User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
And the ultimate response from DU?
I feel the liberal revolution is approaching us and soon ............

So a bunch of unarmed idiots will start a revolution?

It would be like an old time zombie movie, except the liberals probably smell worse than the decaying zombies.

Liberals are revolting? Tell me something I don't already know!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And the ultimate response from DU?
I feel the liberal revolution is approaching us and soon ............

Well... They have definitely already achieved REVOLTING status...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are killing themselves!!! Some are going to stop sending the dems money. Not only did they loose the vote, they are cutting their funding and killing themselves.

She asked in a weak, almost scared voice, "Will they really take away a womans right to choose?"

I replied, "I don't know. Maybe...Probably...eventually."

Her voice was rising an octave. After 14 years of marraige I instantly know that means she is getting pissed off.

"Why didn't they (the Dems) fight? Why... do... we... give them FUCKING MONEY EVERY YEAR IF WE CAN'T COUNT ON THEM TO STAND UP TO THIS?!"

I paused for a moment and said sheepishly, " I don't know. But if they overturn Roe vs Wade the republicans will have hell to pay."

"Right now," she said, "I don't give A SHIT! WE ARE NOT SENDING THEM A FUCKING, SINGLE PENNY ANYMORE!"

Wow, I thought. The "F" word TWICE inside 10 seconds. She rarely uses that word. I knew that only a two word answer would slightly calm her down.

"Yes dear."
My friends at DU. Almost every one of you are more politic savvy than I. She is on the train home right now from Manhatten and I sure would like to give her a better answer....

Will they REALLY go against 70% of the population and overturn Roe v Wade?

WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY

I thought the blue was pretty hard core.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that they get so mad that their collective head explodes...literally.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Check this one from DUh....

Why aren't there THOUSANDS of Americans standing in protest

on the steps of the Senate building RIGHT NOW? RIGHT NOW!! They'll have to hear us if they can't get to their cars (or drivers) unless they walk through the people that they have betrayed! We should be OUT...IN FORCE---DENOUNCING this travesty of justice. I'm ready to take a PHYSICAL stand! Are you?

Peace.

A couple of replies...

Because they have us all busy trying to save our families and homes by slaving away at jobs that don't pay living wages, living in fear of getting ill or old or disabled. We're too busy earning tax cuts for the rich and famous. Can you afford to take days off to travel long distances to protest? Indentured servitude, not citizenship.

Another...

I've been asking that since the supreme court blocked the count of the votes in 2000.
I'm ready.

They will do nothing!!  They will roll over and take the next ass pounding that is due them!!  

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
DUers quoting Winston Churchill. Oh the irony...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]

To get back at the Dem Senators who voted for cloture...

From DU...

Oh I got it. Let's email the traitors wrappers of Bush Baked Beans.
And on the back of the labels we write "your career is cooked.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Please, God, Please let them vote out all their fave senators......what a blessing that would be.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They could talk  forever and keep Alito from getting appointed unless 60 people vote to close discussions. Cloture is when 60 or more agree to end it.

Wrong.
The days of real fillibusters ended during civil rights as Senator Robert Byrd wanted to fillibuster against the darkies getting rights without doing any real work.
Trust to the democrats to have the only KKK member in the Senate.

And they had a shit fit because Trent Lott claimed to know someone who was "anti-civil rights"?

<snip>

For the record, Senator Lott merely told Senator Strom Thurmond at Thurmond's birthday that Lott wished Thurmond had won when Thurmond ran for president.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I am so glad that John Kerry cut short his tax payer funded vacation trip to Davos. Alito might actually have been given the nod without the true betrayal of the American people being known. Oh, the humanity.
Listen, was that the sound of the last gurgle, as the Dems make the final swirl?

Nah, their too stupid to realize the majority is seeing them more and more as moonbats.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"But let's say, for argument's sake, that there are not enough votes to sustain this fillibuster, WE STILL WON and here is why.

We came together, all of us, establishment dems, progressives, DUers, Kossacks, etc., etc. Things looked pretty bad just a week ago and we spent some time crying, bitching, moaning, threatening, then we got over it. We put our emotions to the side and got to work."

Oh, that's too funny. DENIAL.

and heres to machine gun sammy...      
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#13]

From DU...

Aren't we able to increase # of Supreme Court Justices?
I seem to remember that was a possibility if Bushbot put ultra conservative judges on the SC. Was I having a dream, or is there some truth to this?

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I really wish they would start their "revolution". It won't go the same way it went in 1917 with Lennin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I really wish they would start their "revolution". It won't go the same way it went in 1917 with Lennin.

Make my day, comrade.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#17]
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says to him, "Why the long face"?

How do my jowls look from this angle?

John Kerry now runs the elevator in the Senate Chambers...

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I like this one from DU. Maybe we should put some support behind this one!!

92. What a bunch of bullshit

I think this is the point where we either look at forming a new party or something really radical. It is apparent that with only 25 no votes the majority of the Democrats in the senate are not willing to stand up for what the party line is. With their inability to follow the party line why call themselves Democrats? Why should we, as the grassroots, consider them part of our party when they fail time and again to stand for what the party believes?

There are really only two options in this. We either A)Run someone else against them in 2006 who has the god damn backbone to toe the party line and will not waver into this neocon bullshit we can't seem to get away from. Or B)Form a new party, a truely progressive party with representatives who have demostrated their commitment to progressive values.

I'm just so annoyed by the whole thing I can't see straight. When I finish school in two years you can bet I'll be getting the fuck out of this country...by then the rest of the world will hate us, we'll have a king in the white house, and there will be concentration camps for liberals, minorities, and gays. God Bless America indeed...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#19]

"As for our enemies; All of the GOP Fascists and those Quislings who voted Aye on cloture, we now know your names. We know your districts, and we will see each and every one of you defeated in turn.

The fight is before us.

It may be a dark and literally deadly struggle for some of us, but it must be fought and fought with the sort of tenacity that I saw in these last blessed days. Let the last week be remembered as the week we first stood as one, and not the last.

In the immortal words of Winston Churchill; never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Comrades! Are you with me in the fight to take back America?"

Didn't they say this same shit after...

---The 2000 Election

---The invasion of Iraq

---The death of the 1994 AWB

---The 2004 Election

---Judge Roberts appointment to the SCOTUS

LOL what a buncha dipshits...!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Vash the Stampede  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-30-06 08:00 PM
Response to Reply #4
20. Republicans have something we don't
It's called POWER!

It's amazing what kind of rallying effect it has!

How has an arfcommer managed to get 1000+ posts over there? lol  Only piece of logic I've ever seen on the DU
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Kinda puts that Harriet Miers business in perspective, eh?

Oh, and speaking of DU, I'm glad some of you people have the equilibrium to go over there and cut and paste things to post here.  I can't do it because it makes me disgruntled and I can't have my "gruntlement" getting "dissed".   Bad for the lifespan and all.

Weren't these the same dorks that were going to go to Ohio after the election in '04 and have a "revolution" but none of them could get there because they didn't have any gas money?

They keep promising "revolutions" and "taking the country back"-ings, etc.  First rule of having a "revolution": have gas money.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
First rule of having a "revolution": have gas money.

There's a sig line!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#24]

When I finish school in two years you can bet I'll be getting the fuck out of this country

If only more would follow his lead.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Comrades,

This is a good day for the Constitution.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

When I finish school in two years you can bet I'll be getting the fuck out of this country

If only more would follow his lead.

They been promising to leave for 5 years…

They don’t.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#27]
must suck to be a democrap nowadays

To top if off, Howard The Scream Dean spent all of DNC's money! LOL

www.drudgereport.com/flashhd.htm

"DEAN UNDER FIRE FROM PARTY DEMS; NEARLY ALL CASH SPENT
Mon Jan 30 2006 10:52:31 ET

Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill are privately bristling over Howard Dean’s management of the Democratic National Committee and have made those sentiments clear after new fundraising numbers showed he has spent nearly all the committee’s cash and has little left to support their efforts to gain seats this cycle, ROLL CALL reports.

Congressional leaders were furious last week when they learned the DNC has just $5.5 million in the bank, compared to the Republican National Committee’s $34 million.

Senate and House Minority Leaders Harry Reid (Nev.) and Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), along with the Senate and House campaign committee chairmen Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and Rahm Emanuel (Ill.), have made their concerns -- directly or indirectly -- known to Dean, claims the paper.

Emanuel was particularly upset last week upon seeing the latest DNC numbers.

“A lot of people are scratching their heads as to what’s going on,” said one senior Democratic aide.

Another Democratic source familiar with the party fundraising apparatus said there is “obvious displeasure” among the leaders."

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#28]
For an even more hilarious look at the Dummiecrats base go read DUmmie FUnnies

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#29]
And again this is proof that the democrats have the proper symbol for thier party, a Jackass.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#30]
An aspect of this that gets overlooked (and correct me if I'm wrong), but wasn't O'conner, the high-holy "swing vote" on the SCOTUS, appointed by Reagan?

Also weren't two of the more liberal justices appointed by Reagan and / or Bush 41?

For all the hand-wringing about balance by the left, they seem to forget that this court SHOULD be much more stacked against them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool! Alito should be in like Flint

Grammar police here. The phrase you're looking for is "In like Flynn" Check the link below.

www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-inl1.htm

Well, mr. grammar police, I do believe he was referring to the movie entitled "In Like Flint".

Grammar Police busted by the Culture Police, next on "COPS."
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#32]
...and still the heathen rage.   As we close on the last few minutes before the confirmation vote,  the democratic senators continue to push their venomous lies about how Alito's confirmation presents a danger to poor, minorities, women, and small furry animals. You would think that the nomination was for  Adolf Hitler, not the jurist given the left-leaning AMA's highest rating for this nomination.

When will the left wake up and realize that they are being "played" by their senators? This rabble rousing is shameful and  is nothing short of pandering to  the worst, most extreme  emotions on the left. It is cruel  and yes, even unpatriotic to do so because it diverts us from the path of truth and dilutes the potency of people's faith in their bi-partisan government. It displays a left wing cynicism that attempts to belittle the very values of the constitution these people are sworn to support.  I am ashamed and angered  that people like Ted Kennedy, Chuckie Schumer and John Kerry share the same American air that I breathe.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#33]
What a bunch of fucking idiot morons.  They can't even filibuster right.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#34]
He's in! THEY JUST BROKE 51
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#35]
It is done. Alito is the new Supreme Court Justice!  58 yea, 42 nay

Now it's all over but the whining.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It is done. Alito is the new Supreme Court Justice!  58 yea, 42 nay

Now it's all over but the whining.

Sweet!  Is there a list somewhere of who and their vote?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#37]

I just opened up democraticunderground.com

Such denial

To paraphrase the entire homepage:

"Our ship is sinking but hold on we can do this!"

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top