

The lawsuit, filed in state court, seeks to force the company to carry the morning-after pill in its 44 Wal-Marts and four Sam Club stores in Massachusetts.

The plaintiffs argued that state policy requires pharmacies to provide all "commonly prescribed medicines."

Wal-Mart carries the morning-after pill in Illinois only, where it is required under state law, said Dan Fogleman, a spokesman for Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart.

Fogleman said the company "chooses not to carry many products for business reasons." He would not elaborate. But in a letter to a lawyer for the plaintiffs, a Wal-Mart attorney said the store chain does not regard the drug as "commonly prescribed."

CVS, the state's largest pharmacy chain, stocks the pill at all of its drugstores.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
They should stock the morning after pill.  The sooner it is taken the more effective it is at preventing a pregnancy.  BTW, the morning after pill has nothing to do with abortion unless of course other people make it difficult to get in time and the person ends up pregnant.  The morning after pill is just a much higher dose of the regular birth control pill.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
although I would love to see population control of idiots, I still want businesses to be able to sell what they want to.  If they sell it in IL because the law says so ok.  They want them to sell it every other place?  Get the law changed, call your reps, etc...  Similar to our CCW laws we fight to get even though they should be there anyway.  Of course one of these is protected by the second amendment and I have yet to see one for over the counter abortion/prevention.  Why didn't they just go to CVS then?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=433309
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top