Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine, none of those gussied up fancy dan models for me.

I have put some hogue wraparound grips on it and will probably put  a beavertail grip safety  on it as I do get some hammer bite out of it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The scriptures tell us yes - you should buy it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:06:20 AM EDT
[#4]
The thing with 1911's is that they have become to comercialized, everybody, and there uncle seams to make them, and there on the cover of almost every gun magazine all the time, and all the manufacturors keep trying to one up each other, and differentiate themselves from there competition so they keep adding all this gimmicky after market crap to there pistols, and screwing with the desighn, and cutting costs, and corners....  The result is a pistol with a bunch of glitzy "tactical" crap all over it thats untested, complicates the desighn, breaks, doesn't really work that well, but looks good in pictures in the gun magazines, and the desighn it'self has been completely altered, made more complicated, and the parts are all cast, and mimed, it's no wonder the 1911 is starting to get a reputation for unreliability, it's not the pistol, the desighn is proven and was used by the millitary from 1911 through the 1980's (1986 to be specific, I think....), and during that time it went through 2 world wars, Korea, Vietnam, numorouse smaller wars, and is still used by special forces, and other countrys, (the decision to switch to the M-9 Berreta was purely political, and the millitary is already looking for a replacement....) the problem is the manufacturors....  If you want a 1911 use the KISS principal (Keep It Simple Stupid....), and get the origional proven origional the 1911-A1 preferably surplus, if not then I think Springfield makes a decent copy, though I'm not sure how to spec they really are....

Once you find a good one the 1911 is perhaps the best pistol in history, and the best currently available today....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#5]
a 1911 is like a Garand: EVERY AMERICAN should own one.

If they're done right, they're the most reliable gun out there. Problem is, many mfrs cut corners/costs to get something that can "compete" economically with a Glock. A Glock is like a Toyota Camry; it works, and it's cheap. However, it will never be the work of art like a BMW.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top