Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 9:46:06 PM EDT
I live less than two miles from the airport and as such occasionally get called in to fuel jets from the jet A truck or help customers on the weekends if no-body else is close. Today, a customer I thought was a moderate PITA calls me to ask if I can get his aircraft out of the hangar for him. I tell him no problem (have to go into work dang it) and meet him and his safety pilot there. Pull his P210 out wish him a good flight. 20 minutes later I am in my skivvies getting a haircut from my wife when the phone rings, "Hey, the battery is too weak to start it I'll just leave it tied down and you can put it away whenever." I tell him that if he can wait I'll come hook up the GPU for him. He agrees to wait. A hurried haircut and a quick shower later I talk him through the proceedure and light him up. When he gets back from flying two hours later he drops me a line so I can put the plane back in the hangar. When I show up he thanks me and hands me $100! I am still a little stunned. He was much more thankfull than I gave him credit for and feel crumby that I thought so little of him before. Anyway...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
At my job I try not to be nice, when I give them bad news its easier then
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I run into good customers on this forum all of the time.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of my clients are actually very nice.  The problem is that they make you feel secure and relaxed when most people really are asshats and you've just been lucky to associate with the good so much.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one that gave me 300 rounds of ammo he had kicking around after he had gotten rid if the firearm and caliber. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to have a dirt bike and atv shop and had lots of great customers. Used to go riding with 8 or 10.  One the wife and I go out to eat with him and his GF about once a month.  Some I still go fishing and shooting with and talk on the phone with even after being closed since 03 [ I was injured trail riding ].   Went to an awards banquet yesterday to see some old riding buds.  Man I miss it

rj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top