Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:46:10 AM EDT
I have always heard mags are for guns and clips are for your hair. A lot of folks use the term clip. So what do you call it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Mag. Because that's what it is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#2]
MAGAZINE
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
If it contains a spring it's a magazine.  (think AR15)

If it is a spring it's a clip.  (think M1 Garand)
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
A clip is a small piece of metal or plastic that holds loose rounds together (stripper clip, or the clip for the M1 garand) and has no feeding function.

A magazine is a device that by design feeds rounds to the gun as it cycles.

If someone came on here asking for clips to his M1 Garand, he would be complete right; however, if he asked for clips for his pistol or AR, he would get all sorts of shit from the nazis.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#6]
mag. This is a clip
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Mag..
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#10]
People who only know about guns from Goldeneye 64 and Counter Strike call it a clip.

Everybody else knows it's a magazine.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Didn't the broomhandle Mauser pistol use a top loading clip?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

a stripper clip, used to load the internal mag
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, although I'm sure Han Solo's used a detachable magazine to hold all that plasma!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have always heard mags are for guns and clips are for your hair. A lot of folks use the term clip. So what do you call it.

Call it whatever you want....

The Magazine/Clip Police will show up in force though

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, although I'm sure Han Solo's used a detachable magazine to hold all that plasma!

Battery pack goes where the ammo in a Mauser goes. Instead of the slide, there's a Tibanna gas tube. The battery activates a laser to excite the Tibanna gas and send it down the barrel where it is concentrated by "galven" circuitry and focused. The resulting particle beam is sent down range at high speed and features a harmless beam of light following the particle beam itself. No plasma involved.

And before anyone calls me on being a geek, I DID have to look that up in my guide to weapons and technology.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

Yea.. AR.. Assault Weapon.. Assault Rifle.. same diff, right? Call it whatever you want, who cares about using the correct terminology?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Battery pack goes where the ammo in a Mauser goes. Instead of the slide, there's a Tibanna gas tube. The battery activates a laser to excite the Tibanna gas and send it down the barrel where it is concentrated by "galven" circuitry and focused. The resulting particle beam is sent down range at high speed and features a harmless beam of light following the particle beam itself. No plasma involved.

And before anyone calls me on being a geek, I DID have to look that up in my guide to weapons and technology.

Oh don't worry, I also have a Star Wars technical journal except I'm too lazy to look up how a blaster works.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh don't worry, I also have a Star Wars technical journal except I'm too lazy to look up how a blaster works.

have either of you actually had sex with a woman?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taffy

I guess Cars and motorcycles are the same thing too?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Women...those aren't in my technical journals!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Women...those aren't in my technical journals!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top