User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy mother of God....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
As an inspector I do metersets to see if the power can be restored to buildings after it has been removed for one reason or the other. It is amazing how many people live in those type conditions.
I see those kind of places often. Sometimes the occupants are still living there without power. All I get is "Please excuse the mess.". It usually is not the mess thats bad it is the smell. Hangs in your head all day.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've seen the little freezers on the small dorm style fridges freeze into solid blocks before, but I didn't think it could happen with a normal sized one

+1
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah..well what's bullshit is you didn't even give me my security deposit back...what up wit that???
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As an inspector I do metersets to see if the power can be restored to buildings after it has been removed for one reason or the other. It is amazing how many people live in those type conditions.
I see those kind of places often. Sometimes the occupants are still living there without power. All I get is "Please excuse the mess.". It usually is not the mess thats bad it is the smell. Hangs in your head all day.

I know exactly what you mean.  I guess I've gotten used to the smell.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.ssacoustical.com/bulldozer.jpg

Is that for the complex or the tenants?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell no, its still profitable, just have to use a little bleach for a good as new effect.

Slumlord:  

How many units to you manage/own?    Do you have employees to clean and fix up the  units, or do you sub  it out?   Seems like it would be difficult to retain staff in those conditions.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have not had the super bad problems, but I had a few with one tenant I evicted.

Could not find the pic of where she had her daughter crap on the floor and smear it around the room...dammit.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, thanks for sharing. Kind of makes you think twice about becoming a landlord.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, I never laughed so damn hard.

Last time I laughed this hard was the last time you posted pics.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
My comments would violate the CoC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
You know, until a bout a year or two ago, I had never heard of the term

dry-dock a stink pickle

Now I say it all the time.

Good to have you back, SL.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Reminds me of the greatest story ever told...  unfortunately the best version of it went missing.  Here's what I did find:

www.leshy.net/stuff/001_fecesking.php

Great entertainment there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell no, its still profitable, just have to use a little bleach for a good as new effect.

Slumlord:  

How many units to you manage/own?    Do you have employees to clean and fix up the  units, or do you sub  it out?   Seems like it would be difficult to retain staff in those conditions.  

I've got 476 units and I have my own staff to do the work.  Most of them live on property so with a discount on rent they stick around pretty well.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I love the slumlord threads.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd love to be a guard in place like this.  With people like that around I could never sleep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#19]
See this crap EVERY single day. Love the "collectors" who NEVER THROW ANYTHING OUT. Or the folks who will crap in a plugged toilet for two weeks (6-7 people ) before calling the super about it --complain about the price to fix it etc etc . One toilet we ended up tripple bagging/unbolting and flipping over and tying the bag shut as fast as possible --shoving the whole mess in a cut off fridge box and tossing --as gently as possible-- in a dumpster that manuver WITH a new toilet AFTER hosing out the rest of the bathroom cost the landlord $1000.00 actualy some of those photos are BETTER than some of the ones I've been into that people are still living in --before they move out the crap they consider important. Fresh and hardend dog crap on the living room floor trash every where. Odors so foul they leave the doors and windows open in WINTER TIME but live in it anyway. Really distroys your faith in humans.  The interesting part is that since they value themselves so little, they place no value in what YOU do and cant understand why you need to get paid --or why it costs to get messes like this fixed. BTW once you get a section 8 ( state paid rent living expenses at state set levels) tennant into one of your apt's --dont bother trying to get one out.. the state wont let you evict them.
On of my co-workers had a rental property in McKeesport. initially she (the tennant) paid her own rent then she went sec 8 when her sugar daddy went back inside --welfare folks told Ray he would only get  X dollars a month for the place --appox  2-300 UNDER the leased rate she had agreed to and well under the going rate for a house of that size in that area. Cant get her out she's sec 8 . Alls well till Ray gets a call at 3 am from the local PD telling him he needs to come secure the residence or they will seize it --the local police, state meth task force, DEA and ATF had raided the house --the tennant had sub let the attic off the books to a couple of cookers who were dealing meth for cash and guns --and re-dealing the guns etc etc. The Police bust in take everyone to jail and proceed to search --in the process the broke EVERY single window and there was not a door left on its hinges in the house, interior, exterior  closet bathroom --didnt matter and lots of the tennants furniture had been used to break the windows --basiclly ending up outside in the process.
Before the tennant was out of jail the welfare folks told ray the house was "unliveable" and shut off rent payments till repairs were made. She had the nerve to call him and try to get him to post bail.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This was one of my gate security guards who I caught sleeping one night.  Honking the horn of my surburban within 10 feet of him didn't wake him up.  It took me shaking him to wake him.  The second photo is the same guard in the back when I had to throw him and several of our local drug dealers out of an apartment they had broken into.
members.quixnet.net/mcress/m1.jpg

Yeah, Its hard to get good help these days
(is that a security baseball bat in tactical black?)

Sleeping is one thing, but the upside down "U.S." collar pin is UNACCEPTABLE!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This was one of my gate security guards who I caught sleeping one night.  Honking the horn of my surburban within 10 feet of him didn't wake him up.  It took me shaking him to wake him.  The second photo is the same guard in the back when I had to throw him and several of our local drug dealers out of an apartment they had broken into.

S.O. - Security Officer pin?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

S.O. - Security Officer pin?

Correct. it is "S.O."
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
See this crap EVERY single day. Love the "collectors" who NEVER THROW ANYTHING OUT. Or the folks who will crap in a plugged toilet for two weeks (6-7 people ) before calling the super about it --complain about the price to fix it etc etc . One toilet we ended up tripple bagging/unbolting and flipping over and tying the bag shut as fast as possible --shoving the whole mess in a cut off fridge box and tossing --as gently as possible-- in a dumpster that manuver WITH a new toilet AFTER hosing out the rest of the bathroom cost the landlord $1000.00 actualy some of those photos are BETTER than some of the ones I've been into that people are still living in --before they move out the crap they consider important. Fresh and hardend dog crap on the living room floor trash every where. Odors so foul they leave the doors and windows open in WINTER TIME but live in it anyway. Really distroys your faith in humans.  The interesting part is that since they value themselves so little, they place no value in what YOU do and cant understand why you need to get paid --or why it costs to get messes like this fixed. BTW once you get a section 8 ( state paid rent living expenses at state set levels) tennant into one of your apt's --dont bother trying to get one out.. the state wont let you evict them.
On of my co-workers had a rental property in McKeesport. initially she (the tennant) paid her own rent then she went sec 8 when her sugar daddy went back inside --welfare folks told Ray he would only get  X dollars a month for the place --appox  2-300 UNDER the leased rate she had agreed to and well under the going rate for a house of that size in that area. Cant get her out she's sec 8 . Alls well till Ray gets a call at 3 am from the local PD telling him he needs to come secure the residence or they will seize it --the local police, state meth task force, DEA and ATF had raided the house --the tennant had sub let the attic off the books to a couple of cookers who were dealing meth for cash and guns --and re-dealing the guns etc etc. The Police bust in take everyone to jail and proceed to search --in the process the broke EVERY single window and there was not a door left on its hinges in the house, interior, exterior  closet bathroom --didnt matter and lots of the tennants furniture had been used to break the windows --basiclly ending up outside in the process.
Before the tennant was out of jail the welfare folks told ray the house was "unliveable" and shut off rent payments till repairs were made. She had the nerve to call him and try to get him to post bail.

I hear you.  Fortunately we've been able to keep the cookers off property.  Also fortunately I have the ability to get full rent from Section 8 residents and I can evict them for any violation of the lease.  And my lease damn near allows me to evict for just pissing me off.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks Slumlord, this is an interesting post!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#25]
You can probably get some cheap day laborers who are willing to do work Americans won't do to help you clean those up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Just in case you guys wanted a closer look at that fridge.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow...geeeeeeez
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#29]
dang!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m speechless
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#31]
vile!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this in TX? What part?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I was thinking of renting out my current house and buying another.

I think I'll Sell.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Well jumpin' Jeebus!  Every time I once again consider getting into the game, you go and post something that makes me remember why I have not yet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#35]
That's pretty messed up.

-James
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Slumlord, my hats off to you!
I don't know how you put up with that stuff.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Slumlord, can you explain why you shouldn't be able to rent your apartments only to the people you want to rent them to?  Is their some kinda BS federal law that states you have to let just about anybody who applies live there?  I really want to know.  I wouldn't care what your color is or anything but I wouldn't want to rent my property to people who scream thug,trash or scumbag.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm glad my tax dollars are helping these people out.

These animals don't give a shit because WE pay for their rent. They get to be lazy and fat sitting on their fat fucking asses all day getting drunk and high while WE go to work to pay their fucking rent and food stamps. They fuck all day and making more future degenerates for US to support.

NOLA is the perfect example of this. These people are so used to sucking on the government nipple that when warned to get the fuck out because a cat 5 hurricane was coming there way they sat there waiting for someone to do it for them. These people lack the most basic survival skills. They have no self respect and no pride. They would rather live and eat in shit instead of taking care of what they have.

Anyway, we should give you the Nobel Prize because it looks like you found the missing link.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#39]
eeeeeeeew
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Is this in TX? What part?

Houston
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#41]
You should call that show dirty jobs
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Thank you, Slumlord.  After seeing these pics, my GF says she will never complain about a few gun magazines (the paper kind) lying on the coffee table again.

Trey
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I'm glad my tax dollars are helping these people out.

These animals don't give a shit because WE pay for their rent. They get to be lazy and fat sitting on their fat fucking asses all day getting drunk and high while WE go to work to pay their fucking rent and food stamps. They fuck all day and making more future degenerates for US to support.

NOLA is the perfect example of this. These people are so used to sucking on the government nipple that when warned to get the fuck out because a cat 5 hurricane was coming there way they sat there waiting for someone to do it for them. These people lack the most basic survival skills. They have no self respect and no pride. They would rather live and eat in shit instead of taking care of what they have.

Anyway, we should give you the Nobel Prize because it looks like you found the missing link.

You are right in some respects, I have quite a few people living in my complex that are VERY close to what you describe.  However if I remember right the apartment that particular fridge came out of was not an assisted one.  Meaning they paid their own rent in full.  Only about 20% of my residents recieved ANY assistance for rent and since all the Katrina refugees are in town that nunber has grown to roughly 40%.  Believe it or not but those who get housing assistance (pre-Katrina) were some of the best tenants I could get.  They had to deal with annual inspection from the housing department of their apartments.  If they had done too much damage they could actually lose their housing assistance.  The ones that tend to do the most damage to my apartments are those that pay the rent themselves and feel that therefore they should be able to do as they please to anything at anytime.  I had two different HPD officers tell me recently that my complex was by far the quietest in the neighborhood.  Thats even though we ranked #1 on the list of where 911 calls came from this last quarter.  I've got a few thousand people living under my "control".  I'm running what in another area would constitute a small city.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thank you, Slumlord.  After seeing these pics, my GF says she will never complain about a few gun magazines (the paper kind) lying on the coffee table again.

Trey

Always glad to help a brother out!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Well jumpin' Jeebus!  Every time I once again consider getting into the game, you go and post something that makes me remember why I have not yet.

Keep in mind this is not average even for me.  If it was I would be posting this kind of thing nightly, however its always possible that you'll get a deadbeat renter.  Its a risk you take, but keep in mind I'm lax on my qualifications for renters. You don't have to be.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep in mind this is not average even for me.  If it was I would be posting this kind of thing nightly, however its always possible that you'll get a deadbeat renter.  Its a risk you take, but keep in mind I'm lax on my qualifications for renters. You don't have to be.

It is as good or bad as you let it be.  It takes balls to play this game.  I am learning how to do it myself, and it is a pain, and no matter what you do, someone will throw a curveball like this at you.

I just sold my "slum" and am buying a building in a better town that is more of a higher class rental.  I want to try and rent to people who have all their teeth.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Jesus F$%^&* Christ that's a mess!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Sad

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Those pics take me back to my days of performing evictions in D.C.

Good times...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Beggin to be shopped, the face on the boy is priceless....
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top