Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:49:25 PM EDT
I went shooting with my the local SWAT team, a good friend of mine is the team leader. I shot the MP5, the .40 H&K, M-4, AR competition snipe rifle, Rem 700, a couple of their handguns. One guy has a Desert Eagle did'nt like that one very much. And believe it or not, I took my Bulgarian AK semi and Russian WWII M-44 and they loved them!! We ran out of 400 rounds of the 54r for the old Russian!

2 hours of shooting, I put through 9 mags of MP5 9mm...the M-4 actually put some nice cherry streaks on my shoulder, brought my own ammo and mags for it. Great day at the SWAT range and...I learned to shoot and load the "right" way, learned how to correctly use a shoulder sling, lots of learning for me today. I have decided top go through their CQB class now. Amazing what a little info and tactics will do for you. Oh yeah...I love the MP5!

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a fun time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
what do you mean by correctly use a shoulder sling?

sounds like fun, never heard of swat teaching civvies though thats cool

what was there M4 setup?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]

I shot a couple of mags through a DE .50 AE.  

The recoil did not bother me, but I kept hitting the slide release with my thumb.

I consciously tried to keep that from happening, no luck.

About $1 a pop too, glad I wasn't paying for the ammo.  

Sounds like you had a good time!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Complete this sentance:
"This post is worthless  without______!"

Sounds like fun
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what do you mean by correctly use a shoulder sling?

sounds like fun, never heard of swat teaching civvies though thats cool

what was there M4 setup?

I have never had anyone show me how to "use" the shoulder sling correctly, guess because I never saw a need for it. We shot full auto standing up and attacking, so he taught me proper stance and how to hold the weapon correctly. Again, after how many years of owning a myriad of these guns I have never had a "tactical" teacher showing me what to do. Where the gun rest, where your shoulders and arms need to be to buffer the MG. Then the sniper showed me a different way from the MG way, of course...great day of learning, I just soaked it in and felt like a total moron on gunplay after today..I know nothing except that which I read or have seen others. Today was different.

The M-4 had a trijicon on a rail, collapsible w/ M-4 handguards,,I used his 30 rounders and had 1 of them jam on round 25-27 going fa. Not sure why that happened..they were LEO mags.

Very good day for me today.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Complete this sentance:
"This post is worthless  without______!"

Sounds like fun

Yeah..I thought about that, but I thought it would be kind of odd asking the SWAT team would they taking action pics of me shooting their government weapons. Maybe when I go through the class, I know I will take some pics. That H&K .40 felt like a Tommy gun...rat,tat,tat,tat,tat. The surefire grip and light on it probably cost more than the gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Were you at Knights Trail near Myakka ?

- rem
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Could the team leader correctly identify the difference between an SKS and an AK?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Were you at Knights Trail near Myakka ?

- rem

No. WHere is Myakka?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Could the team leader correctly identify the difference between an SKS and an AK?

Whats that supposed to mean? Good lord..don't start that stuff tpnight please.

The M-44 was the prom queen today..everyone wanted to shoot it, and is suprisingly accurate..even the sniper commented on it being very accurate.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No.

Well you shoulda been!

Their police range down the way is always filled with automatics. That's the nicest part about it.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

Well you shoulda been!

Their police range down the way is always filled with automatics. That's the nicest part about it.

- rem

Where is Myakka? Are you in South Fl.?? I am in North Fl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top