BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Also just found out the firm I am working for won some Gay and Lesbian employer of the year award.

Get out now, before it's too late. You're the gay-basher, now, and if your homo cube-neighbor has anything to say about it, everyone he talks to will know how 'intolerant' you are.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#2]
If it was natural, it wouldn't have bothered him. Since he made a choice he doesn't feel comfortable with, he is angry.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well the bastard is not here this morning and I guess he did go crying to HR. I got an email this morning verbally being reprimanded for my actions and have to take an online diversity training which has to be completed by Friday. Better than having my contract ended I guess.

Also just found out the firm I am working for won some Gay and Lesbian employer of the year award.

Before Sweetmeat returns, get some publicity stills of Backdoor Mountain and put them up in your cubicle. From time to time let out a loud "BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well the bastard is not here this morning and I guess he did go crying to HR. I got an email this morning verbally being reprimanded for my actions and have to take an online diversity training which has to be completed by Friday. Better than having my contract ended I guess.

You will be assimilated.... or is that ashumiliated or violated....

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Too bad packin fudge is the in thing now.   There are better hobbies out there like shooting and fishing....

Max
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you want to keep your job, give him a reacharound while orbiting his anus, it's the only way to be sure.

Fixed it for ya.

CO
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too bad packin fudge is the in thing now.   There are better hobbies out there like shooting and fishing....

Max

Well I am going to declare that I'm a lesbian.

Only how are you going to convince them you like girls? We heard you haven't been seen with any since leaving CA.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]
LT, man, that's what you get!  Tell him "you didn't mean to offend homosexuals, something you are curious about, but the only thing that offended you was the portrayal of gay men as cowboys."  Say "how you just think a modern homosexual man would have avoided the job because it would be rough on his skin and how he couldn't find anywhere to get his eyebrows plucked."  Say "how you really feel is "just that Hollywood takes something beautiful like a mans relationship with another man and adds stuff you don't think is real.  Back in the old west cowboys weren't gay the jews were"  

that will get you out of trouble.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Was talking with a friend/co worker about broke back mountain getting nominated for all this awards and kinda said out loud that we have become so PC that a fag movie is the biggest buzz in hollywood. Well, apparently the guy in the next cubicle...shall we say....lives the broke back lifestyle. Gave me a digusted look and told me not to say derogatory comments out loud.

Just waiting to hear from my placement firm to see when my last day will be.

I don't understand how that is derogatory.  It is merely your personal opinion on a movie.  I choose not to watch that movie, because I do not identify with gay cowboys, nor am I interested in hearing/seeing the details of their relationship.  I am not anti-gay in any way.  In fact, my beliefs may differ radically from most people here.  I feel that homosexuality is natural (although uncommon) because it is seen in animals other than humans.  That's right, there are gay animals.  It is an unavoidable genetic variation, and may serve some sort of purpose (perhaps homosexuals are not supposed to breed because of some kind of genetic flaw).  

Basically, fudgepacking is not a hobby, some people are just genetically predisposed to do it.  

Who knows why?  Personally I don't care.  Anyway, what bothers me is when there is a double standard.  You can get in trouble for "offending" a gay person, but they can't get in trouble for offending you.  It's complete bullshit.    

Good luck with your "diversity" training.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:54:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Is this what you left texas for?

Never mind I guess you ARE in texas. Thats even better.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Pfft.  Stupid shit...

Hell, we have a lesbian driver here who jokes about having one of the male drivers as a Lesbian Trainee.  I asked when it will be my turn...

The gay guy is usually the one to horse around a bit.  Nothing offensive, a little off color, but just on the borderline of uncomfortably funny.  His boyfriend, a family friend, is a little more uptight with his lifestyle. *shrug*
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Sucks about the diversity training.....Tell your neighbor there's no reason to get all butt-hurt about it.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I work with a gay guy that thinks Brokedick Mountain is about the funniest thing he's heard.

Of course, I also work with a gay guy that makes regular deliveries of candy from Wal-Mart. He calls himself the "chocolate fairy."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:48:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
.......online diversity training......

Tell us how the re-education camp program goes, if you're smart you will put on a tin foil hat to help lower the amount of damage inflicted.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I don't know which is worse -
- men with insufficient backbone to confront someone else when they have a problem or are offended, or
- the hypocricy of companies that fail to understand that diversity has two sides.

By the way, there is some funny stuff in this thread - might become an AR15.com classic, if it doesn't get locked in, oh say, 2 or 3 more pages.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.kbrjobs.com

Good money, tax free, travel, adventure.....

+1
That's how I got over here!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#20]
You should start dating him and then when he bitch slaps you, take him to court for domestic violence.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok guys, enough with the gay-bashing!  I've kept quiet about it, but this thread has made me realize I've got to admit my sexual orientation to you all.

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

There, I feel better about myself.

1911fan

PS:lordtrader, you might want to let youself be seen wearing a tinfoil hat when you take the test.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Man, if my company had a company sponsored gay group, I'd start a company sponsored Christian devotional group.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top