Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not much of a beating if he was treated at the scene and released. Suspect will likely plead down to simple assualt and get 1-3 years informal probation and 10 anger managment classes.  If they really want to fuck him they will charge him with elder abuse.  No way ADW is going to stick though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was not being facetious - If I take a bag of sand and blow it at high speed onto your car, would you be okay with that?  Now let's add leaves, dirt, grass clippings, pebbles, etc - you still okay with it?  Now imagine what it does to the paint.  Now imagine what it does to a cloth top.  Fuck the fucking fuck.
The old man did not deserve a beating but he should never have done what he did in the first place.

Well then you better never drive your fucking car, because all that shit will fly onto it from other vehicles on the road.

true, but not in those large quantities of crap from a parking lot and high velocities from a leaf blower - what the old man did was intentional and it could have been avoided
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was not being facetious - If I take a bag of sand and blow it at high speed onto your car, would you be okay with that?  Now let's add leaves, dirt, grass clippings, pebbles, etc - you still okay with it?  Now imagine what it does to the paint.  Now imagine what it does to a cloth top.  Fuck the fucking fuck.
The old man did not deserve a beating but he should never have done what he did in the first place.

Jeesus dude! It's just a car!  should I stop and beat up on the driver of the next car tjhat passes me becuase the car threw up some dust, a stone or water?

i1.tinypic.com/mt79th.gif

a sign like that never holds up - a person is liable even if he has a sign stating he is not (simple: carry a sign saying "I am not liable for beating up old people blowing dirt on my car" and see what happens when you beat the crap out of the old man)

eta: oh, if you can read, you will see that I said he did not deserve a beating, so to answer your question about driving down the road - no.  But a driver passing you and getting dirt on your car is probably not intentional, unlike the old man's scenerio
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It must be almost like driving.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw the thread title and thought damn another beating in Milwaukee. Gald to see it wasn;t but still pissed someone would do that shit.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:54:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Who takes their new cars to Walgreens or Walmart anyway.  You are likely to get it dented and scratched up.  Not the best judgement on the part of the guy with the "fancy 2006 car".  Look out where you park.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I would shoot him, wait about 5-10 seconds then fire a shot into the air.  I would get my story straight with the daughter.

"Officer, the perp was coming at me next.  I gave him a warning shot fired into the sky, waited 5-10 seconds, where he continued to come at me.  Then I shot him."

Save the courts time and the taxpayers money.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I've actually used a leafblower to blow the Jack Russell hair outta my Liberty.Works pretty good. Hell with it,it's just a car,before long it'll be just another junker sitting in a lot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I personally thought the closet Nazi accusation was funny. I'm not sure the Closet Nazi's will accept me though unles they start allowing Mex/white mixes in! .

No, no no...you got it all wrong....Closet Nazis are like Grammar Nazis..except they're concerned about the tidyness of your clothing and it's organization...i.e. do NOT get your socks too close to your ledrehosen....

Then I'm REALLY last pick, my closet looks like a wrecking yard. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would shoot him, wait about 5-10 seconds then fire a shot into the air.  I would get my story straight with the daughter.

"Officer, the perp was coming at me next.  I gave him a warning shot fired into the sky, waited 5-10 seconds, where he continued to come at me.  Then I shot him."

Save the courts time and the taxpayers money.

Warning shots only endanger the rest of us.  If you're going to shoot, shoot your target.

Don't kill some poor schmuck walking his dog a block away.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice, beat up a 63 yr old man. What a pussy, i bet if it would have been someone his own age he wouldn't have done shit.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top