Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want tabbed browsing in IE, get Maxthon.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cool. I like Firefox, but if IE had tabbed browsing...

ETA: Guess not. It wants SP2, and that is of the devil.

What is so great about tabbed browsing?  Not trying to be a smart ass but I get along fine just having multiple copies (usually two) of any browser I am using open.  Are there memory benefits involved?  I've tried using the tabs and don't like it.  Just guess I'm more used to going to the bottom of my screen to switch windows than I am the top.  Too radical a concept for this old-timer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool. I like Firefox, but if IE had tabbed browsing...

ETA: Guess not. It wants SP2, and that is of the devil.

What is so great about tabbed browsing?  Not trying to be a smart ass but I get along fine just having multiple copies (usually two) of any browser I am using open.  Are there memory benefits involved?  I've tried using the tabs and don't like it.  Just guess I'm more used to going to the bottom of my screen to switch windows than I am the top.  Too radical a concept for this old-timer.

The major advantage to tabbed browsing is it is far more efficient to manage than having multiple copies open. It is quicker... quicker to open tabs with one click, quicker to have tabs arranged in one window, and you don’t have to jump back and forth between windows.

You can have many tabs open drilled down through many web sites… very handy when you are researching something.

It really is much faster to use tabs… I would guess by at least by a factor of 2 times.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top